Prediction The lid

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, and we must remember that injury and poor form are just a kick away.

A lot can change quickly.
especially this season where there are so many teams in the hunt. Wouldn't want to be going to Sydney for the first final for example.

Nope.

Just need to be humble in victory, and gracious in defeat.

That'll set us apart.
Just shits me that when people think that enjoying success automatically means acting like Dawkthorn supporters. Use your common sense and and stay classy. Besides, there's plenty of Geelong posters here who act like douche's anyway.

Just shits me that when people think that enjoying success automatically means acting like Dawkthorn supporters. Use your common sense and and stay classy. Besides, there's plenty of Geelong posters here who act like douche's anyway.

In fairness I don't think GS was suggesting that. I read his comment as agreeing with you, whilst warning those so inclined not to go too far.

Agree with all you said though.

I was too young to remember 63 but in 67 I was heartbroken, to compound it my hero Polly left. I went through the dark days of the 70's and 80's until 89 when we were up against one of the greatest teams of all and I thought with our top 8 or so players, particularly number 5 we could steal it, we nearly did.

Heartbroken again in 92, 94 and 95, felt like we could have in 91 but for injuries and suspensions and again in 93 and again in 97 when the draw and umpiring went against us.

After building up in 04 and 05 we collapsed in 06. At the beginning of 07 we lost to Footscray and I thought "here we go again". I was just hoping we could make the finals. Round 11 we had to play in Adelaide for the second time in three weeks and we usually lose there. We had beaten Port there a fortnight earlier and were now second on the ladder I think. I thought we would probably lose against the Crows but no big deal things we going ok. We won. It was a great win and we went to the top of the ladder I thought "we can beat anyone, anywhere" suddenly a thought struck me, one word "premiership". "We can win the Premiership". I looked at the TV and saw the joy on the players as they hugged each other, trainers and coaches running onto the ground to congratulate a great win, I wondered "are they thinking what I'm thinking? Shut TFU!!!". I think it was around that time that Bomber mentioned "the lid".

I kept the lid on till Moons kicked the first goal of the third quarter and we were ten goals up and looking utterly awesome.

The following year we were even more awesome...and I confess...I took the lid off prematurely. I think it was round 16 or 17 when we beat our nearest opponent Hawthorn with a bunch of players missing including GAJ and Ling, I boasted "We are going back-to-back and nothing will stop us". Two months later was close to the worst day of my life.

Yes Officer...I promise...I won't do it again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't.

We have won the 2016 premiership so Hawthorn can suck it!
Years of torment finally washed down the drain.

Couldn't be any happier.

Shame I didn't have a spare 5k lying around because the $4.50 odds currently on offer would have been very useful around Christmas time.

Wow Bobby!!

The most confident and positive I've ever seen you! Hope it's rewarded :)

I don't.

We have won the 2016 premiership so Hawthorn can suck it!
Years of torment finally washed down the drain.

Couldn't be any happier.

Shame I didn't have a spare 5k lying around because the $4.50 odds currently on offer would have been very useful around Christmas time.
What the fudge!!!

Roberto, please don't tell me this is some kind of cruel piss take?!?

Now that turned around faster than the Millennium Falcon doing the Kessel run in under 12 Parsecs....

Go Catters

I think the lessons from last two seasons is that it is a very long season and you have to be playing well at the end.

Freo looked untouchable last year. I remember a powerful Sydney side destroying us by over a 100 points the year before.

Still early days.

Enjoy it for what is. Cats on the rise but i agree it a long way still to go.

Geelong are going great guns and what happens happens ( you need that that bit of luck )

Another flag would be fantastic ( apart from the GF defeats 89-94 - and they were against powerhouse/great teams ) Geelong supporters have had a great run because the club is allways up near the top

The flogging of Failscray on the weekend ( 57 points ) got me thinking - what the hell went wrong in 2010 - because Geelong beat the Scrays by over 100 points at Docklands in the 2nd half of the season - tore them to shreds - and they had a pretty good team Griffin Johnson Lake etc

The flogging of Failscray on the weekend ( 57 points ) got me thinking - what the hell went wrong in 2010 - because Geelong beat the Scrays by over 100 points at Docklands in the 2nd half of the season - tore them to shreds - and they had a pretty good team Griffin Johnson Lake etc

Internal discord (will Little Gaz go? And what's Mark Thompson doing about it?) may have played a part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back