The Charles Cameron Apology Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Went into this game saying to a mate, "I don't care if Charlie doesn't kick a goal, I don't care if he sprays goals tonight, I want him to lay 10-12 tackles and put pressure on"
3 minutes into the game........
Well done little Chaz, what a game, what a mark.

Charlie was bloody fantastic when it mattered. Dip my hat to you. Repeat that next week and you may not be the only number 23 that wins a norm smith.

Ahem.

Cameron stays in for mine, yes his disposal was poor last night but his intensity was right up, tackling pressure and speed were outstanding. That's infectious across the 22, and particularly valuable for finals footy.

I was a bit cross with him last night, but more positive in reflection. Some of his bursts of speed were scary good, and if he finished a little better we'd be talking about him as a finals X factor.

The intangible things he brings to the game far out weighs the negative things he still has to develop.

Never a chance to be dropped.

YKIMS and others ...
Just spotted this thread.

I spent a fair bit of the last 2 weeks calling for CC to be dropped based on poor recent form, but OMFG he turned it on last night.
I was especially impressed by his leap for those two speccy marks, and his game overall was terrific.
YKIMS in particular argued eloquently about his defensive pressure, which I did not think was enough, but by hell when you add it to his marking, run and carry and focus (last night), he's a star.
Just imagine if he played like that, week after week!

I've never been happier to be wrong and am really looking forward to his GF game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was the most un-Charlie-like game I've seen him play. I've criticised him for his goal kicking - last night it was exemplary. I've criticised him for his kicking in general, last night he barely missed a target. I've criticised him for rarely playing more than a one-quarter cameo, last night he put in a solid four quarter game.

Who kidnapped Charlie Cameron - and who is the player who was wearing the #23 last night?

Last night was easily the best game of Cameron's career. Forget about the Sydney final last year, even that was just a one-quarter cameo. This was a complete performance, probably the first time he's ever done so. This was his best game, and it's daylight second.

Well done Charlie - now go out there again next Saturday and show us that this wasn't a one-off fluke. Show us that you're not Geelong's entry in their equivalent of the Callum Chambers Club. This is the standard we expect of you - you've failed to deliver in the past, but now you've shown us what you're really capable of. We need to see this every week, not once every 100 games.

Not surprised to see the people who thought Charlie Cameron should be dropped arerhe same ones who wouldn't have played otten.
Cameron was and is always a star in the making. And he is in our team every week if fit.
Hope he stays. Seems to have a strong relationship with tex and Eddie. Hope the crows offer him something reasonable and he stays.
Fwiw after the event, I was dead wrong about calling for CC to be dropped :$. I hope CC stays as well.
Otten seemed to be the predictable IN for Gov, based on the facts that
1) Don brought Otten in for Gov last time and
2) Don always speaks highly of his flexibility.

Not surprised to see the people who thought Charlie Cameron should be dropped arerhe same ones who wouldn't have played otten.

Cameron was and is always a star in the making. And he is in our team every week if fit.

Hope he stays. Seems to have a strong relationship with tex and Eddie. Hope the crows offer him something reasonable and he stays.

But that's not quite right though is it?

What was really good to see last night was Cameron looking happy and enjoying himself. His body language was completely different to what we've seen for the last 3-4 months. It's incredible what a difference a positive mindset can make on a player's performance.

Don't think I owe him an apology. Never called for him to be dropped and actually suggested he stay in the Finals side because his ceiling is too good to ignore. I have spent the last few months saying he's playing like s**t but in fairness, he was.

But blimey, what a game and what a time to do it.

That was the most un-Charlie-like game I've seen him play. I've criticised him for his goal kicking - last night it was exemplary. I've criticised him for his kicking in general, last night he barely missed a target. I've criticised him for rarely playing more than a one-quarter cameo, last night he put in a solid four quarter game.

Who kidnapped Charlie Cameron - and who is the player who was wearing the #23 last night?

Last night was easily the best game of Cameron's career. Forget about the Sydney final last year, even that was just a one-quarter cameo. This was a complete performance, probably the first time he's ever done so. This was his best game, and it's daylight second.

Well done Charlie - now go out there again next Saturday and show us that this wasn't a one-off fluke. Show us that you're not Geelong's entry in their equivalent of the Callum Chambers Club. This is the standard we expect of you - you've failed to deliver in the past, but now you've shown us what you're really capable of. We need to see this every week, not once every 100 games.
Nobody plays that well every week. Not Danger not Dusty nobody!

Anyone could see he had all the tools lucky bf wasnt picking the team :)

Nobody plays that well every week. Not Danger not Dusty nobody!

Anyone could see he had all the tools lucky bf wasnt picking the team :)
I don't expect him to kick 5 goals and take Mark of the Year every week.

I do expect him to contribute for four quarters every week, not one quarter every four weeks (which is his usual standard). I do expect him to hit targets more often than not, which is also something he hasn't done regularly. He's finally shown that he is capable of doing this - so now I expect that this will be his new standard, not reverting to his previous (not good enough) standard of football.

Everyone knew he had all the tools - the problem was his inability to use more than 1 or 2 of them in any given game. Last night he put it all together, using all of his weapons with devastating effect. He has never done that before, at least not for a whole game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back