Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw, equal number of bonus points

• Tie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dean this season for Vic: 6, 0, 75, 10*, 5, 11, 0, 0, 16, 68, 26, 0, 2, 11.
Runs: 230. Average: 17.69

Forsyth, Dandenong scored nearly 1000 runs for the season, average over 80. Averaged just below 50 last season. Should come in for the next game, or there are a couple of others who would be far better options than Dean.
I suspect Vines is next in line. 99 on the weekend, has gotten games, and is a definite ginder to partner the more free flowing Harris

Just watching there, looks like your typical local cricket offie!

Vics also have the option of opening with Maddinson and bringing in a middle order batsman as well, plenty of options but they keep sticking with Dean for some reason
Only reason I wouldn't open with Maddinson is that he and Harris are remarkably similar players. I'd almost open with Short instead, opens with Northcote, opens in OD cricket and used to open in Futures League. Plus he's a guy that gives himself 40 balls before he really starts expanding.

Looks like he would struggle to get you or me out. Would not struggle in a pie eating contest though.
Please, nobody would struggle to get me out. But goddamn Maddo!

Only reason I wouldn't open with Maddinson is that he and Harris are remarkably similar players. I'd almost open with Short instead, opens with Northcote, opens in OD cricket and used to open in Futures League. Plus he's a guy that gives himself 40 balls before he really starts expanding.

Yeah fair point, would be a hell of an opening partnership if they got going though!

Dunno how NM got out to this bloke. Been bowling nothing but pies since I’ve been watching

As an offie I used to love bowling to lefties, if a left hander came in I’d bring myself back on!

Yeah fair point, would be a hell of an opening partnership if they got going though!

As an offie I used to love bowling to lefties, if a left hander came in I’d bring myself back on!
Oh I don't disagree. Hell, I wouldn't be opposed to experimenting with Pattinson opening next game instead!

Oh I don't disagree. Hell, I wouldn't be opposed to experimenting with Pattinson opening next game instead!

Of course Patto will be back, that probably makes it likely it would be Short or Maddinson opening and Patto slotting into no7, atleast makes it an easy decision. Other change would be does Siddle come back in?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course Patto will be back, that probably makes it likely it would be Short or Maddinson opening and Patto slotting into no7, atleast makes it an easy decision. Other change would be does Siddle come back in?
Yeah I would. He's not a great new ball bowler but I think him as a workhorse helps Tremain in particular.

Just declare. We'll have 110 overs at them, it's 4+ runs an over, we're not doing anything by still being out there. Unless you're waiting for White's 50.

Back