Autopsy Should have Could have - but didn't. Down by 2 against Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Tough losing both Macartins but defense held up well in their absence. Effort was there all night but despite being in front all night it never felt like we were in control. None of the key forwards had any impact and Franklin probably a negative. Probably due to I50 delivery. Warner, Florent and Rampe probably our best.
just didn't put enough scoreboard pressure on during our dominant times of the match.
Game was over umpired as well.

Boys need to be pulled in for an early morning beach session followed by a harsh tape review. Need to get our heads screwed back on and go back to the basics that got us so far last year.

If I see bombs not under pressure next week I will spew.
bring a spew bag zyzz muzza

Garbage umpiring. Garbage kicking for goal. Garbage injuries. Garbage forward line.

A lot of garbage tonight - trash we need to take out of our game very quickly.

So shattered for Ollie - he has been one of our best this season so far and deserved to kick the winner. Just was a little hesitant on the kick as was well in range.

At least the longer field at the Adelaide Oval might force our forward apart a bit, and make the bomb to anyone tactic slightly less desirable. If we don't fix that, then we will be lucky to make the 8, let alone challenge for anything. We have no small forwards too often to create any pressure, and it comes out so quickly if we turn it over from it.

As for Buddy - love the bloke and all he has done, but he looks absolutely cooked.

Mate, if you don’t think a kick after the siren - that looks to be going straight through the middle, 2 rows back - that somehow drops 20cm short is funny, then you don’t like comedy
I was jumping around and fist pumping like a goose from the couch halfway to the kitchen before I realised it didn't go in

Buddy and Horse need a real good chat during the week. Give him the odd game by all means but we should really be planning around him.

It won't be long before he doesn't deserve a game anyway.

Gone on one year too long and now the side pays for it.

Can't keep on reviving history. Game is past him. Move on and enjoy the memories

Girlfriend who doesn't understand football's comment during the game:

"Port doesn't have good players but that Aliir guy is great! Can he play for you?"

"Sydney do well at getting the ball but suck soon as it goes past the colour line thingys"

Even she gets it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7 tackles inside 50 to 23. That was a BIG area of dominance for us last year and the current forward setup just can't keep the ball in there.
We miss Clarke

Buddy is done. He's time has come to an end as an automatic pick. Getting beaten regularly, looking slow, lethargic & lacking confidence. We need to move on from him for the betterment of our future. Imo team functions better without him.

Cunnigham should go too, hardly sighted & when involved he was sloppy. Clarke is a direct swap for him. Clarke is a gun in his role.

Assume both McCartins will miss, these would be my changes:

Outs: P. McCartin, T.McCartin, Cunningham, Buddy
Ins: Fox, Gould, Clarke, Roberts, Mclean or Melican (sub). Whoever is our best tall in reserves.

They need goal kicking practice and get rid of this around the corner crap. Is Nick Davis still our goal kicking coach?

Mate, if you don’t think a kick after the siren - that looks to be going straight through the middle, 2 rows back - that somehow drops 20cm short is funny, then you don’t like comedy
I think every Swans fan watching on the telly was celebrating as that kick sailed towards goal. I know I was. Florent was, Stephens was. I think that kick personified life. Just when you think everything is going well, it all falls apart. Dark humour indeed. But definitely humour and in such situations it's good to see the lighter side of the situation. Never mind, let's move onto next week.

I’m the worst loser of all time but I get your point. It was *ing karma. Got what we deserved. So yeah if that’s how you handle it it was funny as *. Everybody handles losing differently. Right now I’m ok with it because there is some glaring exposure of some players coming to the fore.

7 tackles inside 50 to 23. That was a BIG area of dominance for us last year and the current forward setup just can't keep the ball in there.
It is a massive weakness and good teams will absolutely butcher us on it. Our forwards look really slow to react and on the lad too - feel like a couple of steps behind time and time again.

Our only hope to win anything this year is if we somehow teach others to spot a pass like Errol can. Oh and maybe do some goal kicking practice....

Hey uh, how long until mini Warner is ready? Because Chad may end up with cooked shoulders from carrying this ******* team.

Forward line needs a complete over haul. Papley McDonald Heeney, Parker McLean Hayward. Franklin gets a few charity games against the bottom 6 so he can go on his farewell tour

Remove this Banner Ad

Back