Sydney Swans 2019 Season

Swannies in 2019?

• Sink. They've been up consistently for a long time. Their time is up. Longmire's one dimensional

Votes: 94 61.4%
  • Swim. They're like an old war horse that know's how to get it done. Still a dangerous side.

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • Staying afloat. Will make the finals, but won't have a say in serious matters in 2019

Votes: 41 26.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah you can never count the Swannies spirit out combined with their incredible talent + recent form. Buddy could go nuts in the 2nd half of the season if he stays on the park, and if JK, Heeney and Papley continue to shine then you guys could achieve optimum results.

Kennedy has been out the last few weeks and will likely be gone for another few weeks still but oddly enough our midfield has not gotten worse since he went down. It seems like Hewett is stepping up really well in his absence.

Franklin injury comes at a bad time as they're just a game outside the 8 atm. Swannies form has been great the last 6 weeks or so.

Still in the hunt.

Franklin injury comes at a bad time as they're just a game outside the 8 atm. Swannies form has been great the last 6 weeks or so.

Still in the hunt.

Some questions are going to be asked about a couple protocols in the Hawthorn game:
1. Leaving Buddy on bench for 10 mins and not keeping him him moving on the bike. His stint on interchange seemed a bit long and on a cold his body temp would've dropped significantly. After such a long break, he sprinted at about 90-95% into position and then again on the injury-causing play.

2. Sinclair's concussion - not stabilising him after a fairly dangerous looking knock. He was adamant about getting up but the docs looked really meek in their approach.

Both incidents soured a good win.

Respect to Tom Papley for his season to date. Since Franklin's injury spell he has been having one of those career-peak seasons. Pure 'blood' as well with both grandfathers South Melbourne teammates in the 60s.

I still think Swans will fall short of finals this year, but they've done well to yank themselves back into that 9-12 category.

Respect to Tom Papley for his season to date. Since Franklin's injury spell he has been having one of those career-peak seasons. Pure 'blood' as well with both grandfathers South Melbourne teammates in the 60s.

I still think Swans will fall short of finals this year, but they've done well to yank themselves back into that 9-12 category.

You racist

Swannies will be cheering on Geelong and Brizzy today/night. If both the favourites win the Swans are just a game outside the 8. If Power or Saints win ( or both ) then they'll be 2 games adrift.

The Swans were crap and now they're not. A lot of the AFL world seemed to not notice just how much youth they were blooding all at once. If you have drafted and recruited well then it doesn't take long for talented kids to turn into productive A graders.

They're the best chance of the mid-lower ladder teams to surge into the 8.

The Swans were crap and now they're not. A lot of the AFL world seemed to not notice just how much youth they were blooding all at once. If you have drafted and recruited well then it doesn't take long for talented kids to turn into productive A graders.

They're the best chance of the mid-lower ladder teams to surge into the 8.
Our 7-week rebuild is complete.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that James Rose on draft day?

After the way we were bounced out of the finals in the last two years, I don't look forward to scraping into the 8 and then getting smacked again. I'd rather get another season into this team and go deep into the finals next year.

My target for the 10 games post-bye is to beat the seven teams out of the eight (Haw, Suns, Ess, Carl, Por, Mel, St K) and at least one of three three in the eight (Freo, GWS, Geelong). That would be a pretty good warm-up for next year.

Is that James Rose on draft day?

After the way we were bounced out of the finals in the last two years, I don't look forward to scraping into the 8 and then getting smacked again. I'd rather get another season into this team and go deep into the finals next year.

My target for the 10 games post-bye is to beat the seven teams out of the eight (Haw, Suns, Ess, Carl, Por, Mel, St K) and at least one of three three in the eight (Freo, GWS, Geelong). That would be a pretty good warm-up for next year.
You will beat us imo. We have away games to you guys,Freo and the Lions.

Will drop 2 of the 3 I reckon. Possibly all 3. You and Freo will roll us imo.

Feel free to tell me I am delusional but do opposition supporters think the Swans can make the finals this year? I know it is a long shot, but I think there is a chance and it might sound conceited but I don't think any team that finish 5th would be too happy playing the Swans in week one of the finals.

Feel free to tell me I am delusional but do opposition supporters think the Swans can make the finals this year? I know it is a long shot, but I think there is a chance and it might sound conceited but I don't think any team that finish 5th would be too happy playing the Swans in week one of the finals.
You're delusional mate.

Haha nah joking. And on current form you could beat anybody first week of the finals provided you have a healthy list. But, here's the catch. And I did believe this would occur unfortunately for you guys ( and us ) as the Power got us last night. I don't even consider that an upset, many certainly would but you know our record after the bye. Not only that but the Power when switched on ( :) ) are a fierce beast to contest with. They rolled Richmond and Melbourne this time last year and in the present time, on their day as was the case last night are very good. Pushed Freo in Perth, beat WCE there already and now us. But where that sits with you is they've moved two games clear, and so are the Tiges who play the Saints next week whom they'll fancy to get back to winning ways. Port have the Doggies in Adelaide and will be firm favourites in that one, and the Dockers host the Blues. The Bombers season pretty much hinges on Thursday's Night game against the Giants and they'll back themselves in playing at Marvel. Under lights there they've proved a different beast when they're on so anything can happen. They'll believe they can get the job done and set up an eliminator for sure and certain the following week with you guys at the G. Holy * that would be something.

Also that round Freo play West Coast and another derby where Adelaide face the Power. Looking at that now results could certainly go your way and you're going to need them too. Because there's a few sides in contention vying for those last 2 spots. Richmond also has the Gold Coast after the Saints being odds on yet again.

Wouldn't pick you guys to get there but you're certainly capable.

It's not out of the question but I think the Swans will end up missing out. I said last week that I thought Sydney would win more games than they would lose for the rest of the year so I think you will win at least 10 games. Somewhere between 10-12 wins is what I believe the Swans will get. Probably need 13 wins to make it which would mean only one more loss for the year but I think that's a big ask even though Sydney have come back before from a difficult position in 2017 to make the finals.

You're delusional mate.

Haha nah joking. And on current form you could beat anybody first week of the finals provided you have a healthy list. But, here's the catch. And I did believe this would occur unfortunately for you guys ( and us ) as the Power got us last night. I don't even consider that an upset, many certainly would but you know our record after the bye. Not only that but the Power when switched on ( :) ) are a fierce beast to contest with. They rolled Richmond and Melbourne this time last year and in the present time, on their day as was the case last night are very good. Pushed Freo in Perth, beat WCE there already and now us. But where that sits with you is they've moved two games clear, and so are the Tiges who play the Saints next week whom they'll fancy to get back to winning ways. Port have the Doggies in Adelaide and will be firm favourites in that one, and the Dockers host the Blues. The Bombers season pretty much hinges on Thursday's Night game against the Giants and they'll back themselves in playing at Marvel. Under lights there they've proved a different beast when they're on so anything can happen. They'll believe they can get the job done and set up an eliminator for sure and certain the following week with you guys at the G. Holy **** that would be something.

Also that round Freo play West Coast and another derby where Adelaide face the Power. Looking at that now results could certainly go your way and you're going to need them too. Because there's a few sides in contention vying for those last 2 spots. Richmond also has the Gold Coast after the Saints being odds on yet again.

Wouldn't pick you guys to get there but you're certainly capable.
Bombers indeed. Gonna be a huge game next week at the G.

Back