Game Day Sydney Swans vs Hawthorn 7:50pm SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping Bell comes good at senior level, though question the in. Taylor, Brand, Stephens or COR the players from reserves that you'd be bringing in based on form, there's shuffling that could have been done with Hewett or Fox with bringing in a defender if that's the way we'd gone. Bell has had a few good games, not as consistently good as these guys at that level. Brand and COR were unlucky to get dropped when they did.

Ling - based on reserves, no. COR actually in decent form and the better option (or Brand or debuting Gould). Sheather probably too early, though liking what he's doing.

Every week I see 'Yeah we've got this, Swans by 50' posts. Every week I shake my head. I'll be happy if we just keep winning and are 9-4. Bank the 4 points, have a break, get ready for a tough few weeks after the bye.

Last edited:

lol.. just saw Armstrong doing his sports update on the ABC.

He is a genuinely smart bloke who does his homework.

What was interesting was:
* his sidestep on figjam's last game as coach. Clearly Tony was schooled in the theory if you can't say something positive, then say nothing at all!
* his eyes literally sparkled on the Bloods v Dawks game when he said if we won we had a 97% chance of making the 8.

Todays game is similar to 2017 when we had to face hawks (also fri night?) for a top 4 spot, but this is to lock in top 8.

really hope the hawks dont manage to snag us again -.-

Hoping Bell comes good at senior level, though question the in. Taylor, Brand, Stephens or COR the players from reserves that you'd be bringing in based on form, there's shuffling that could have been done with Hewett or Fox with bringing in a defender if that's the way we'd gone. Bell has had a few good games, not as consistently good as these guys at that level. Brand and COR were unlucky to get dropped when they did.

Ling - based on reserves, no. COR actually in decent form and the better option (or Brand or debuting Gould). Sheather probably too early, though liking what he's doing.

Every week I see 'Yeah we've got this, Swans by 50' posts. Every week I shake my head. I'll be happy if we just keep winning and are 9-4. Bank the 4 points, have a break, get ready for a tough few weeks after the bye.
He will become the next Shai bolton.

Mother nature has come good.

Just got on the plane up from Melbourne. Will leave covid behind. No stress.
<happy dancing> and 🤗 for all my Victorian BF Bloods family.
Hope electricity is coming on soon for those without power since Wednesday night. :heart:

He will become the next Shai bolton.
I have my doubts, but as with any Swan I hope they become champions of the game. Why stop at Bolton. So many great phrases if Bell becomes a gun, wins us matches. Bell has rung, Bell tolls for <oppo>, saved by the Bell, warning Bell, with Bell on, <oppo> can't unring that Bell, Bell... on the whistle!

Physically he's ready, just hope we give him a specific role and he can stick with it mentally. Has looked a bit lost in seniors games, but that's always a risk playing younger players used to being key players at reserve level (similar to Stephens I reckon, though he has been more dominant).

Last edited:
Also while I'm in a charitable mood on Bell, here's his first goal. The shot in itself not amazing, but he helps give Dawson room in the middle, then you see him flashing through at the bottom of the screen and hey presto, he's in space in the F50. More of that. I mean, it was poor defending, but eh.

The coaches often reward intent and hard work over ability. Foote & Robinson are two which come to mind but also Hayward, McInerney, Florent, Wicks, Ronke, McLean and Dawson are some others. Willing to give Bell the benefit of the doubt, he shouldn't be the difference for the Hawks tonight though. Still expecting this to be a very close match

Agree with your point, though there's some interesting names you've selected there. I'd have thought all of Hayward, McInerney, Florent and Dawson have more ability than they do hard work (not saying any of them don't work hard enough.)

Agree with your point, though there's some interesting names you've selected there. I'd have thought all of Hayward, McInerney, Florent and Dawson have more ability than they do hard work (not saying any of them don't work hard enough.)
They absolutely have more ability, but they've all gotten into the team through their hard work. McCartin is another, there's been times when early in their career they could have been dropped due to lack of output but the coaching staff stuck with them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate we got this Swans by 50

I have my doubts, but as with any Swan I hope they become champions of the game. Why stop at Bolton. So many great phrases if Bell becomes a gun, wins us matches. Bell has rung, Bell tolls for <oppo>, saved by the Bell, warning Bell, with Bell on, <oppo> can't unring that Bell, Bell... on the whistle!

Physically he's ready, just hope we give him a specific role and he can stick with it mentally. Has looked a bit lost in seniors games, but that's always a risk playing younger players used to being key players at reserve level (similar to Stephens I reckon, though he has been more dominant).

Bell has a clanger.

Get In My Belly GIF - Belly Fat GIFs

Is James Bell the most discussed Bell in recent memory? Liberty Bell comes up a bit
I've actually seen both in person (less impressive for Sydney residents). Was at Bell's debut vs Port in 2019. Forgettable day. Bell didn't do a lot. Think we lost Sincs in the warmup and McLean got annihilated by Ryder and Ladhams. Horrible weather, surrounded by Port members (using a Port friends extra ticket). Good times. Looking forward to doing it again in 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back