Universal Love The Kelly Gang

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Match day payments are reported as 5K in your first year and 7K in your second year. He played 23 matches this year, made 115K in match payments. Plus his initial 120K, makes it around $235K for the year.

Cry me a ******* river lol. Most people get paid 50-80K. Even some of the highest earning electricians only make 120K or so. He's making double that and she's still not happy and we still have to pay for her flights.

Tell me? What did she actually spend that extra 180K or so on this year? That part really pisses me off.

Thanks for that, I definitely undersold the match payments. That doesn't get him and her any extra sympathy does it?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It'll make her, and thus her family, want away from where the controversy and vilification is coming from - Victoria. Geelong don't come out any better from this, the situation dragging on only makes it worse. There is no upside for Geelong. Some one-eyed supporters may be looking for that upside, but it's just not there. What's transpired has longer term consequences for Geelong with their 'we'll trade you to Freo but not WC despite the similar offers'. Early on, WC were willing to trade 20+22 for Sydney's pick 13. That was rejected by Geelong. Sydney needed the points for academy players at the time, so they were ok with it. Towards the end, Geelong say they would've accepted Freo's 14+31. Geelong haven't been consistent. Geelong playing this game leads to relationship and reputation damage that is going to be felt in the coming years. Geelong don't come out better in the wash.

If that's what you want to make the issue about, that's up to you. Caitlin's issues with GFC run a bit deeper than that.

What similar offers? Two picks in the 20s are just that. Their points have no value other than father/son trading.

He made the top 25 in the Brownlow, in a midfield of Brownlow winners. He was just pipped at the club best and fairest by .5 of a vote.

And let me guess, you think we should give him away for two speculative picks in the 20s?

Why not give us say Brander? Because the Eagles and it's fans wanted their cake, and to eat it too. They weren't prepared to do any work to get his true value, even though we were quite transparent in our needs.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gee there no much comments here and on Facebook supporting her at all. Can't blame the people who aren't supporting her.. .

I'd love to see what Selwood and Hawkins who live and breathe for Geelong think of this article, as I wouldn't think they will be happy. Well I'm not, I wouldn't be happy if my wife came out and said about this with the company I work with, would rather it keep it personal. She definitely isn't winning any friends.
In a way I wish we traded him now.. Not happy at all

in theory she must be pissed off at both cubs
Geelong for not giving enough support
WC for not trading seriously, e.g Brander and picks

so next year better off going to Freo.

just hope something can be done here
she gets the support, somehow.As this can get ugly.

being young kids, she will need help raising them for maybe next 10 years
so I think Kelly will be back in WA next year.If Freo has a new coach, maybe them.

Having read the article, I think anyone having a go at Tim's missus needs to have a proper think about her circumstances. Read what she says and think about yourself being in that situation. It does sound bloody difficult and if she is depressed, I don't think a bunch of keyboard heroes kicking her when she's down is a great barometer of where we're at as a supporter-base.

With all that said, Tim or his management need to seriously consider their priorities and maybe be more transparent going forward. Unless they explain a justifiable reason behind denying a Freo trade, it's hard to take seriously that they care as deeply about the domestic situation as they claim. Likewise, if Tim's partner is legitimately struggling, Tim needs to seriously consider whether playing AFL is worth it, next year. 99% of us get by without an AFL player's wage and if his partner is at home struggling, possibly developing serious depression (while looking after very young children) then the option to go back to WA, play WAFL and/or work as an electrician is there. As someone noted earlier, there are ways forward from this situation but, from the outside looking in - and without Kelly or his management being clear - they have shut out every solution other than playing at West Coast, and they need to rethink whether that is wise and fair on everybody involved, most of all themselves.

