Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Remove this Banner Ad

I realised the other day anyone Joe Punter can just buy tickets the NRL grand final, cheapest tickets are $90 (I grabbed two the other day) but seem insane to me you can just buy tickets a month out from it. If you could GF tickets would be gone in about 2 minutes.
Yep. Bought tickets possibly about 2 months out from the game last year. Funnily enough I'm a Sharks supporter and turned out to be the greatest gamble of my life. I wonder how that weekend would've turned out if it were 2 teams I couldn't give two shits about.

I realised the other day anyone Joe Punter can just buy tickets the NRL grand final, cheapest tickets are $90 (I grabbed two the other day) but seem insane to me you can just buy tickets a month out from it. If you could GF tickets would be gone in about 2 minutes.
Tbf league is a sport that translates incredibly well to tv (like cricket). Pretty much everyone relevant to the game is in screen. Aussie rules suffers as you miss all the movement a kick or two ahead of the play when you're not in the stands

Tbf league is a sport that translates incredibly well to tv (like cricket). Pretty much everyone relevant to the game is in screen. Aussie rules suffers as you miss all the movement a kick or two ahead of the play when you're not in the stands
Atmosphere is also pretty crap IMO.

Attended a state of origin game at a packed suncorp stadium a few years ago. Snoozefest.

State of origin at suncorp is never, ever a snooze fest, I'd suggest you were missing something.
Not really, had a predrinks food package with channel 9 and nicely buzzed by the first kick off, was there with a group of league supporters. I think the thing with rugby league games is people are chatting, walking off to get drinks etc while the game is going.

Put it this way it was light years below attending an AFL grand final. Even live premier league games in the UK have more atmosphere.

Not really, had a predrinks food package with channel 9 and nicely buzzed by the first kick off, was there with a group of league supporters. I think the thing with rugby league games is people are chatting, walking off to get drinks etc while the game is going.

Put it this way it was light years below attending an AFL grand final. Even live premier league games in the UK have more atmosphere.

I'd agree, NFL and NBA games were better too, but dull is ott.

Having been to both an AFL and NRL grand final I found that the NRL GF had a much better atmosphere. Far less corporates.
Id always heard this about the AFL gf, but i didn't really notice the corporates last year. The volume was unlike anything ive ever heard. I was in the 3rd tier of the great southern stand so maybe my view with all the other peasants was different to the lower level corporate junkets.

Id always heard this about the AFL gf, but i didn't really notice the corporates last year. The volume was unlike anything ive ever heard. I was in the 3rd tier of the great southern stand so maybe my view with all the other peasants was different to the lower level corporate junkets.
I agree, the stands are usually full of colour and fans

I think it's a bit of a myth

Can anyone answer this question re ticketing for this Friday night game at the G. I got a couple of guest passes through a mate who has a MCC membership. From what i understand you have to pay your membership renewal by the end of August but she has not done so. So technically her membership is no good until the fees are paid yet was still able to buy and pay for guest passes? Will we be right to get in or will this show up as a red flag when they scan our tickets? We will not be with said member.

Can anyone answer this question re ticketing for this Friday night game at the G. I got a couple of guest passes through a mate who has a MCC membership. From what i understand you have to pay your membership renewal by the end of August but she has not done so. So technically her membership is no good until the fees are paid yet was still able to buy and pay for guest passes? Will we be right to get in or will this show up as a red flag when they scan our tickets? We will not be with said member.
I don't know, but take your ticket purchase receipts with you and play dumb. Don't acknowledge that you knew anything about her late payment of her fees.

I agree, the stands are usually full of colour and fans

I think it's a bit of a myth

It's not. Prelim final weekend is for the fans, bugger all corporates this weekend. Next weekend far less members and supporters get tickets. Doesn't necessarily affect the noise or even the atmosphere but there will be less genuine team supporters on grand final weekend than there will this weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mind you Channel 9 have a shocking habit of moving the cameras away from a fight until it's broken up.

I don't know, but take your ticket purchase receipts with you and play dumb. Don't acknowledge that you knew anything about her late payment of her fees.
We got in fine, ticket scanned and the green GO came up and in we were. Could be a loophole for those with MCC that don't pay their fees in time for the finals. As we were in the line the did announce that those who hadn't renewed their membership would not be allowed in.
Pity the Swans didn't show up!

It's not. Prelim final weekend is for the fans, bugger all corporates this weekend. Next weekend far less members and supporters get tickets. Doesn't necessarily affect the noise or even the atmosphere but there will be less genuine team supporters on grand final weekend than there will this weekend.
There is still plenty of colour in the ground

Won't need to sneak in for this years gf
With gws playing there will be 20,000 scalpers at the gate and 5,000 tickets still available to the public from the ticket box.

Just be careful - I did post in '08 about sneaking in as a Record Seller two years in a row, and '09, bammo, the record sellers had secret wrist straps.

It wouldn't shock if the security company read this thread.
My brother-in-law was one of a group of 50 that snuck into the 2008 GF. Somebody in that group knew one of the ground attendants who was able to supply 50 passout tickets on the day and sold them for $50 each. Nice earn for the attendant.

The brother-in-law's brother was having some dinner with friends a year or so later and one of those friends happened to work with Ticketek. He told the story of how he got into the 2008 GF to the Ticketek employee, which then was relayed to senior people within Ticketek.

This led to the passout system as it was being abolished and being replaced with the scan in / scan out system.

My brother-in-law was one of a group of 50 that snuck into the 2008 GF. Somebody in that group knew one of the ground attendants who was able to supply 50 passout tickets on the day and sold them for $50 each. Nice earn for the attendant.

The brother-in-law's brother was having some dinner with friends a year or so later and one of those friends happened to work with Ticketek. He told the story of how he got into the 2008 GF to the Ticketek employee, which then was relayed to senior people within Ticketek.

This led to the passout system as it was being abolished and being replaced with the scan in / scan out system.
always one asshat that spoils it for everyone! :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back