Prediction Sydney Swans next senior coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Seeing Longmire is doing his best impersonation of Matthew Primus, taking a gun mid and playing him in reserves despite the team desperately needing inside mid grunt, Cornes and Mitchell, who will succeed Long,ire as senior coach for 2016 when it is evident absolutely nothing has changed with our deficiencies against hawks and clearances/stoppages.

Mark Thompson would be very handy sitting there idling away. Would definitely like to see him breath a new game plan into our team. Any others of note still available?

Seriously?
Heck yes, I see an iceberg, data says its an iceberg looking at our trends. Nothing remotely looks to have changed, possibly full steam backwards. Our list is providing Longmire job security, if we didnt have the quality of players hed be gone.

Rohan hbf or is it jetta. Articles contradicting eachother on the Swans website by players arent even sure. Dont put the AA HBF there whatever you do. Calls like this go unnoticed when the class of the team keeps winning. Hawks own our strategy and kill us.

there will be questions asked if we don't secure another flag by 2016, I would think with the amount we are paying to our forward line. that's why we got buddy and tip.

still very unlikely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just checking here, you are all happy with the coaching of Longmire and the gameplan at present?

Why wouldn't we be, the change in game plan between Roos and Longmire saw us win a Premiership and further changes saw us on the brink of another before one of the worst displays I have seen since the early 90's which everyone agrees with and is rightfully upset with not just Longmire but the players and other coaches. The club aren't going to sack Longmire anytime before the end of his current contract in 2017 as on field he has done everything and more asked of him.

What your asking is to sack him because he didn't name a player in Round 1, thats beyond the realm of stupidity and into crazy. Maybe stop taking Super Coach so seriously would be my suggestion.

It was always going to be a danger of the Roos/Longmire era that fans could become entitled and spoiled by winning so consistently.

Take a deep breath, think hard about the success of the club that Longmire and Roos have presided over, about how much other clubs struggle to put half-decent teams out on the field two weeks in a row and how hard your own club struggled to do the same for decades before 2003.

Supercoach isnt my thing, DT preferably. But ive had concerns on how we get beat by Hawks for a while now, not just one game. Not sure if anyone saw Foxtel's round table, highlighted similar concerns and failings in our side. Not apologetic for not resting on our laurels. Recently Port Adelaide and soon to be Crows got ruthless with their coaching, Im interested to see how Crows pan out this year.

It was always going to be a danger of the Roos/Longmire era that fans could become entitled and spoiled by winning so consistently.

Take a deep breath, think hard about the success of the club that Longmire and Roos have presided over, about how much other clubs struggle to put half-decent teams out on the field two weeks in a row and how hard your own club struggled to do the same for decades before 2003.

I'd include Eade in that and take it back to 1996

Finals in 16 out of 19 Seasons - 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Finals Wins in 12 of the 16 Finals appearances - 1996, 1998, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
2 lost Prelim Finals - 2003, 2013
5 Grand Finals - 1996, 2005, 2006, 2012, 2014
2 Premierships - 2005, 2012

Yep sacking coaches has been the answer to our success the last 20 years.

I'd include Eade in that and take it back to 1996

Finals in 16 out of 19 Seasons
Finals Wins in 7 of the 16 Finals appearances
2 lost Prelim Finals
4 Grand Finals
2 Premierships

Yep sacking coaches has been the answer to our success the last 20 years.
It hasnt been our first round draft selections.

Roos, tradeing and astute later round drafting, with solid internal development.

Not sure Longmire should be too closely linked there.

Credit to Eade but there was a ceiling there that is masked by our list strength, which wasnt for him quite as much. Most credit goes to Roos in my opinion. Longmire inherited a pretty decent list.

Slingshot was solid, but even my detractors will recall Horse in interviews using language like "sustainable" game plan etc. Remember that Crows game, was amazing a few years back, think it was when Tippet was sitting ot, we ran out of puff that year. I remember how knackered Hanners looked.

Whats the common theme between Freo Prelim loss, GWS round 1 loss and Hawks GF loss?

Doesnt matter how much personal heat comes my way, legitimate concerns exist, even if some prefer to pretend there are none.

But ive had concerns on how we get beat by Hawks for a while now, not just one game.

I see now, Roos didn't quit he was sacked for losing to Collingwood for so long and so often:rolleyes:

Not sure if anyone saw Foxtel's round table, highlighted similar concerns and failings in our side.

and everyone has had their say on that. Some agree, some don't. That's not grounds to sack a coach.

Not apologetic for not resting on our laurels. Recently Port Adelaide and soon to be Crows got ruthless with their coaching, Im interested to see how Crows pan out this year.

and how are both even remotely related to our current position? We aren't at the bottom end of the ladder for a prolonged period of time (Port) or had a two year drop off from the Top 4 to outside the Top 8 with our 3 most important players out of contract and player power taking over (Crows).

Maybe we could be like your "beloved" Hawks and stick by the current coach when people at the club were calling for his head after one game the year after losing a Grand Final (Kennett calling for Clarkson's sacking after a Round 1 loss to the Cats in 2013). Crazy idea I know:eek:

It hasnt been our first round draft selections.

Roos, tradeing and astute later round drafting, with solid internal development.

Not sure Longmire should be too closely linked there.

Credit to Eade but there was a ceiling there that is masked by our list strength, which wasnt for him quite as much. Most credit goes to Roos in my opinion. Longmire inherited a pretty decent list.

It can't be Longmire being an assistant coach at the Swans since 2000 having a major involvement across 2 coaches then being coach himself, can't ever be that:rolleyes:

Ok then if this is so simple who is available once we pay out the remaining two years on Longmire's contract?

If there is a better coach for the job available name them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back