Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Remove this Banner Ad

I was thinking about trying this year with a few mates and I don't think it would be too hard to get in. The only problem would be trying to find seats together because it's a full stadium.
A bunch of mates attempt to sneak in to the grand final for free, and you still feel entitled to sit together as a group in someone else's paid-for seats? Standing room at best, mate.

Swans v GWS would mean lots of seats for the common fan. AFL silver members would be in with a shot of getting a seat and maybe even General Admission.

Last year I was supposed to meet my friend - from Vietnam who's studying here - to watch the big game on the big screen at Yarra Park. My phone battery died, so we couldn't find each other. I watched on the big screen and, unbeknownst to me, she saw the entire second half. A disgruntled Eagles fan gave her his ticket and she somehow managed to get in. Given the end result, though, I'm not sure if I would've wanted to be in there anyway. I left Yarra Park at 3/4 time.

Last year I was supposed to meet my friend - from Vietnam who's studying here - to watch the big game on the big screen at Yarra Park. My phone battery died, so we couldn't find each other. I watched on the big screen and, unbeknownst to me, she saw the entire second half. A disgruntled Eagles fan gave her his ticket and she somehow managed to get in. Given the end result, though, I'm not sure if I would've wanted to be in there anyway. I left Yarra Park at 3/4 time.

You mean she scanned the ticket at the turnstile like everyone else does.

That's not a story.

I can't think of a good way to sneak in without a ticket at all- but I think there are some ways you could try adding to your tickets if you already have one or more.

Maybe one thing that might work is if you go with a friend and each have a ticket, then you take both tickets to go back out (e.g. at qtr time) leaving your friend in the stadium. Scan one ticket out, but as you scan out act a bit confused by the screen on the turnstile. Quickly switch the ticket in your hand to your friend's ticket and mention to the attendant at the turnstile that it gave an error message of some sort (maybe wrong gate I think it sometimes says), but it still let you out. Act concerned that it didn't scan out properly, therefore you are worried if it will let you back in. Best case scenario the attendant just tries to scan the ticket out again to check, and it works (of course, because this is the ticket you didn't scan out with). Now you have two scanned out tickets to allow an extra back in. The attendant may call over a manager to check the status of your ticket (to see if it is scanned in or out) , but as long as you make sure the attendant had just seen you exit, and you keep in contact with them the whole time, it would be very harsh of them to not allow you back in with your ticket that you just left the stadium with. Worst case scenario they call you out for lying about it, but you can just come back a little later with your ticket that you did scan out.

^ This is the way to do it.

At the ground level of the Southern Stand some of the ramps are used as pass out gates manned by guards with hand scanners, they get very busy with people piling out of the gates.
  1. One person walks out with 2 tickets.
  2. Scan one out with as little fanfare as possible.
  3. Quickly double back and tell the guard you missed him/ticket didn't scan.
  4. Swap and scan the second ticket, guard sees it wasn't scanned out, looks legit.
  5. You now have two live tickets outside the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know of any tunnels that lead into the Mcg or any doors that they might leave open and you can sneak through without security noticing or being able to catch you if you run.

Does anyone know of any tunnels that lead into the Mcg or any doors that they might leave open and you can sneak through without security noticing or being able to catch you if you run.

Legend has it that there is a network of underground tunnels in Melbourne, including a rail line from Spencer St to the Airport, from Carlton to Spring St with detours to various brothels nearby, and from Merri Creek in North Fitzroy to the city.

Couldn't be too hard to tunnel your way to the MCG.

Seriously, yeah I'm sure there are a million doors open that people would tell you about :rolleyes:

Yeah if you go down the tunnel at Parliament station for about a mile. Avoid the central rail as it's 10,000 volts. Turn right and wade through the water for 200 yards then start digging upwards and get your motorbike to the surface.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back