The BEST team in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Who, in your opinion, is the best team in the AFL.
Injury-free, and not going by potential who is best team in the AFL? Lets not get into politics with s**t coaches, no money on resources, a disappointing backboard bla bla bla, just say who you think has the best to worst list as it is now, not what it CAN be in a year or two.

Give your opinion;

1; St Kilda - The most talented list in the AFL.
2; West Coast - The best midfield brigade, missing enough KPP to be #1.
3; Kangaroos - Have you had a closer look at their midfield and talls?
4; Geelong - Best defence in the AFL with a quality midfield.
5; Fremantle - Very even with Geelong with 4th and 5th.
6; Brisbane - Great list, not taking into account the potential.
7; Adelaide - Definitely a few worthwhile players on their list.
8; Demons - Disappointing season but injuries did ruin it.
9; Port Power - A couple of top star AFL players.
10; Swans - 10th, 11th and 12th are about the same. Not much.
11; Bulldogs - Absolutely no talls. Darcy and Grant aren't in their prime.
12; Bombers - Hird, Lloyd and Lucas are the only quality mature bodies.
13; Hawthorn - All their stars are young with plenty of upside to come.
14; Richmond - Other then Brown and Richo, they have nobody.
15; Magpies - We've probably got some of the worst 26yo + in the AFL.
16; Blues - Plenty of potential, but thats not what I'm looking for in this thread.

POTENTIAL;

If we were to go by potential from what we've seen from the 21-22yos and younger then Hawks, Port, Magpies, Lions, Demons and Tiges have probably close to the best batch of potential stars in the AFL, and it would be close to the order I've just put them in.

*The reason I didn't include the Blues is because I said, 'go by potential from what we've seen' and you can have 4-5 top draft picks, doesn't mean you have the best group of kids. I haven't seen as much from the Blues youngsters as I have from the ones I've pointed out above*
West Coast by a mile....
Top four after them (alphabetical Order)
Adelaide
Geelong
Port
Sydney
From this group this years Premier will come...

Next Rung
Bulldogs
Carlton
Freo
Hawthorn
Brisbane

Lower
Carlton
Collingwood
Essendon
North
Saints

Rubbish
Richmond
Melbourne

Those players you mentioned- Fletcher, Butler, Embley and even Hanson. If they are in your best 10 side then you have a serious problem.

I'm confused. Are you saying WCE have serious problems if the above players are in their best 10??

And am I still buying what? I said injury-free, if I said injuries included then you guys would all be making sense. But when you have an injury-free St Kilda, the likes of Dal Santo, Harvey, Ball, Hayes and Thompson in the midfield are spectacular. When Max and McGuire are fit and firing, their backline is close to unstoppable. When Rhiewolt, Kosi, Milne and Gehrig are on their game and fit, they have the most potent forward line in the AFL.

I think it is more you are all being ignorant because if you don't believe St Kilda aren't AT LEAST, up there, when fit, in the AFL, then you don't understand football and need information fed to you.

St Kilda have more then a few great players. They have, arguably, the best CHF in the game, arguably, the best FF in the game. One of the best crummers. A VERY powerful midfield, which we don't even need to speak of. Two of the best FBs in the AFL and plenty of other players to provide rebound out and run through the midfield. So obviously, since I've noticed this, I AM a genius, thank you.

Gee where do I start??

St. Kilda has a good midfield. And they are spectacular when they are all fit and playing well, but so are 15 other clubs. There isn't a side in the AFL at the moment that have a bad midfield. Even Richmond and Carlton have a decent midfield. Plus there midfield doesn't kick enough goals.

Their backline is good also. Close to unstoppable when they are fit and firing?? Um, no, not even close. Two of the best full-backs? They are well behind Glass, Scarlett, Rutten, Barry.

Their forward line is decent. Reiwoldt is a gun, but Milne is a dud and wouldn't get a game at alot of other AFL clubs, he was one of the best crummers in the game, not any more. Kosi is a good player but hasn't lived up to his potential due to injury. Gehrig doesn't play for them any more so no need to speak about him. They don't have the most potent forward line, the Sydney Swans do.

They don't a ruckman either. St Kilda's top 10 players are fantastic, the next 20 are nothing special.

1. Geelong
2. Port Adelaide
3. West Coast
4. Kangaroos
5. Hawthorn
6. Collingwood
7. Sydney
8. Adelaide

9. St Kilda
10. Brisbane
11. Fremantle
12. Essendon
13. Western Bulldogs
14. Melbourne
15. Carlton
16. Richmond

Thats what i reckon :D

lmao funny s**t

Gee where do I start??

St. Kilda has a good midfield. And they are spectacular when they are all fit and playing well, but so are 15 other clubs. There isn't a side in the AFL at the moment that have a bad midfield. Even Richmond and Carlton have a decent midfield. Plus there midfield doesn't kick enough goals.

Their backline is good also. Close to unstoppable when they are fit and firing?? Um, no, not even close. Two of the best full-backs? They are well behind Glass, Scarlett, Rutten, Barry.

Their forward line is decent. Reiwoldt is a gun, but Milne is a dud and wouldn't get a game at alot of other AFL clubs, he was one of the best crummers in the game, not any more. Kosi is a good player but hasn't lived up to his potential due to injury. Gehrig doesn't play for them any more so no need to speak about him. They don't have the most potent forward line, the Sydney Swans do.

They don't a ruckman either. St Kilda's top 10 players are fantastic, the next 20 are nothing special.

Well we differ in opinions, my opinion is that St Kilda, if not the best, has one of the best lists in the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back