Win Prizes The NBA Off-Season Thread 2018 (now includes pre season games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Solid game plan is for the Warriors, Houston, Cavs, SAS etc to demand a workout from all the Top 10 projected picks. There might not be enough days in the lead up to actually attend all of them.

Then they get disqualified from the draft.

I like it.

Yeah because the league is in such a healthy state as it is.

Continues to set records for attendance - http://www.nba.com/article/2018/04/12/nba-breaks-attendance-record-fourth-straight-year

Teams valued at an all time high

Players being paid more than ever.

Continued record for income to the league (it's more than doubled in the last 5 years - https://www.statista.com/statistics/193467/total-league-revenue-of-the-nba-since-2005/)

Viewership near a peak despite all other sports having declines in recent years (https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/nba-ratings-1202752848/)

Should I go on?

You are grandpa Simpson aren't you?

I actually don't mind scaling the rookie contracts a bit more steep towards the number 1 pick. That might sway some of the guys in the draft to be picked earlier, as it's their first big pay check. Even if it's a lump sum payment. Maybe it won't make a big deal in the scheme of things.

I haven't really been following the draft at all, but I see that there are a lot of big guys expected to go early. I think 5 of the top 8 (projected) are either Centers of Power Forwards. They're all 6'10 and higher.

Is that just the way the talent is this year? The league has been moving away from the big man for years. Any reason there aren't more PG/SG/SFs expected to go higher?

I haven't really been following the draft at all, but I see that there are a lot of big guys expected to go early. I think 5 of the top 8 (projected) are either Centers of Power Forwards. They're all 6'10 and higher.

Is that just the way the talent is this year? The league has been moving away from the big man for years. Any reason there aren't more PG/SG/SFs expected to go higher?

The thing I've liked is watching the highlights reels of those players. Admittedly they're just isolated highlights, but they've focussed on their work inside the paint, not their ability to hit threes. I'd really like the next trend of the NBA to return to big guys outmuscling each other under the ring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buzzkill City.

That's another brutal break for Hornets fans, and I'ma guess blowing up the team is the only option at this point. (#FreeKemba?)

Just coincidence. Bigs drop off a cliff after that.

It actually is a pretty solid draft for wings and guards.

Wow they got even less than we did unloading Dwight. He must have some crazy sportsman version of narcissism. With us apparently he would always be talking the talk but never walked the walk himself. I imagine spending 200 days a year hearing that would be maddening.

Wow they got even less than we did unloading Dwight. He must have some crazy sportsman version of narcissism. With us apparently he would always be talking the talk but never walked the walk himself. I imagine spending 200 days a year hearing that would be maddening.

It's weird. I mean if you look at his stats and see that he gives you 17/13/2 while shooting 56% from the field, you'd think "There's an All Star", but he's not... he's worth Tim Mozgov and a couple of 2nd round picks.

Traded in washed up players in the last 5 or so years for the Nets is looking like a pretty solid team

Deron Williams
Pierce
Joe Johnson
Garnett
Howard
Carn son

The first 4 are hardly the same to Howard

And Deron was a legit all star candidate at the time

A few of the bigs have some pretty good perimeter skills as well.

Still nowhere near as bad as the clown that said neither Brown nor Tatum had much chance of ever being as good as Jimmy Butler.

Is the chip on your shoulder salt and vinegar flavoured?

Some people honestly got nothing better to do than troll.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Or support two teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back