Win Prizes The NBA Off-Season Thread 2018 (now includes pre season games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn I’m rostered on for the draft. Going to be interesting to see which team throws a spanner in the works.

Also why does autocorrect not recognise spanner and want to change it to spammer? * you autocorrect.

I feel like there are lots of opportunities to grab a good player but maybe only 1 opportunity to grab a franchise player.

Looks like ESPN have finally lifted their game on the coverage. Not having Wilbon on is already a 100% improvement. but now you've got Woj and Schmitz on the main coverage, and The Jump running alongside it on ESPN 2. Sounds like all the main outlets, including Yahoo aren't going to post picks on Twitter either (so no more Shams v Woj) but they'll still get leaked.

Broadcasts from SI, Yahoo, the Ringer...choices aplenty.

Have made it a quasi annual tradition for taking the day off for it. Never know if it'll live up to the billing, and be shocked if Kawhi gets traded, but def a bit of edge to it this year.

Give it a couple of years.

Slowly turning the Billy king s**t storm around with a series of astute moves
Id rather have howard than mozgov but yes not sure they should've give up that many picks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Looks like ESPN have finally lifted their game on the coverage. Not having Wilbon on is already a 100% improvement. but now you've got Woj and Schmitz on the main coverage, and The Jump running alongside it on ESPN 2. Sounds like all the main outlets, including Yahoo aren't going to post picks on Twitter either (so no more Shams v Woj) but they'll still get leaked.

Can you imagine 5 hours of Rachel Nicholls' whining screeching voice talking over the top of everyone? You'd want to kill yourself.

Can you imagine 5 hours of Rachel Nicholls' whining screeching voice talking over the top of everyone? You'd want to kill yourself.
She's one of the most respected journos in the game, The Jump has increased its viewership consistently since it premiered. But hey, continue to show your age.

She's one of the most respected journos in the game, The Jump has increased its viewership consistently since it premiered. But hey, continue to show your age.

Get stuffed idiot. I'm entitled to my opinion even it is so massively inferior to your tremendous intellect. Welcome to my ignore list w***er.

Are Stephen A Smith and Max never in the same studio because the studio would run out of oxygen or because they would kill each other

Or because no-one else can stand being in the same room as either of them?

Yeah, put me in the group that gives her a big tick.

I would much rather a commenter who is there on merit and tries to give an unbiased, balanced opinion, than some of the arrogant ones who shout their opinions like gospel, or even worse, ex-players who are only there because of their name, are not great speakers, and try to act like they have insider knowledge (even if that "knowledge" keeps changing - I swear, every time I hear Stephen Jackson talk about the Kawhi situation he completely contradicts himself)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, put me in the group that gives her a big tick.

I would much rather a commenter who is there on merit and tries to give an unbiased, balanced opinion, than some of the arrogant ones who shout their opinions like gospel, or even worse, ex-players who are only there because of their name, are not great speakers, and try to act like they have insider knowledge (even if that "knowledge" keeps changing - I swear, every time I hear Stephen Jackson talk about the Kawhi situation he completely contradicts himself)

Stephen Jackson is terrible.

He basically never gives a valid reason for why he thinks a certain way.

Max isn't too bad.

He's just on the wrong show.
Smith should only be opposed by someone who gives just as ridiculous arrogant statements (skip) - and they can just keep calling each other out.

Kellerman actually puts some thought into his views, and doesnt seem too fixed - i just think hes stuck trying to be skip 2.0 whilst keeping some credibility.

Last edited:
Howard getting bought out.

If his heads in the right place would be a brilliant piece for a contender. I would love him to just say F the haters and take the vet minimum to play a well defined role for a contender. Just show him tape of Clint Capela and say: Dwight - that is all we want from you. Play this role and suddenly you're getting everyone's respect back. (I actually think/hope from some of his recent interviews that he might be there now).
Imagine him as an upgrade for Javale or Baynes, or as the 5 in a Kawhi/LBJ/PG lineup - he should be good enough to cause massive matchup problems in the playoffs. (And if he's played out of the series its not a huge deal coz hes on the minimum and you have so many other options).

OR
He's like Melo and just expects to still be treated like an all star.

If his heads in the right place would be a brilliant piece for a contender. I would love him to just say F the haters and take the vet minimum to play a well defined role for a contender. Just show him tape of Clint Capela and say: Dwight - that is all we want from you. Play this role and suddenly you're getting everyone's respect back. (I actually think/hope from some of his recent interviews that he might be there now).
Imagine him as an upgrade for Javale or Baynes, or as the 5 in a Kawhi/LBJ/PG lineup - he should be good enough to cause massive matchup problems in the playoffs. (And if he's played out of the series its not a huge deal coz hes on the minimum and you have so many other options).

OR

Dwight to GSW

Dwight getting passed around more than syphilis.

OR

I'll take Option B thanks.

Could've played beta star in Houston, got the sulks.

Could've been a hometown hero in Atlanta, they ended up so sick of him they actually traded for Miles Plumlee's contract.

Could've restored his reputation in Charlotte, instead he has teammates as mild-mannered as Batum and Marvin Williams speaking ill of him.

I mean theoretically somewhere like Milwaukee or Washington should suit him. But you just know he's going to get in Antetokounmpo's way. Gotta wonder whether Mike Budenholzer GM is still enamoured with him, or whether Coach Budenholzer has overruled him at this point.

The Milwaukee Bucks are exploring trade scenarios using the No. 17 pick to unload the contract of Matthew Dellavedova.

Dellavedova is owed $19.2 million over the final two seasons on his deal.

But the Bucks are looking to trade down and not use a deal as an outright salary dump.

The Bucks signed Dellavedova in the 2016 offseason.

LeBron stays in Cleveland as the white prodigal son returns.

The Houston Rockets have received trade calls this offseason on the availability of Eric Gordon.

Gordon signed a four-year, $53 million deal with the Rockets in 2016 and has two seasons remaining. If the Rockets are to pursue a max free agent, they will likely need to move both Gordon and Ryan Anderson.

After several injury-plagued seasons with the New Orleans Pelicans, Gordon has been one of the NBA's most productive scorers off the bench.

I wonder if the Suns can get him cheap given we still have his heart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back