News Sydney Swans to play 2016 finals (except any against GWS) at SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know if it's already been mentioned but I would think there would be pretty similar numbers of Hawks supporters if they finished 4th compared to GWS supporters, making the move to the bigger stadium pointless.

I actually think a swans GWS final might actually do the unimaginable and breathe some life/atmosphere into ANZ stadium!

On a positive note....we finished first and everything that happens from here is within our control.

God I hope the AFL don't risk a spate of injuries by forcing us to play a game with a 24 hr turnaround from a League game.

Way to showcase our game.

This thread is reading like the Hawks board in 2012 when the AFL scheduled our prelim on the Friday night. Yeah, having to play at ANZ sucks, but that was the agreement in place at the start of the season and the club knew that this would be a possibility when they moved our home and away games to the SCG. There's nothing we can do about it now.

Supporters grinding teeth has little to do with how the club itself will prepare. Business as usual for Longmire and the boys.

There is a case for making enough noise to effect change, though. Seems to be working.

Let's face it, without the backlash and supporters turning their backs on ANZ we wouldn't even be playing any finals at the SCG.

This thread is reading like the Hawks board in 2012 when the AFL scheduled our prelim on the Friday night. Yeah, having to play at ANZ sucks, but that was the agreement in place at the start of the season and the club knew that this would be a possibility when they moved our home and away games to the SCG. There's nothing we can do about it now.

Trust you to remember a Hawks thread from 4 years ago!

Supporters grinding teeth has little to do with how the club itself will prepare. Business as usual for Longmire and the boys.

There is a case for making enough noise to effect change, though. Seems to be working.

Let's face it, without the backlash and supporters turning their backs on ANZ we wouldn't even be playing any finals at the SCG.

#peoplepower

My bad still annoyed at the situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know a lot about the hawks board!!

You know a lot about the hawks board!!

I confess to lurking, but not posting. When I did, I was not popular, so I will leave it at that.

But I stand by my original point, ANZ could be the worst ground on earth but we are good enough to win anywhere!

Great teams have to overcome setbacks such as these if they want to taste ultimate success.

I confess to lurking, but not posting. When I did, I was not popular, so I will leave it at that.

But I stand by my original point, ANZ could be the worst ground on earth but we are good enough to win anywhere!

Great teams have to overcome setbacks such as these if they want to taste ultimate success.

Its just the stupidity of the whole change bar one scenario

As far as actually playing who cares

We will win
Gws are not ready

Its just the stupidity of the whole change bar one scenario

True true, but that comment could apply to so many AFL decisions in recent years (not just those involving us) so I guess you could say I am kind of used to it :p

I am ropeable that the SCG is not a good enough ground to host a final. But calming down a bit, we are playing in Sydney and by getting GWS out of the way in the first week of the finals it means we are guaranteed an SCG Prelim if we win. That will be enough motivation for us and we are good enough to win anywhere.

True true, but that comment could apply to so many AFL decisions in recent years (not just those involving us) so I guess you could say I am kind of used to it :p

If we were ever going to have a board rule on a topic it should be get all the venue whinging out tonight then have a moratorium on the topic

Just my opinion

If we were ever going to have a board rule on a topic it should be get all the venue whinging out tonight then have a moratorium on the topic

Just my opinion

It's a good one, but I am reluctant to have moratoriums (or should that be moratoria) on topics without a good reason. I'd just go back to my trusty old favourite moving posts power to keep all the whinging to one thread. ;)

Bah. I'm done complaining. I was just posting in the washup of that disappointing 1 pt loss to the Pies. Must have gotten emotionally involved in the idea of 2 scg finals like the good old days..

ANZ will do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back