Teenager claims she is pregnant after sex with St Kilda stars

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still haven't got over last year I see.:D

No assumptions around here.

Big Ted I agree hope the players involved have been tested for STD's..

They'll be right, a shot of penecillin. Shouldn't affect their football performance. ( Though we might get suspicious if they come off with O.P.)

The only issue here is, who leaked it to the media?

Someone from the school? The Department of Education? Or the Police?

The media were then extremely immoral in using a young girls dilemma and private sex life as leverage for an "AFL Schoolgirl Sex Scandal!"

They should have waited until the facts came out.

Those that have some idea about the law (upon reading these threads, a small percentage of us!) knew based on what was first released that it sounded perfectly legal, pending further information.

The media should have waited to see if there actually was any wrong doing before tarnishing the entire St Kilda playing list and making a circus of a young lady's private sex life and subsequent consequences. It took less than 24 hours for the whole story to come out.

Our media is an absolute disgrace. Will they ever be held accountable?

The media were then extremely immoral in using a young girls dilemma and private sex life as leverage for an "AFL Schoolgirl Sex Scandal!"

They should have waited until the facts came out.

Those that have some idea about the law (upon reading these threads, a small percentage of us!) knew based on what was first released that it sounded perfectly legal, pending further information.

The media should have waited to see if there actually was any wrong doing before tarnishing the entire St Kilda playing list and making a circus of a young lady's private sex life and subsequent consequences. It took less than 24 hours for the whole story to come out.

Our media is an absolute disgrace. Will they ever be held accountable?

Someone yesterday, claimed that they heard information from his friend's mum, who worked in a government department. ( I think social security or someone as well as the education department were informed )
When I thought about it, yes that would be the most likely place for it to leak.
What disgusts me is that I have heard things from a particular school, where the teachers have become aware of things happening at the school yard much much worse ( ie year 7 girls + senior boys ) which never see the light of day.

The other issuye is - why was this ever reported by the school (or Dept of Education) to the police - when it now transpires that NOTHING happened at the school.

Yet far worse things - unchecked bullying, physical assaults etc - that too frequently happen at many school get swept under the carpet.
Oh - thats right. They don't involve any AFL players!

... Our media is an absolute disgrace. Will they ever be held accountable?
Yes and no
Yes - they are a disgrace (in fact that point is probably worth a thread of its own.

No - they will not be held accountable, as they control how the majority of people receive their information (thank God for internet forums - but that only reaches a minority), and more importantly, they have political parties in fear of their powers - thanks to the concentration of the media into too few hands that's been allowed in this country (but which is highly illegal in the USA for instance). Thats another topic

The American, Rupert Murdoch and his company have more power in this country than you think - so no, they will not be held accountable (except on internet forums like this. The internet is the last bastion of free expression).

Anyway, the Australian media is a disgrace.

Keep the pants on, Im sure someone will PM you

What I want to know is how the father/son rule will be applied:confused:

If the baby turns out to be a good footballer, on the eve of the draft in his 18th year of birth, the AFL will call in officials from both sides and offer to cut the lad in to thirds, and give two portions to the Saints and one to the Pies. The team that declines the offer gets the player :D

The other issuye is - why was this ever reported by the school (or Dept of Education) to the police - when it now transpires that NOTHING happened at the school.

Yet far worse things - unchecked bullying, physical assaults etc - that too frequently happen at many school get swept under the carpet.

Yes and no
Yes - they are a disgrace (in fact that point is probably worth a thread of its own.

No - they will not be held accountable, as they control how the majority of people receive their information (thank God for internet forums - but that only reaches a minority), and more importantly, they have political parties in fear of their powers - thanks to the concentration of the media into too few hands that's been allowed in this country (but which is highly illegal in the USA for instance). Thats another topic

The American, Rupert Murdoch and his company have more power in this country than you think - so no, they will not be held accountable (except on internet forums like this. The internet is the last bastion of free expression).

I don't know if I have a problem with the principle. He may have felt that he had reasonable grounds for suspicion to warrant investigation, and followed procedures for who to contact.
The concern is that the investigation should have been confidential to protect the student concerned.
Somewhere in the system is an organisation that cannot be trusted to deal with the personal information of students.

I've heard of lots of worse things happening to/with students IN the school grounds that teachers know about which never see the light of day. Obviously privacy is very important when it comes to looking after the image of the goverment.

