Game Day Sydney Swans vs Fremantle 12:30PM @ Metricon Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really hope they don't use Dawson down back to cover for Cunningham like last week. So much more damaging further up the field, like the the two weeks prior. Someone here mentioned the following in another thread a few days ago ... hope they use Florent instead. He's developed the McVeigh like feign with ball in hand like McVeigh used in his last few years so well down back. Think it's a more balanced team like that.

I don’t think the McLean sub is a huge deal and it’s a credit to our flexible lineup.

Reid goes down or Hickey, McLean comes in. Defender goes down, Reid goes back McLean plays ruck. Mid goes down, push Heeney, Hayward, Ronke whomever up the ground. Half back goes down move Florent back, someone to Singh, McLean to forward.

We have flexible players, it’s no biggie for me.

Losing against Hawthorn could cost us a position in the top 4. Teams trying to win a flag just should not be losing against a team like Hawrhorn.
It may have been the kick up the butt we needed to realise where we are really at, kicking off such great efforts in games since then. I just hope we get a good start from the get go today.

The only conclusion I can draw from McL being sub is that we’re worried about Reid breaking down.

Really odd choice.
Reid breaks down. Straight swap. Defender breaks down, switch Reid back and McLean forward. Midfielder goes down, presumably a small forward like Papley runs through the mids and we have an outrageously tall forward line. Hickey goes down and we are ****ed.

Reid breaks down. Straight swap. Defender breaks down, switch Reid back and McLean forward. Midfielder goes down, presumably a small forward like Papley runs through the mids and we have an outrageously tall forward line. Hickey goes down and we are f’ed.

Haha great minds

Reid breaks down. Straight swap. Defender breaks down, switch Reid back and McLean forward. Midfielder goes down, presumably a small forward like Papley runs through the mids and we have an outrageously tall forward line. Hickey goes down and we are f’ed.
remember Seaby? Talls should not be subs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

remember Seaby? Talls should not be subs

That was at a time when the lineups were 21+1 and the sub had to come on. I don’t think it’s comparable personally.

If McLean comes on we just shift players around as necessary, no big deal. Particularly given we don’t have that tallest lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back