Preview Sydney Swans vs Fremantle Dockers, Sunday 12:30pm @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reid was in close to career best form early in the season. Poor guy does not get injured by design. That all said I think he is playing for his career.

If he gets through the rest of the season and plays at the same standard, he is worth a one year extension on reduced bikkies.

Another injury or poor form and he should be up for trade/delisting.

Reid better go alright because Amartey has given us a bit of X factor and some really solid efforts. I'll be annoyed if Reid does nothing or gets injured. Sick of Reid getting favourable treatment.
How’s he getting favourable treatment? He’s the better, more experienced player. We’re looking at finals.

Now he may well get injured. So what? You want to take your best side into finals, fit and in form.

I’m wrapt with Amartey. I’m thrilled he’s been extended. For a 2021 tilt at the flag, Reid’s the man. If he falls over, I’m glad we have Amartey and McLean as backup.

Reid was in close to career best form early in the season. Poor guy does not get injured by design. That all said I think he is playing for his career.

If he gets through the rest of the season and plays at the same standard, he is worth a one year extension on reduced bikkies.

Another injury or poor form and he should be up for trade/delisting.

I have a feeling he might retire.

I am OK with Reid coming in this time as he was in very good form when he went down and, technically, did have to bide his time in the VFL. However I also think that with our depth as good as it is, particularly with the talls, and how quickly Horse has been willing to bring the axe down on (nearly)everyone who puts in a sub-par game, Reid needs to perform and straight away.

Potential banana skin game?

Off the back of their 11 goal loss against the Cats, I am confident we wont be complacent.

I am OK with Reid coming in this time as he was in very good form when he went down and, technically, did have to bide his time in the VFL. However I also think that with our depth as good as it is, particularly with the talls, and how quickly Horse has been willing to bring the axe down on (nearly)everyone who puts in a sub-par game, Reid needs to perform and straight away.

No he doesn’t. He needs to come in, play his role, get through the game unscathed, and work his way into form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let me put it another way. I'll go out on a limb and tip Gould will debut this week.

Perfect storm. Cunningham out. COR also in quarantine. He was getting close before he was suspended in the VFL. Coaches want to get a look and see if he's up to standard before the end of the year and give him AFL exposure in case we need cavalry with injuries. #justahunch

Be an interesting debut. He was runner in the reserves match a couple of weeks ago. I think he has an injury or something. The or something revolves around SARS COV 2 and all the s**t happening around that lol.

Be an interesting debut. He was runner in the reserves match a couple of weeks ago. I think he has an injury or something. The or something revolves around SARS COV 2 and all the sh*t happening around that lol.
He was the runner because he was suspended in the VFL

Be an interesting debut. He was runner in the reserves match a couple of weeks ago. I think he has an injury or something. The or something revolves around SARS COV 2 and all the sh*t happening around that lol.
Gould was suspended for a match. Not injured, but also not consistently good enough to warrant a debut.

Nat Fyfe had his own football last time, but he is now playing injured with that shoulder.

So too Rory Lobb, who marked everything last time, but he is struggling with ankle syndesmosis.

This one is at Metricon, that's a long road trip for the Dockers.

Swans by 20 points

Lobb won't play. But Taberner comes back. Fyfe had his own footy for 1.25 quarters. In that time Hewee should have moved to him but didn't and he virtually won the game off his own boot. terrible coaching not to at least move Kennedy off him when he was getting absolutely toweled up. They are missing key personnel. We are missing a couple as well, Millsy and Harry. Who comes in? With Amartey dropped it looks like either McLean or Reid will come in. But that is the only change. I would bring Ronke in or put Rowbottom as Medi-Sub. Mainly because Rowbottom is still only playing 50% of game time and Benny can play 100% if need be. what's more his pressure and tackling are very good. Move Heens to the midfield. Dawson, McInerney, Stephens on the wings. Ronke forward and moving between mids or wing to change up the personnel.

Lobb won't play. But Taberner comes back. Fyfe had his own footy for 1.25 quarters. In that time Hewee should have moved to him but didn't and he virtually won the game off his own boot. terrible coaching not to at least move Kennedy off him when he was getting absolutely toweled up. They are missing key personnel. We are missing a couple as well, Millsy and Harry. Who comes in? With Amartey dropped it looks like either McLean or Reid will come in. But that is the only change. I would bring Ronke in or put Rowbottom as Medi-Sub. Mainly because Rowbottom is still only playing 50% of game time and Benny can play 100% if need be. what's more his pressure and tackling are very good. Move Heens to the midfield. Dawson, McInerney, Stephens on the wings. Ronke forward and moving between mids or wing to change up the personnel.
Reid is already locked in for Amartey, he's named on field and that very rarely changes.

Rowbottom played close to 150% game time last week as he played a full ressies match the day before. So hopefully with a light week, good to go. For me, the only player I'd consider dropping is Bell, and it wouldn't be for Ronke. It'd be for McDonald or Taylor out of the alternatives on the extended bench. Both offer more and were in better reserves form last time we saw them.

Happy with Reid back, we were all surprised at his consistently good form early in the year, and it was a disappointment to all that he got injured again. If he can replicate that, then it is 100% better than the glimpses of Amartey showing his potential. Also, Amartey just signed on for 2 years, so there's plenty of opportunity for him later on.

I would like to see Ronke get a shot this week instead of Bell. Ronke's ceiling is 7 goals whilst Bells' best game is debated on invisible pressure acts. That in itself is reason why Bell shouldn't be best 22 and we'll go no where in finals with him

The coolest thing about the AFL app is it shows whether what they're doing is average versus below average and Bell's 11 pressure acts is below average

View attachment 1183449

In fact almost every stat for Bell is below average. The only stat which is above average is his tackles of 1. Everything else is below average to average.

I think we can improve from a below average player and I'll leave it at that
You do realize if Bell had 20 possessions someone else would have a lot less? He must play a role the coaches value or he would have been dropped weeks ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back