I hope that everyone involved, from the club to the Kelly's to his management can work their way through this and reach a solution that pleases everyone. Some may say she's just a "Little Ms." looking for attention but it does sound as if she's struggling and while they may not be handling the situation as well as it could be handled, they are also in their early-20s and raising three very young children in an isolating situation. I would have struggled mightily with that at that age so I'm not going to judge them or pretend to know their motivations or what they're going through. I'd hope others would be the same. It's one thing to pot our players - they are in the public eye and their job demands a certain amount of scrutiny from their fans. As far as I'm concerned, potting their partners or family is a step too far, even if they are speaking about the club. Unless you know first-hand the partner is talking rubbish, you are spouting off with less info than you need.

Having read the article, I think anyone having a go at Tim's missus needs to have a proper think about her circumstances. Read what she says and think about yourself being in that situation. It does sound bloody difficult and if she is depressed, I don't think a bunch of keyboard heroes kicking her when she's down is a great barometer of where we're at as a supporter-base.

With all that said, Tim or his management need to seriously consider their priorities and maybe be more transparent going forward. Unless they explain a justifiable reason behind denying a Freo trade, it's hard to take seriously that they care as deeply about the domestic situation as they claim. Likewise, if Tim's partner is legitimately struggling, Tim needs to seriously consider whether playing AFL is worth it, next year. 99% of us get by without an AFL player's wage and if his partner is at home struggling, possibly developing serious depression (while looking after very young children) then the option to go back to WA, play WAFL and/or work as an electrician is there. As someone noted earlier, there are ways forward from this situation but, from the outside looking in - and without Kelly or his management being clear - they have shut out every solution other than playing at West Coast, and they need to rethink whether that is wise and fair on everybody involved, most of all themselves.

I hope that everyone involved, from the club to the Kelly's to his management can work their way through this and reach a solution that pleases everyone. Some may say she's just a "Little Ms." looking for attention but it does sound as if she's struggling and while they may not be handling the situation as well as it could be handled, they are also in their early-20s and raising three very young children in an isolating situation. I would have struggled mightily with that at that age so I'm not going to judge them or pretend to know their motivations or what they're going through. I'd hope others would be the same. It's one thing to pot our players - they are in the public eye and their job demands a certain amount of scrutiny from their fans. As far as I'm concerned, potting their partners or family is a step too far, even if they are speaking about the club. Unless you know first-hand the partner is talking rubbish, you are spouting off with less info than you need.
Lol they earned over 200K last year...hire a nanny or an au pair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol they earned over 200K last year...hire a nanny or an au pair.

Maybe they should. Maybe they have reasons they don't? My point is none of us know all the details and so are not in a position to judge or pot. My "job" as a Geelong supporter ends at scrutinising the way any of our players play. Scrutinising their family life and personal decisions is the domain of a tabloid junkie, gossiping idiot or a nasty person who feels fit to cast judgment despite relative ignorance.

Early on, WC were willing to trade 20+22 for Sydney's pick 13. That wasn't acceptable to Geelong. Yet Freo's pick 11 was deemed acceptable. This is Geelong dealing in bad faith.

Geelong speaking of WC needing a top 10 pick +, yet willing to trade to Freo for pick 11 is an inconsistent message, meaning Geelong were having a lend, playing games... the Kelly family issue be damned.
That's been refuted. Tom Harley himself came out and refuted it lol. Give it up. Adelaide were offering more, so of course they took it. There is literally not one article that confirms that actually happened. Fremantle did offer pick 11, that was confirmed.

Seriously mate, give up the conspiracy theories and move along. The only thing that is most likely correct, is that Geelong probably wanted to deal with Fremantle more, because they were sick of West Coast being in their player's ear all year. Along with his manager's conduct and the way they tried to force Geelong into releasing him, it would make sense that Geelong would rather deal with the party that had not behaved in this way.

They asked for a top 10 pick (pick 11 was pick 10 before compensation for Tom Lynch) and West Coast was not forthcoming. They asked for 20 + 22 and round 1 next year, and West Coast was not forthcoming again. After father/son picks and academy picks, those picks fell to 22 and 25, with 32-37 next year. That is not where we rated him.

