Autopsy still in it at half time 2 weeks running v Poortaloos,

Remove this Banner Ad

Bored Nick Kyrgios GIF by Tennis TV
Im Not Stupid Fran Healy GIF by Travis
Young Sheldon Reaction GIF by CBS

PLayers that should care don't seem to care enough.

So many of them don't have enough intensity about what they do. The don't have enough mongrel or campaigner in them.

Sheeze was impressive today for that. He really stood up and had a go and showed a bit off fight. And aggression around the contest and at the player with the ball. He ran out of puff and probably why we slowed down in the third. he and Wardlaw are ****ed by then. They do alot of hard physical work on their opposition. If they can keep it up for a couple of years they'll be very tough mids.

Even LDU isn't there yet. A couple more years and he'll be at his peak. He cops alot of attention in close and even in the month since I saw him last he is better at fighting thru it. I guess it depends on how big and strong the other player is but he pushed thru alot of close attention today. He had the ball lot more against a much better midfield than Adelaide's cos he could push thru the players holding him back at stoppages.

The stats also back this up. In the first five games he kicked one goal. In the last five he's kicked five and had an extra nearly 2 possessions a game. And its been mostly contested possession. He already seems to be taking that next step, which is dealing with the attention. He's just gonna keep improving the more games he plays. We really need to keep him.

Imagine him as a 10-15% better player just cos he's a bit bigger and stronger and fitter.

He's really had to deal with the attention this year, alot of the time he hasn't even had Jy in there with him let alone anyone else. The more wrestling and scrapping he does the more he's gonna develop the sort of strength and endurance he needs to deal with that sort of attention. If he can stick it out for another two years we'll have stronger midfield support around him i reckon and he'll rip games apart.

This has been a huge issue for as long as I can remember

Really can’t wait for the days when this club finally gets it right and starts beating up on teams like these scumbags once again.
Seriously so sick of getting belted year after year to these clubs

Why is our skill level so putrid?

I think you could grab 23 fit random young men off the street, pay and train them as professional footballers for 3-4 years and they would have better skills than 70% of our team.

It is just diabolical.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back