South Africa v India

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree, SA should win convincingly, the green tops India developed in preparation at home might help a bit though

Excited for it!

Will definitely get to see how good india actually are. I also would like to see how Steyn goes coming off the long injury break he’s had.

Kohli and Pujara vs South African bowlers should be a good battle.

Bowling line up for South Africa? Do they fit all four of steyn, Rabada, philander and morkel in (with a part time spinner)?

Not terribly interested in how ashwin will go away. I’m sure he won’t go well... jadeja is a better bowler away from home anyway.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

SA win this comfortably, only Indian I can see possibly averaging 50 in this series is Pujara, rate him as a test player.

Actually Rahane has a better record outside Asia than Pujara.

Pujara is a class act though and he has been in excellent form so I would expect him to fare better than he has in the past.

SA should win, especially if Philander/Steyn/Morkel are all fit.

Interesting to see how Maharaj fares. He's started his career well.

Should be a terrific series, especially now AB is back in the middle order.

I think South Africa's batting now at a point where they can post winning scores, pretty nicely balanced seven as well with players all reasonably experienced now at their role. As good as the bowlers are, they'll be the ones with the pressure on them to determine the series as will have their work cut out with Kohli, Vijay, Pujara and Rahane (who seems to find an extra leg overseas).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Ashwin will pull out the wrist spin he's been working on. Actually what I think would be really interesting is if he just started to mix in a few leg breaks as a variation to get the batters looking out for them - and then bowl a wrong'un.

Or maybe he'll just be bad as usual outside of home conditions. Anyway, since these two sides are our next two major Test opponents it will indeed be interesting to watch.

Amazed at how far ahead India are of South Africa as world #1 in tests. Hope SA annihilates them.

That’s what happens when the BCCI....er..... the ICC I mean schedule the amount of home tests India have had recently. Not to mention the only away series I can think of that they have actually played was beating up a very very poor Sri Lankan side. They are going to be in for a rude shock alright. SA will sweep the series with absolute ease and wipe the floor against the flat track bullies.

South Africa should win. Although if Shami and Yadav can make some inroads it will be tight.

Key to India's batting is Vijay, absolute class act and can set up Kohli and Rahane to capitalise.

How does Dhawan keep getting picked overseas? They have one of the most talented batsman for all conditions in KL Rahul. Would be a shame if he missed out to that dabbing, thigh slapping imposter.

What are people's predictions for the line-ups?

Perhaps:

South Africa
1. D.Elgar
2. A.Markram
3. H.Amla
4. F.Du Plessis
5. A.B. De Villiers (c)
6. T.Bavuma
7. Q.De Kock (wk)
8. V.Philander
9. K.Rabada
10. K.Maharaj
11. M.Morkel

India
1. M.Vijay
2. S.Dhawan
3. C.Pujara
4. V.Kohli (c)
5. A.Rahane
6. R.Sharma
7. R.Ashwin
8. W.Saha (wk)
9. B.Kumar
10. M.Shami
11. I.Sharma

Should be a good series. India have the batting to go well in Sout Africa but whether they will be threatening enough with the ball will be the main concern.

I think South Africa will pummel the Indian batsmen into submission. With Steyn ready to go, along with an in form Morkel and Rabada, plus the guile of Philander, the South African pace barrage will be too much for India.

Pujara and Kohli are excellent players, but the home side will tailor the pitches to suit their strengths. They won't need a spinner if the pitches are as quick as expected.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back