Houston - Aliir - R.Burton (Sinn)
Duursma - Wines - Amon (Bonner)
Rozee - Georgiades - R.Gray (Bergman)
T.Marshall - Dixon - Fantasia
Lycett - Boak - Butters (Drew)

I'll be very surprised to see what a few are mentioning in here for Round 1

- Sam Hayes in for Lycett
- DBJ and Lycett not in

I think you're almost on the money. I expect that Finlayson will play though, most likely ahead of Georgiades unless his groundball game has improved.

DBJ - McKenzie - Jonas
Houston - Aliir - R.Burton (Sinn)
Duursma - Wines - Amon (Bonner)
Rozee - Georgiades - R.Gray (Bergman)
T.Marshall - Dixon - Fantasia
Lycett - Boak - Butters (Drew)

I'll be very surprised to see what a few are mentioning in here for Round 1

- Sam Hayes in for Lycett
- DBJ and Lycett not in
Prefer Marshall , playing higher up where he can run at ball, turn and deliver to the forwards. Gray plays closer to goal these days, so prob swap Marshall and Gray.

Hayes has to get games next year it'll be interesting how they manage it.
He will. Lycetts loves a suspension or he will get injured and last resort like any ruck will need to be rested either for a full game or have the load taken by Hayes for part of the year

Also I'd say he's a good chance to get games if any of Marshall, Georgeiadis or Dixon miss. Also Port have shown they're happy to play those 3 with a 4th like Lycett aswell

I'd say Finlayson is last in line but he will fill up in some dominant port wins if he gets a game

I think you're almost on the money. I expect that Finlayson will play though, most likely ahead of Georgiades unless his groundball game has improved.
I think he will play too, but not for Georgiades who will play every game of fit. More likely a mid or half back drops out and we play the 4 talls like we did for a lot of last year.

Prefer Marshall , playing higher up where he can run at ball, turn and deliver to the forwards. Gray plays closer to goal these days, so prob swap Marshall and Gray.
Yeh not really placed on position too much. Forward 7 group, back 7 group, 5 onballers and 3 wingers. As too who's higher ect I havnt gone into that too much

Agree Robbie will stay pretty close to deep Dixon and the goal square this year

Absolutely love Mitch but he is certainly not in my first 12 selections.

There is pressure on all of our tall forward/rucks (Id argue MG plays as a tall even if a bit shorter).

Marshall, Dixon, MG, Hayes, Lycett, Finlayson. Not all will play every week and all need to work to get/keep their spot.

FF- Bergman Gio Bergman

CHF- Bergman Bergman Bergman

W- Bergman Drew Bergman

HB- Bergman allir Bergman

Fb- Bergman McKenzie Bergman

R- Hayes Boak butters

Interchange- rozee Amon wines Sinn.

Emergency- clurey needs to up his game looked a bit timid the other day.

FF- Bergman Gio Bergman

CHF- Bergman Bergman Bergman

W- Bergman Drew Bergman

HB- Bergman allir Bergman

Fb- Bergman McKenzie Bergman

R- Hayes Boak butters

Interchange- rozee Amon wines Sinn.

Emergency- clurey needs to up his game looked a bit timid the other day.
This is just silly.

We absolutely need Bergman on ball - start Boak and Butters on the bench and run a Bergman Hayes Bergman combo - that's a much better mix of inside talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh not really placed on position too much. Forward 7 group, back 7 group, 5 onballers and 3 wingers. As too who's higher ect I havnt gone into that too much

Agree Robbie will stay pretty close to deep Dixon and the goal square this year
Think Robbie will set up more goals with slick pick ups and give offs than finnish off the plays himself this year , Fantasia will feed off him
Yeah gray unfortunately is a bit of a liability close to goal now.

Once it was his strength, but now oppo coaches know that they can put a bigger slower player on him to nullify his body work / marking and they won’t get hurt by gray running off them. Isolating gray as a marking threat hasn’t worked in years

Where gray still has some magic is in congestion with his vision / 360 degree awareness and ability to create. He is able to create and start plays with clever touches.

Unfortunately he gets exposed in the midfield or half forward going the other way.

In the end you hope they don’t do too much damage, the rest of the team helps shut things down by playing their roles and that gray does more damage than his opponents.

But yeah I don’t see gray as a deep threat whatso ever anymore. A pinch hitter around contests in the forward half imo.

I reckon the first third of the year, they should prioritise:

Jones, Georgiades, Hayes, Marshall, Bergman, Drew, SPP and Sinn.

I don’t think we lose any more games playing these players. And shorter seasons for some of our ageing players isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

This 100%. + Mead and if he’s up to it Williams. Give Gray, Dixon, Motlop an extended preseason and shorter seasons Clark Keating at Brisbane barely played the first half of the year in their premiership seasons, didn’t do them any harm.

I reckon the first third of the year, they should prioritise:

Jones, Georgiades, Hayes, Marshall, Bergman, Drew, SPP and Sinn.

I don’t think we lose any more games playing these players. And shorter seasons for some of our ageing players isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
I would say Most of them are in our strongest team.

Jones- should be pushing to be in best team/if not in it already.
Bergman- is a starter.
Marshall?- up to him.
Georgiadis- ******* legend.
Hayes- (could possibly take over from Lycett depending on how he goes this year.)
Drew- is a starter.
Spp- same as Marshall... His choice if he wants to be an AFL footballer at port.
Sinn- well he's young... But a good preseason will see him get games early.

*We could keep going with this list.... Alot of talented players picking a team round 1 will be hard and good players will miss out.

FB: Jonas, McKenzie, jones
HB: Houston, Aliir, Burton
C: Amon, Wines, durrsma
HF: Rozee Marshall, motlop
FF: Georgiadies, Finlayson, gray
Fol: Lycett, Boak, Butters
Int: dbj, bonner, Sinn, Hayes
sub SPP/drew

injured Dixon, Fantasia, bergman

Burton McKenzie Jonas
Houston Allir Bonner
Amon Wines Duursma
Bergman Marshall Rozee
Butters Dixon Georgiades
Lycett, Drew Boak
Int. Gray , Fantasia , Hayes , S.P.P

Finlayson in for Dixon early

Prob one for media shakes head thread, but Adelaide Now has published this best 22 for us. SPP in big trouble if Boyd Woodcock is ahead of him...

PORT ADELAIDE

B: Tom Jonas, Tom Clurey, Darcy Byrne-Jones
HB: Dan Houston, Aliir Aliir, Ryan Burton
C: Xavier Duursma, Ollie Wines, Karl Amon
HF: Connor Rozee, Mitch Georgiades, Robbie Gray
F: Orazio Fantasia, Charlie Dixon, Steven Motlop
Foll: Scott Lycett, Travis Boak, Zak Butters
IC: Willem Drew, Lachie Jones, Miles Bergman, Riley Bonner
Sub: Todd Marshall
EMG: Martin Frederick, Boyd Woodcock, Sam Mayes
Unavailable due to long-term injury: Kane Farrell

Prob one for media shakes head thread, but Adelaide Now has published this best 22 for us. SPP in big trouble if Boyd Woodcock is ahead of him...

PORT ADELAIDE

I'd have Lienert on the wing :p

PORT ADELAIDE

No Finlayson, McKenzie, SPP. Marshall as a sub. 3 small (or play small) defenders on the bench. One ruck, Dixon presumably as only second. Well balanced, good looking team.

No Finlayson, McKenzie, SPP. Marshall as a sub. 3 small (or play small) defenders on the bench. One ruck, Dixon presumably as only second. Well balanced, good looking team.
Tom Clurey gets monstered by anyone with any size, that backline ain't getting the job done in finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back