List Mgmt. The 2017 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals Thread (cont. in Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies, I should have premised my post was made given that Lever is by all accounts going to leave Adelaide. The other interesting one at Adelaide who could be on the move is McGovern, although he looks likely to head home to WA.

I wonder if McCartin or Bruce from St Kilda are also on our radar? Would love either one and would happily trade away Reid and a pick to get it done

McGovern a product of Adelaide's offense. Would disappear playing for us. Slow.

Apologies, I should have premised my post was made given that Lever is by all accounts going to leave Adelaide. The other interesting one at Adelaide who could be on the move is McGovern, although he looks likely to head home to WA.

I wonder if McCartin or Bruce from St Kilda are also on our radar? Would love either one and would happily trade away Reid and a pick to get it done

Did you know Reid is about to sign an 800K deal whilst Bruce and McCartin are playing musical chairs for a 22 spot with both getting hammered by watchers of the game?

I am not so certain about this course of play

Also, Reid has much greater trade value than Lever. But I suppose the grass is always greener

Zero chance on McCartin. Will take over from Riewoldt when he retires. Bruce maybe but why bother don't we have better forwards already?

McGovern a product of Adelaide's offense. Would disappear playing for us. Slow.
I'd argue Jenkins is more a product of Adelaide's offence. McGovern has shown he can take a pack mark and hold down the forward 50. However doubtful he'll move anywhere but WA

Did you know Reid is about to sign an 800K deal whilst Bruce and McCartin are playing musical chairs for a 22 spot with both getting hammered by watchers of the game?

I am not so certain about this course of play

Also, Reid has much greater trade value than Lever
$800k for Reid is ludicrous. McCartin is a 20yo KPF and just needs continuity. I'd much rather $800k on McCartin than Reid if we are going to splash that kind of money out

800k for Reid is ludicrous. McCartin is a 20yo KPF and just needs continuity. I'd much rather $800k on McCartin than Reid if we are going to splash that kind of money out

Bare in mind the salary cap has gone up a LOT. 800k is probably the old 580-600k. Reid would probably get that on an open market.

$800k for Reid is ludicrous. McCartin is a 20yo KPF and just needs continuity. I'd much rather $800k on McCartin than Reid if we are going to splash that kind of money out

Whilst McCartin may prove to be an asset, he has key concerns over his forward pressure, concerns that most likely stop him from reaching anything near that pay packet.

Very comfortable to be securing Reid, I dare say he'll smoke McCartin over the next half decade and he's a swing man, winger and tackling machine

Whilst McCartin may prove to be an asset, he has key concerns over his forward pressure, concerns that most likely stop him from reaching anything near that pay packet.

Very comfortable to be securing Reid, I dare say he'll smoke McCartin over the next half decade and he's a swing man, winger and tackling machine

McCartin is also very one dimensional with him needing to basically be at full forward. Now don't get me wrong St Kilda had to take him- they needed a KPF, but I wouldn't necessarily want to trade for him.

Why?

A handy intercept #2 KPD that important to you?

Honestly and don't take this the wrong way- I see Lever as being potentially All Australian standard. I just feel his scope is a lot higher that is all.

I'm not a big fan of McCartin at all, reckon he will be one of those players his whole career we will be waiting to come good and will never get to the level expected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gut feel is that Jones stays and Reid goes. For every game this year in Melbourne Reid's parents have visited him at the hotel on game day and as have his friends, not that you read too much into it but seems to me Reid is more connected to life in Vic than Jones just based on those small outside factors.

Gut feel is that Jones stays and Reid goes. For every game this year in Melbourne Reid's parents have visited him at the hotel on game day and as have his friends, not that you read too much into it but seems to me Reid is more connected to life in Vic than Jones just based on those small outside factors.

This strikes me as odd given he's not even from Melbourne.

Just means it's a several hour trip for them from the Alpine region/Wangaratta too. Makes sense they'd make a travel occasion of it.

Are we sure they still live there?(I have no idea) They may have moved closer in to watch Ben play most weeks. I know Nick Riewoldt's parents moved in about 2008 09 to Melbourne from GC as some sort of reference point.

Or you could read it that Reid's family and friends are making the most of the times Reid visits Melbourne, as they know he will be staying in Sydney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back