The graveyard thread for endless off topic posturing on persons causing bi-polar responses

Remove this Banner Ad

S Burgoyne was a constant letdown at Port he couldn't shoulder responsibility often enough and was prone to go missing in the midfield when needed most and having said that made his only AA side with us, Hawthorn was the perfect fit coast off half-back with sporadic jilts in the middle in a star line-up under a great coach.. hero.

|
|
V

Premiership

I wasn't sure where to put this anecdote, but Hinkley certainly causes bi-polarity, so here will do.

Another uber story - the other day I picked up a guy who used to be an assistant coach with Hinkley. I'll leave it anonymous. There were other people in the back of the car, in conversation, so I engaged the coach in a bit of discussion. After he told me where he worked, I said you must have worked with Hinkley, and said I have significant doubts about him as our coach. I wasnt too pointed with my comments, because of the others in the car. Anyway I asked him what his view was of Ken as a coach. Specifically I said I have doubts about whether Ken is, for want of a better word, smart enough, to take us all the way. He said he thinks he is smart enough, but he's not sure how well he can handle the pressure of being a senior coach in the AFL. Given a few of Ken's antics at times, it lends a bit of creedence to his view. Anyway I was a bit heartened by the first comment, I just hope he's right. It goes counter to my gut feel.

Last edited:

He’s effectively locked away now for same period of time we wouldn’t commit to Polec, and is probably older and more injury prone.
Haha haha. * me dead.

He’s effectively locked away now for same period of time we wouldn’t commit to Polec, and is probably older and more injury prone.

As pleased as I am to have Jonas locked in until the end of '22 for all the reasons others have mentioned, this is a really good point. Jonas is nearly 2 years older than Polec. If brain fades count as a type of injury, yeah Jonas has had his injury issues.

Madness that people actually believe he would have stayed if we gave him a longer contract.

We can only take Polec at his word that the length of his contract played a significant role in making his decision. In a list that lacks skill, pace and players in Polec's age group, the question should be asked, why the * was Polec not even offered the 4 years.

Jonas epitomizes Port Adelaide though so its is good news to hear he will be a leader and key defender for us into the foreseeable future.

You forgot that he is also a better player and leader than Polec

Polec has never been as bad for us as Jonas was in, I think, 2016? I see Jonas as the sort of player whose form will completely evaporate when he hits Father Time. Hopefully that’s not before 2022.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Polec was openly telling team mates he was off to North Melbourne mid season. He was leaving no matter what. North paid him a premium of about 50% of what he is worth. Move on. Letting him walk was the correct decision.

So a player who was looking to have the best season possible, in a team sport, was letting all his teammates know he was pissing off alienating himself as much as possible???

Additionally Polec, who supposedly left for the money, said he was leaving Port for North no matter what, when Port were 11-4, before knowing what either team were going to offer him with any certainty???

Either Polec is one of the most dumb * operators in AFL sport, or this is unsubstantiated hearsay.

Polec is 100% money driven. Polec does what he's told by his other half.
North offered way more than what he is worth because they were desperate to land somebody. They didnt even do due diligence on his foot they were that desperate.
Polec is quite dumb and lazy.

I was told this by people who would know. You can choose to not believe it if you wish.

Polec has never been as bad for us as Jonas was in, I think, 2016? I see Jonas as the sort of player whose form will completely evaporate when he hits Father Time. Hopefully that’s not before 2022.

Yeah it's not like Polec has a history of injuries or anything.

Don't reckon I'd miss him (SPP) on current form.

Big year needed.

Alas this thread is about Toddly. He's right on the edge. Without injury and tragedy last year, he would be getting the recognition we know he's capable of.

He was seriously good early on. That Sydney game he was the difference.
I agree the kid is going to be star smooth mover with a lovely goal kicking action we really missed him when he was out.

Polec is 100% money driven. Polec does what he's told by his other half.
North offered way more than what he is worth because they were desperate to land somebody. They didnt even do due diligence on his foot they were that desperate.
Polec is quite dumb and lazy.

I was told this by people who would know. You can choose to not believe it if you wish.

So these people know that Polec seemingly has no redeeming qualities (he is dumb and lazy now) AND also have access to the inner sanctum of the Kangaroos recruiting department. If it's true I envy you your sources.

I do appreciate you giving me the latitude to choose whether or not to believe though. Ta.

"Trust but verify" ;)

Trengove and probably Impey wont be on an AFL list in 2 years.

Impey's a bit excessively maligned on here. I wasn't overly fussed at his departure, but would have been fine with him remaining at the club. I'd put him in the bracket of players like Gary Rohan or Ricky Henderson who can fit in to a decent side being very handy without really becoming top tier players which their attributes hint at. As with those players, he'll be round for a while.

Trengove, well it's pretty much make or break for him this year. As he was towards the end of his time with us, he's not best 22 at the Dogs with some good young defenders coming through and performing but highly valued off field so much so he's been installed into the leadership group. Wouldn't be shocked if he were to head down the coaching pathway come the end of the season.

Impey's a bit excessively maligned on here. I wasn't overly fussed at his departure, but would have been fine with him remaining at the club. I'd put him in the bracket of players like Gary Rohan or Ricky Henderson who can fit in to a decent side being very handy without really becoming top tier players which their attributes hint at. As with those players, he'll be round for a while.

Trengove, well it's pretty much make or break for him this year. As he was towards the end of his time with us, he's not best 22 at the Dogs with some good young defenders coming through and performing but highly valued off field so much so he's been installed into the leadership group. Wouldn't be shocked if he were to head down the coaching pathway come the end of the season.
RE: Impey.

I don't want players that are worst on ground in the SANFL vs wooden spooners and then 2 weeks later bottles AFL elim finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back