List Mgmt. The 2017 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals Thread (cont. in Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Reid is really that much in demand that clubs are willing to actually pay him 750-800k a season then i hope the club lets him go i would gladly take band 1 compo for Reid.

Could at least offer those clubs a chance to view the Tippett model forward they could have for the same price

If Reid is really that much in demand that clubs are willing to actually pay him 750-800k a season then i hope the club lets him go i would gladly take band 1 compo for Reid.

Reid would look so much better if he got reasonable service from the midfield and if Longmire's first instinct when the Swans are not in control was to move Reid to defence.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Jones > Reid. As long as we sign Jones I'll be happy. Reid would be a bonus, but I don't want to get stuck in a bidding war for him. If he wants to stay in Sydney he needs to take a sensible offer. Otherwise take the compo and get a good young KPF. Might have to package our two first rounders together to trade up to a point we can get one though.

Ive been thinking along the same lines, but compo picks will change with the new salary cap as well. Might not get a first rounder for him, which is what id want to be honest if we were to let him go.

On CPH1607 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Word.

In my view one of Tippet or Reid should depart. I'd prefer the former. I'd trade him for a late 2nd rounder and agree to pay half his tab. If not Reid could go for an early 2nd rounder.
I agree but there's no way we would get a second round pick. Other teams know we have a salary cap squeeze and would offer us nothing knowing we'd take it just to clear our books. We'd be very lucky to get a third round pick for Tippett considering his age/form/injuries. I'd put my money on a forth round pick personally.

Love the way Allir Allir plays. Is he tradeable? If so what cost? Obviously on the outer with Horse and Leadership Group. Hard to see him staying?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coz he isn't brave enough and his tunnel ball skills aren't up to the brave dogs standard
No I meant why would he only got to the West? I think the way the umpiring is going this year that any team needs tunnel ballers, umpires paying dropping or throwing the ball is barely non-existent.

Do we have a crack at josh schache with the increase in salary cap? Sign Jones. Let Reid go as free agent and take the first round compo. Offer Tippett and the compo pick and take Schache?

Schache won't be leaving.

Anyhow, Tippett is of no use to Brisbane.
Literally zero.

They are mid rebuild not in the need of a top up in Tippett. They have Martin in the ruck who is great, and even if Schache leaves, they have Hipwood, Freeman, Close as well as potentially Brander with the #1 pick and Ballenden not soon after Brander in the draft from their academy.

Schache won't be leaving.

Anyhow, Tippett is of no use to Brisbane.
Literally zero.

They are mid rebuild not in the need of a top up in Tippett. They have Martin in the ruck who is great, and even if Schache leaves, they have Hipwood, Freeman, Close as well as potentially Brander with the #1 pick and Ballenden not soon after Brander in the draft from their academy.

Fair enough. My knowledge on Brisbane's list is pretty limited. I think whatever happens though we need to get a young KPF somehow. It may just be compo for Reid and trade both first round picks up far enough to get our hands on one in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back