Should the Lions keep Fagan around if they lose tonight?

Remove this Banner Ad

If the Lions lose this then Fagan will be in serious strife...
Surely wouldn't get sacked mid-season but a tap on the shoulder that his time is up for 2025 onwards is very likely at this rate.

Fagan reminds me of the bloke who started a business and it got to a really successful level that he then couldn't manage and to get the business to the next level requires a high quality CEO.

They should have made the offer to Clarko last year this team should be at minimum Grand Final or bust this year.

Brisbane supporters get very defensive but until he proves it, had plenty of chances btw all the above is spot on.
as a collingwood supporter I had to quote this again...

2023 grand final was interesting to say the least.

He's worthy of a prominent role somewhere (as he's done well before) but Fagan is just not the man to take Brisbane further. I feel they should have made a better fist of challenging in 19,21, 22. They should have made the 20 GF (or played a competitive prelim) and think they really should have won last year. Pies were good but not in earlier season form. He's not getting the best out of them.

Something needs to change. We've been trying the same thing for a few years now and it hasn't worked.

Fagan has done an amazing job building this club from the ground up - We were a complete shambles and he came in and sorted that out. He deserves credit for that. I really wanted to see him take the team to a flag but it hasn't happened. AFL is so competitive that you have to adapt and evolve at every turn. I know the team is doing this but but maybe a fresh face and a fresh start would do everyone some good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's worthy of a prominent role somewhere (as he's done well before) but Fagan is just not the man to take Brisbane further. I feel they should have made a better fist of challenging in 19,21, 22. They should have made the 20 GF (or played a competitive prelim) and think they really should have won last year. Pies were good but not in earlier season form. He's not getting the best out of them.

We bullied them in the 20/22 prelims. They were talented, yes. They always have been, but those games weren’t matches between two sides of talented teams, they were men vs boys type games. We bullied them, unequivocally.

Last year they were ready, they actually looked like they weren’t just relying on ability, they were ready to combine it with attitude, some toughness etc.
suddenly all that seems to have disappeared. They’re in danger of wasting it completely

We bullied them in the 20/22 prelims. They were talented, yes. They always have been, but those games weren’t matches between two sides of talented teams, they were men vs boys type games. We bullied them, unequivocally.

Last year they were ready, they actually looked like they weren’t just relying on ability, they were ready to combine it with attitude, some toughness etc.
suddenly all that seems to have disappeared. They’re in danger of wasting it completely
We did but I don't think we should have been able to just bully them. Losing is one thing and can accept that. Not looking like it all night in both prelims is something else. And the other years straight set exits from top 4. I just don't feel like they have challenged hard enough with the team they have and think other coaches would have a flag with that group by now or at least given it a better shake.

as a collingwood supporter I had to quote this again...

2023 grand final was interesting to say the least.

Did they win?

I can't see how I'm wrong, most talented team in the comp with easily the best home ground advantage.

We've been the most prominent exponents of it, but it's been pretty common with this Brisbane team.

Faux tough guys everywhere with very healthy opinions of themselves for a team that's yet to achieve anything that history will remember.

In my experience, they seem to love the talk and physical when it's going well (almost exclusively at the Gabba) and it disappears when the going gets tough.

That has to lay at the feet of the coach who allows that culture to fester.

A fresh set of eyes would change that, and although it's risky to fire a coach that's viable and succeeding, it's a risk they have to take IMO.

It won't happen, but if they poached Scott they'd win a premiership within the next 2 years.

Fagan rewards mediocrity. Thats why such a talented group are inconsistent. There is no punishment for underperforming players. Hence there is no reward for in form reserves unless there is an injury to mediocre stars.

Lions have arguably the best list in the comp. A team chock full of talent that arent kept to a high standard on weekends. Not held to account by a coch who has engineered them to mediocrity. This has gone on for years. Obviously the Brisbane corporate hierarchy are happy with mediocrity, as They reward Fagan with a permanent job as his reward for it.

AFL should begin to have conversations with Brisbane regarding 'Fagans failures'. QLD is a 2 team state. The code, the fans deserve a more consistent performance from the best list in the comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back