Win Prizes The NBA Off-Season Thread 2018 (now includes pre season games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Um

Since being traded from the Boston Celtics, an injury-riddled Isaiah Thomas hasn’t been the same player. He struggled in 15 games with the Cleveland Cavaliers before getting traded to the Lakers. Yet, Isaiah Thomas would still rank himself ahead of the NBA’s best. In an appearance on Laugh Out Loud Network’s Cold as Balls with Kevin Hart, Thomas was asked to rank his top 5 point guards in the NBA. He said he’d put himself at No. 1, followed by Steph Curry, Russell Westbrook, John Wall and Damian Lillard. He’d eventually bump Wall off his list for Kyrie Irving. There’s nothing wrong with self confidence, but that list was just absurd. Even in Thomas’ best season (2016-17), he was a volume scorer

Um

Since being traded from the Boston Celtics, an injury-riddled Isaiah Thomas hasn’t been the same player. He struggled in 15 games with the Cleveland Cavaliers before getting traded to the Lakers. Yet, Isaiah Thomas would still rank himself ahead of the NBA’s best. In an appearance on Laugh Out Loud Network’s Cold as Balls with Kevin Hart, Thomas was asked to rank his top 5 point guards in the NBA. He said he’d put himself at No. 1, followed by Steph Curry, Russell Westbrook, John Wall and Damian Lillard. He’d eventually bump Wall off his list for Kyrie Irving. There’s nothing wrong with self confidence, but that list was just absurd. Even in Thomas’ best season (2016-17), he was a volume scorer

I clearly don't agree with him, but I have no problem with Thomas rating himself that high. We're only a year removed from him outscoring all of those guys, and playing on one of the best defensive squads in the league.
At that point IT would've been looking at a massive payday. Unfortunately the last 12 months have been shocking for him - partly health related (and clearly questions can be asked of his early return from injury in the playoffs) and partly from being exposed when required to actually play a more complete role than he did at the Celtics. Being basically dumped by 2 teams in 12 months is not a good look.

But he has to now bet the chips on himself at a time when the league doesn't see his value. He's been in this position before and done alright. Personally i don't see him getting anywhere near that Celtics form ever again and think he's more likely to fit into that Jamal Crawford role - but i don't have a problem with his confidence - he definitely needs it right now.

Its funny though I view him very differently to say a Melo. I think thats because IT had to work so hard initially to make that name for himself, so he knows what it means to be a role player (which hopefully he can do again), whereas Melo has been a star from day one.

One good year doesnt make the man. Curry has 3 championships and has won two MVPs and is probably the greatest shooter in the history of the game.

Calm down Isiah haha.

Obviously I'm not saying he's better than Curry.

But I have no issues with IT saying he's better. I'd be disappointed with him if he didn't.

I hate Westbrook, but he should think he's the best player in the game. He's wrong, but he should believe it.

Do you think teams should be giving up this season, because you know... GSW... GOAT team? Of course not. You don't make it to the NBA if you don't think you are better than you actually are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously I'm not saying he's better than Curry.

But I have no issues with IT saying he's better. I'd be disappointed with him if he didn't.

I hate Westbrook, but he should think he's the best player in the game. He's wrong, but he should believe it.

Do you think teams should be giving up this season, because you know... GSW... GOAT team? Of course not. You don't make it to the NBA if you don't think you are better than you actually are.
Yeah of course everyone is gonna rate themselves. But I think there is a large gap between guys like Westy and Curry to a bloke like Isiah. Westbrook and Curry would definitely think they are better than eachother. They are top shelf. Isiah is a real level below that so sure believe in yourself haha but surely deep down he knows he isnt on their level.

A former Pistons player:

.....Guess who revealed to a national television audience that he has slept with 341 women before and during his marriage to high school sweetheart name withheld.

I know what you're thinking. Kwame Brown.

This figure falls 19,659 shy of the number of women NBA legend and lifelong bachelor Wilt Chamberlain claimed to have bedded in his 1991 book “A View From Above,” but that was no consolation to name withheld

Hubie Brown is close to a multi-year contract extension with ESPN to continue with his color commentary duties.

Brown is 85 years old.

Brown last coached in the NBA in 2005 with the Memphis Grizzlies.

A multi year deal at age 85. Glorious.

Hubie Brown is close to a multi-year contract extension with ESPN to continue with his color commentary duties.

Brown is 85 years old.

Brown last coached in the NBA in 2005 with the Memphis Grizzlies.

A multi year deal at age 85. Glorious.
I love his crazy, old guy ramblings, I hope when he passes they cryogenically freeze him and just roll him out at playoff time!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back