An investigation isn't necessarily a big deal. If a cop measures your speed with a radar gun you are being investigated. ( Headline... AFL PLAYER INVESTIGATED FOR SPEEDING , DRIVING DRUNK and UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF DRUGS ,Radar shows he was under the limit and random breathaliser showed that he had no alcohol or drugs in his system ).

If the baby turns out to be a good footballer, on the eve of the draft in his 18th year of birth, the AFL will call in officials from both sides and offer to cut the lad in to thirds, and give two portions to the Saints and one to the Pies. The team that declines the offer gets the player :D

Why dont Lenny Hayes and Nick Riewoldt go out partying more often goddamit.

If I were the players in question, then I'd be getting my knob swabbed very quickly .........

Who knows what they may of caught !
Their penecilin window was over a long time ago. By round 2 it would've been like pissing fish hooks backwards and u cant play footy with a dose. I'm sure their clubs doctor would be talking to them about more potentially serious stuff.

Players cant even have sly root these days without some journo hoping for an angle.

What i cant believe is some poindexters in here were even calling the age difference a moral crime. When i was 20, 22, 24 i was thinking of 17 as prime rib...and 18, 19 21, 23, 25, 28, 38, 48.
But hey...i was a sexual tyrannosaur . Still am of course :thumbsu:

YOU can't suggest who the players are.

These players have done nothing wrong. They have a right to privacy like any other person. If YOU name someone, whether it be the person/s involved or not, YOU can be sued.

The BigFooty moderators have tried to keep BigFooty's name unsullied, and in the process we are protecting YOU.

If the circumstances were different, say the club or the mass media have already named the player/s then the moderators would not be forced to delete all these posts

YOU can't suggest who the players are.

These players have done nothing wrong. They have a right to privacy like any other person. If YOU name someone, whether it be the person/s involved or not, YOU can be sued.

The BigFooty moderators have tried to keep BigFooty's name unsullied, and in the process we are protecting YOU.

If the circumstances were different, say the club or the mass media have already named the player/s then the moderators would not be forced to delete all these posts

I read this in Gandalf's voice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes and no

yep the media is a disgrace....too many of them - too few stories. lets start a thread that names and shames the worst journo's in the business, a reverse "top 50" that has the worst journo at # 1. and maybe add the article that made you think of them this way! not sure i can start my own thread yet or i would do it, just logged on here today.

How dumb do you have to be to have unprotected sex with a teenage girl? Let alone one you don't even know?

Serioulsy these guys deserve the attention just so everyone can see how dumb they are.

Yeah no young guy has ever got a teenage girl pregnant before, breaking new ground in dumbness.
Of course you would never be that dumb. Or that lucky. :rolleyes:

yep the media is a disgrace....too many of them - too few stories. lets start a thread that names and shames the worst journo's in the business, a reverse "top 50" that has the worst journo at # 1. and maybe add the article that made you think of them this way! not sure i can start my own thread yet or i would do it, just logged on here today.

We could help write headlines for them.

"PLAYER X TAKES DRUGS ... a prominent AFL player went to the chemist yesterday to get some anti-biotics for a viral infection.

PLAYER Y PREFERS LITTLE BOYS ....player admits that his favorite people in the whole world are his children.

The worst journalist I've seen lately is the tosser who cut and paste from this thread yesterday and tried to make an article out of it when the whole thing was stirred up by his worthless rag in the first place.

How dumb do you have to be to have unprotected sex with a teenage girl? Let alone one you don't even know?

Serioulsy these guys deserve the attention just so everyone can see how dumb they are.

How do we even know any of the AFL players in question are responsible for getting this girl pregnant?

Sounds like she gets around a bit so it could have been any number of people, including non AFL players. Until they do a paternity test then no one knows who is responsible.

I really can't understand why people are so desperate to find out who the players involved are, they have done nothing illegal and are entitled to privacy like everyone else. People here are worse than a bunch of gossipy women.

The biggest inaccuracy in this story is in the title - Aint's are struggling is those players are "stars"

Maybe that was part of the media blow out as well. Though the one with 70 games up is probably coming close.
He's starting to get pretty well respected everywhere except Collingwood ( who face it, don't respect anyone not wearing black and white ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back