Opinion Star Athletic a disaster?

Remove this Banner Ad

We horses, we unite

Fear the herd.

Pony-of-Death-480x320.jpg

I have noticed the polo shirts have deteriorated in quality over the years. I buy 2 every year but this year I didn't because the quality has been shite.

Wish we would get Adidas back. But ISC is much better than SA. It's like the club thinks they're doing the right thing by signing these low known sponsors, making moves and no one to tell them "No" or that's not good for business.

It's like our club was a very well ran Mercedez Benz, now it's a cheap 2003 Holden.

Wish we would get Adidas back. But ISC is much better than SA. It's like the club thinks they're doing the right thing by signing these low known sponsors, making moves and no one to tell them "No" or that's not good for business.

It's like our club was a very well ran Mercedez Benz, now it's a cheap 2003 Holden.

Well if you look at the sponsors you are spot on.
From luxury Lexus to Holden, who's sales have lead to them shutting up shop.
Meanwhile.........Hawthorn have Audi.
Next week the membership numbers should be out.
Now in past years we have crowed about our numbers week on week. Suddenly no one can tell us what our current figure is.
We are in a downward spiral on and off field.
Star are a symptom of a much wider problem.

Another email from the club today flogging guernsey for $80 PLUS an item worth 20-30 bucks to go with it (winter beanie with tassells, towel or hat).

Star has to be gorrrrn
Did notice that there is bugger all Star stuff left on the store now.

Has there been any noise about Hawthorn or Essendon leaving adidas? I don't think they look after many AFL teams.

I went to replace my old Adidas training shorts last year. I took one look at the Star shorts, and walked away. They were rubbish. I did replace my 2010 Adidas playing jersey with a 2015 Star away jersey. Both large. The Star jersey is like an art smock, it's gigantic. I can order anything in any brand online, and I'm size large. You don't expect your large to be more like a XXXL

I went to replace my old Adidas training shorts last year. I took one look at the Star shorts, and walked away. They were rubbish. I did replace my 2010 Adidas playing jersey with a 2015 Star away jersey. Both large. The Star jersey is like an art smock, it's gigantic. I can order anything in any brand online, and I'm size large. You don't expect your large to be more like a XXXL
You're right there. Everything I wear is either medium or large (damn dairy products), and my Star guernsey is small because medium was huge on me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we should make it clear that we dont mind being overcharged for nike or adidas stuff because we can wear it overseas and impress people....but when you pay the same price for some brand that no-one has ever heard about, its ridiculous. It's like paying $100 for a Target t-shirt. It's like telling people, "I'm a loser"... I've gone back to wearing the t-shirts that I bought a few years ago. I just have to stretch them out a bit...
How good was it having global sponsors like Emirates & Adidas on the front of the Guernsey? F**k this Club has gone backwards.

How good was it having global sponsors like Emirates & Adidas on the front of the Guernsey? F**k this Club has gone backwards.

I prefer the European soccer Guernsey where the brand name is more prominent. Then I can pay 100 bucks to wear something that says something important in life
upload_2016-8-1_4-2-18.png

btw what is that goldy logo crap just above the name of the team? I wouldn't wear something with that ugly crap on it

Another email from the club today flogging guernsey for $80 PLUS an item worth 20-30 bucks to go with it (winter beanie with tassells, towel or hat).

Star has to be gorrrrn
Bought an away clash strip guernsey from the Store just inside gate 3 at the MCG on Saturday. 2014 version. $10. Thats more like what they are worth.

Jeez where was the heads up hah?
lol. I piched my daughters beanie last week and cut the pom-pom off. Thats the only reason I went in there. But they had boxes and boxes of old guernseys. They had $20 written on the box so I thought bugger it, thats cheap as. Went through the register and they only charged me $10. Gold. Definately poorer quality than the Adidas stuff though. Tissue thin in comparison.

lol. I piched my daughters beanie last week and cut the pom-pom off. Thats the only reason I went in there. But they had boxes and boxes of old guernseys. They had $20 written on the box so I thought bugger it, thats cheap as. Went through the register and they only charged me $10. Gold. Definately poorer quality than the Adidas stuff though. Tissue thin in comparison.

It's extraordinary really, but thanks for the tip one can never have enough training tops! Rewind to 2011 when I purchased my last jumper. It had a gold AFL logo, was fantastic quality and I'd still get more than $10 for it if I sold it today.

I associate Viatel with the Tony Shaw era and unfortunately Buckley and the Star era will always be intrinsically linked for me...

It's extraordinary really, but thanks for the tip one can never have enough training tops! Rewind to 2011 when I purchased my last jumper. It had a gold AFL logo, was fantastic quality and I'd still get more than $10 for it if I sold it today.

I associate Viatel with the Tony Shaw era and unfortunately Buckley and the Star era will always be intrinsically linked for me...
I agree; Buckley was a star.

I prefer the European soccer Guernsey where the brand name is more prominent. Then I can pay 100 bucks to wear something that says something important in life
View attachment 271849

btw what is that goldy logo crap just above the name of the team? I wouldn't wear something with that ugly crap on it
lol what are you on about?

I wish we go back to Adidas. I don't think I've bought anything manufactured by Star Athletic in the last few years and I've had no desire to do so.

My 2008/2009 guernsey, which I wear regularly to games still serves me well despite the beer stains that have developed over the years :p

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back