Win Prizes The NBA Off-Season Thread 2018 (now includes pre season games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Fultz will be MVP once he’s worked with Chip the shooting coach.

I agree with everything though, I find it hard to see him getting to the Lakers with no picks to give. Think Boston probably offers the best deal with Jaylen Brown and the kings pick next year.

I doubt Boston or Philly are worried about a PG/OKC scenario. Both are big markets, both are ready to win. I think Kawhi and his camp are happy to stay long term.

It’s so strange with Kawhi. He was like an introverted Duncan, he seemed perfect for small market and for SAN Antonio. Baffles me that things have turned out like this. Would’ve bet my life he’d be a Spur for life.
Chip the shooting coach saw his stock plummet this year

Kawhi knows the Suns medical team are the only ones who can save him. We’ll package TJ Warren, Bender (Spurs love a Euro project) and some picks and it’s done. Let’s move it along

Why trade him where he wants, trade him to the suns or Kings etc and get a good pick

Or to the cavs for TT and Clarkson that’s value
He’s a free agent in 2019, so no team is going to ditch their top pick for a one year rental

He’s a free agent in 2019, so no team is going to ditch their top pick for a one year rental

True, but if I were say the Kings or the Magic or the hawks a year of a star might be better than nothing..

True, but if I were say the Kings or the Magic or the hawks a year of a star might be better than nothing..
I don’t think any GM is trading a Top 5 pick for a one year rental.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well kawhi Leonard has just asked for a trade here come the trades.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah there's a pretty significant risk attached for non Laker teams that want to trade for him when you know he only has a year left and he has a preference for wanting to be in L.A.

I think both Philly and Boston would be pretty confident of keeping him if they have a succesful 2019. Brown already has a relationship with him, and well Boston has Ainge and Stevens.
New York is the other place he might wanna stay, given that he has connections, and thats where he kept running when he was away from the Spurs. (Unfortunately, bar Porzingis, which isnt happening, they dont have the pieces).
There's also the option of the Clippers.

I think plenty of teams are interested enough that they are making offers.
We just have no idea what the value of those offers will be.

I think both Philly and Boston would be pretty confident of keeping him if they have a succesful 2019. Brown already has a relationship with him, and well Boston has Ainge and Stevens.
New York is the other place he might wanna stay, given that he has connections, and thats where he kept running when he was away from the Spurs. (Unfortunately, bar Porzingis, which isnt happening, they dont have the pieces).
There's also the option of the Clippers.

I think plenty of teams are interested enough that they are making offers.
We just have no idea what the value of those offers will be.
Anyone with the assets would be silly not to sniff around at the very least, it's rare someone of Kwahi's ability at his age becomes available but I'm not sure you can pull the trigger on it without some handshake agreement he's going to extend unless you're a team that's desperate for a star. I don't think Philly or Boston would feel the need to gamble and give up a bunch without an agreement since they're both already in a good place and if they don't get him it's not really a big deal.

Someone like Sacramento on the other hand.....

Unless Lonzo can get traded for a top 10 pick either this year or for a lottery bound team next season (attached with Ingram and/or Kuzma) I don't see a Kawhi to Lakers trade happening.

Mind you I think Lakers getting out from under LaVar is the key variable for them doing anything of note this summer.

Not even the kings? :p
Unless Lonzo can get traded for a top 10 pick either this year or for a lottery bound team next season (attached with Ingram and/or Kuzma) I don't see a Kawhi to Lakers trade happening.

Mind you I think Lakers getting out from under LaVar is the key variable for them doing anything of note this summer.

A third team would get involved to take Lonzo, as much as his father is a flog there's definitely a market for Lonzo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back