Move on, or piss off. Either way, I don't care.

Maybe they should. Maybe they have reasons they don't? My point is none of us know all the details and so are not in a position to judge or pot. My "job" as a Geelong supporter ends at scrutinising the way any of our players play. Scrutinising their family life and personal decisions is the domain of a tabloid junkie, gossiping idiot or a nasty person who feels fit to cast judgment despite relative ignorance.

Lol. To be fair, she literally just came out and did a tabloid interview that had a go at the club. The club hasn't said a thing about her, her manager, or Tim Kelly.

Do you expect fans not to get annoyed when she's behaving like a spoilt brat? I don't know what her circumstances are, only the way she's behaved. I do know, however, that she has well over 200K and Geelong should not have to provide her with 'free flights' in order to appease her. That is the definition of entitled, and if she's going to slight our club, then she deserves some push-back.

Yep, agree with most of this but she has to speak to the club and get it sorted-going to the media is always fraught for all concerned.

Lol. To be fair, she literally just came out and did a tabloid interview that had a go at the club. The club hasn't said a thing about her, her manager, or Tim Kelly.

Do you expect fans not to get annoyed when she's behaving like a spoilt brat? I don't know what her circumstances are, only the way she's behaved. I do know, however, that she has well over 200K and Geelong should not have to provide her with 'free flights' in order to appease her. That is the definition of entitled, and if she's going to slight our club, then she deserves some push-back.

I said in my post that they may not be handling the situation the best but you know what? I've seen Geelong "supporters" calling her any number of names all year - maybe she spoke because she felt she needed to put her side of the story out there to counteract the abuse she cops from know-nothing know-it-alls who presume to speak wisely about the most intimate aspects of her life? Is it wise to speak publicly, given it will probably just result in more abuse from our "fans"? Probably not, but I can understand wanting to defend yourself or get your point across. I also think fans can get annoyed but those same fans should take the situations into account and maybe consider acting with tact and empathy rather than blowing all their vitriol and bile into their phone or computer screens. It's not that difficult to not abuse people - especially over something as ultimately trivial as AFL Football. And that's coming from someone who loves AFL enough to post here.

That's the one murky point from Tim's side. He would benefit from talking about a few issues. Those speaking for him have handled this entire situation both unprofessionally, emotionally, and at times... childlike.

Personally, I think members and supporters should get behind him, and allow the club to sort through the off-field concerns.
I've got no problem with Tim Kelly at all. In all honesty it's kind of odd that we see more quotes in the papers from his wife/girlfriend than we do from him. My instincts tell me that she's not getting very good advice from certain people around her... Tim's manager perhaps.

By staying silent he's condoning it.
Nah, that's not fair. For all we know he's not condoning it but he's not going to come out publicly and criticize his mrs or his manager. That's not the answer. The first thing that Tim needs to do is find a new manager and take it from there.

Nah, that's not fair. For all we know he's not condoning it but he's not going to come out publicly and criticize his mrs or his manager. That's not the answer. The first thing that Tim needs to do is find a new manager and take it from there.

If he doesn't agree with either of them he should grow the cahuna's to speak out and a) say they're incorrect, and b) put his true feelings forward.

He knows exactly what they're saying, and that they're painting his public face. He needs to tell both of them to shut up.... Unless he agrees with them

A major difference of a football club to a regular workplace is that in the regular world if you get multiple job offers it's not mandatory to go to the workplace that offered you a job first.

He could have stayed in WA and played for whatever he was on there, supplemented with his day job $. A workplace is a workplace. There was nothing mandatory about this decision at all, he either came to Geelong and followed the rules or didn't play AFL. Point being, people need to take responsibility for their own decisions. So often today people think they deserve additional privilege.

He makes 120,000 a year.

Is that his player salary? Add to that his match payments, it's probably closer to 150k. Although I did think he was on more than that..

When you consider real poor performers like Guthrie are on 400k or so, he's unbelievable bang for buck. Best in AFL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back