News Sydney Swans to play 2016 finals (except any against GWS) at SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

What are our chances of meeting GWS? Does someone want to crunch the numbers?

It could happen if we stay first and they stay fifth and we lose our first final as then we would play them in the second week, not too sure of scenarios other than that.

Great idea, but I was just responding to another poster's question.

If one of Adelaide/Geelong/Hawthorn lose and they win this weekend then we'll play them in a qualifying final.

Could meet them in the second week if they remain 5th and we lose Week 1.

It could happen if we stay first and they stay fifth and we lose our first final as then we would play them in the second week, not too sure of scenarios other than that.

Hawks lose. Giants Win, Cats Win and Adelaide Win and Swans win.

Swans 1 vs GWS 4

Oh happy day.

Even more "delicious" given that our first 2016 final will likely be against Dork-thorn. If we beat the Tiggers this week.

I'd heard the SCG capacity was 55,000, but the online answer is 48,000

Get along Swannies supporters!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stupid stipulation about GWS. If we play the finals team with smallest membership we have to play them at ANZ. What the?

At this stage beggars can't be choosers so I'll take it happily. Here's to adding to the list of great SCG finals.

I think it is fair. I mean the AFL would force a GWS home game to Stadium Australia as we would not fit in spotless. Us having the same scenario, meh.... I reckon that ANZ stadium would probably just exceed the capacity of the SCG with good marketing and it would be amazing for AFL football.

Not to mention, with good marketing getting more kids into our academy ;)

Can't believe the complaints. "Of course the AFL helps their love-child Swans"

Yeah, I feel so blessed to have our home final at our home ground... **** me we're touched!!!

Its either that or hawks fans going ohh that suits us.

No hawthorn the umpire appointments are your key

How so? If all the favourites win tomorrow the final ladder would be

Swans 68
Geelong 68
Hawthorn 68
GWS 64
Adelaide 64
West Coast 64
W. Bulldogs 64
N. Melbourne 48

Edit: I'm an idiot who can't read.

How so? If all the favourite win tomorrow the final ladder would be

Swans 68
Geelong 68
Hawthorn 68
GWS 64
Adelaide 64
West Coast 64
W. Bulldogs 64
N. Melbourne 48

The AFL has pretty much said we would play at the SCG against any club other than the Giants. Against the Giants we would play at ANZ as the AFL presumably want Giants fans to be able to go as well.

The AFL has pretty much said we would play at the SCG against any club other than the Giants. Against the Giants we would play at ANZ as the AFL presumably want Giants fans to be able to go as well.
They have fans?

Well they have around 10,000 require game goers in Sydney, people that probably would not be able to go if the game was at the SCG. I do not agree with the reasoning but I think that is what the AFL is thinking.
Yeah it's stupid reasoning.

I guess that means if Gold Coast play Brisbane in the finals it will have to be at the Gabba

/takingthepiss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back