News Should finals return to 20 min quarters?

Quarters should return to 20 mins

• Yes

Votes: 55 67.9%
  • No

Votes: 26 32.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No. Would compromise further. Teams who finish 9th could argue they would've made the 8 under 20 min quarters.
Also a side who has trained for and adopted a 16 min strategy would then find themselves disadvantaged.
But just my opinion. Don't really care if it does change. Rules have been made up and changed all year.

No. Would compromise further. Teams who finish 9th could argue they would've made the 8 under 20 min quarters.
Also a side who has trained for and adopted a 16 min strategy would then find themselves disadvantaged.
But just my opinion. Don't really care if it does change. Rules have been made up and changed all year.
All sides would of trained for 16 mins. It disadvantages no one as all teams play under the same conditions. Did you have a problem with some teams playing off 4 day breaks against oponents playing off 8 day breaks? Cause thats a circumstance where opponents dont have the same conditions which is far worse.

the flag will be descredited by every opposition supporter if finals arent played under normal conditions as other years. Cos in the end We always compare seasons to each other. Not treat them as independent.

All sides would of trained for 16 mins. It disadvantages no one as all teams play under the same conditions. Did you have a problem with some teams playing off 4 day breaks against oponents playing off 8 day breaks? Cause thats a circumstance where opponents dont have the same conditions which is far worse.

the flag will be descredited by every opposition supporter if finals arent played under normal conditions as other years. Cos in the end We always compare seasons to each other. Not treat them as independent.
Circumstances are what they are this year. It will be a different flag regardless what happens. This season is vastly different from others due to circumstances out of control of the league.
I'd vote no because you can't change the rules and structure mid season. Your cricket and 2010 examples everyone knew the rules before the year.
On the other hand I wouldn't protest if they did.
Anyway with the short breaks and length the AFL will have to have a plan for 2021 as that is likely to be affected as well

We need 20 min Qtrs back asap. Dont give me this crap about training for 15min Qtrs, players train as hard as they can full stop.

Game has looked like rubbish with 15 min Qtrs, to the point I dont even watch my team anymore.

Exactly, the Eagles are in the middle of five games in 19 days and may have to play earned finals in Queensland. Spare me the fairness argument.

We need 20 min Qtrs back asap. Dont give me this crap about training for 15min Qtrs, players train as hard as they can full stop.

Game has looked like rubbish with 15 min Qtrs, to the point I dont even watch my team anymore.

Would that have changed though? Would the Richmond/Sydney game have been magically better if the game was longer, or the Freo/Geelong game etc etc list goes on. It just wouldn’t surprise me if nothing changes; teams play safe and defensively for three quarters and one team breaks out in the final quarter. There might be more junk time goals, but that is hardly more attractive.

Back