Autopsy Sydney vs Fremantle. Things you learnt

Remove this Banner Ad

He got 3 weeks the rat
Bloody deserved it too.

He lined him up & has a history of going after blokes smsller than him & constantly playing reckless idiotic footy. The guy's lucky he's got Ross the boss (who loves him like a son for some reason) because I don't reckon another coach in the whole of Australia would want a piece of the unco hack on their lists.

3 weeks sounds right to me. I watched it a few times and I don't know what was going through his head. I know Lloyd fumbled it but Dawson doesn't even shape to tackle him and it wasn't even a proper bump either. He looked like he was going to bump straight into Lloyd's back (which is just as weak and a free kick any day of the week) but Lloyd spins and he just collects him high with as much grace as a rock slide. It's like Dawson's brain stopped providing directions half way through and he just runs towards Lloyd without any general purpose or care.

Our two top players yesterday for intercept possessions (11 each) were Mills and Aliir, future is bright! Big tick to our coaching and development staff that our younger, inexperienced guys are able to play with such confidence.

Our two top players yesterday for intercept possessions (11 each) were Mills and Aliir, future is bright! Big tick to our coaching and development staff that our younger, inexperienced guys are able to play with such confidence.
I gave Mills votes, he's a beauty

Tippett was being touted as one of the best rucks in the league up until his injury. He will share that load with Naismith if/when he returns.

I am not suggesting Naismith is better than Tippo in the ruck.
1. There is a reason that X & Ted have been playing forward, we need a marking forward.
2. Tippo has dodgy knees, won't be 100% rearing to go come finals and goes OK playing FF. ( by OK, I mean is a beast that very few backman can contain)
3. Sans Tippo our ruck options rest with Callum/Sam/Toby. Out of the 3, Callum and Toby are merely cannon fodder. Naismith can ruck, like actually ruck. Our mids are not used to our ruckman tapping the ball. When they work it out I reckon it will be damn good for us because there will be no need for them to play "stacks on" at the stoppages.

Brereton explained on radio today that Dawson was simply unlucky because there was "no way" he could have anticipated that Lloyd wouldn't turn sideways to protect himself.

Priceless.

Brereton explained on radio today that Dawson was simply unlucky because there was "no way" he could have anticipated that Lloyd wouldn't turn sideways to protect himself.

Priceless.

Lol bet he took 2 hours to explain this crazy crap

Has anyone else noticed that Naismith has no capacity to keep his feet in a ruck contest or is it just me. I mean he goes to ground quicker than a mole I swear.
No

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember him doing it right through that NT reserves match, its really noticeable to me.

Is that the one where you thought he was beaten and played an average game? Seems you may be slightly biased against big Sammy!

Felt like yesterday the team had a real determination to grind the crap out of a team and lock away top 4

That mindset for the last four games will be pivotal

I think we have 7 more wins to go in a row

Cmon boys

Has anyone else noticed that Naismith has no capacity to keep his feet in a ruck contest or is it just me. I mean he goes to ground quicker than a mole I swear.

Dunno, but he holds his marks thats the main thing

You like that moving power the best :p

I got my fix, so I'll sleep well tonight ;)

Agree with the post though, there was a resolve about the team yesterday I thought. I don't know how far we can go, but it has been great to see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back