The Official 2013 NBA Finals Thread: San Antonio Spurs vs Miami Heat

Who takes home the Larry O'Brien trophy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just enjoying the replay... Not much more can be said about this series, two champions duking it out, could have gone either way all it took was one shot dropping in game 6.

I loved Le Bron getting his Jordan moment burying that jumper to put the game virtually out of reach.

Think this is the end of the road for this incarnation of the team despite b2b the streak and what have you, our flaws were there for all to see right through most of the playoffs but we still have a pretty decent big 2 to build around and go for that 3peat.

Heat fans are a bunch of dicks, everywhere. I was at a packed sports bar the whole game. Did not hear ANYTHING from Miami fans ... until there was 16 seconds left on the clock, and about 8 people suddenly started hollering and waving stuff in the air, and trying to rub it in.

Game 5 ... I went and there were 6 Heat fans in my vicinity. Two arrived after 1st Q. Left at half time and never returned. Two others were there for first half, then left and never returned. Two others acted like complete Moos, spilling beer on a little kid and denying it (when people saw it), shouting profanities, then left in the 4th Q while abusing everyone in the crowd and mocking their MVP chants for TP.

Stereotypes are one thing, but it's hard to have anything but hate for Miami and especially it's fans. I wish LeBron could have somehow stayed in Cleveland and they traded some better players in and he won it there.

Today the venue I've been watching the playoffs at had 500% more viewers there including squealing Spur fans who had come out of the woodwork, like OKC and Mavs fans the years before

Just enjoying the replay... Not much more can be said about this series, two champions duking it out, could have gone either way all it took was one shot dropping in game 6.

I loved Le Bron getting his Jordan moment burying that jumper to put the game virtually out of reach.

Think this is the end of the road for this incarnation of the team despite b2b the streak and what have you, our flaws were there for all to see right through most of the playoffs but we still have a pretty decent big 2 to build around and go for that 3peat.

I'll put my hand up and say I thought the Heat were going to dominate these playoffs. Especially after their season streak. I was wrong on that account. Even though they had an injury or two I was surprised at how vulnerable they looked at times. They could have easily gone down to Indiana! They definitely took the hard road and I give them a lot of credit.

mate as soon as i heard how many he scored i thought about you and this post!!!

well done, congrats. you have been present during the season and have become a valuable contributor.

Was always going to be 30+ just threw out a number and it landed

Thanks for your support in reassuring me we aren't that bad this season esp after game 6/Wizards losses etc

Today the venue I've been watching the playoffs at had 500% more viewers there including squealing Spur fans who had come out of the woodwork, like OKC and Mavs fans the years before

are fans coming out of the woodwork worse than bandwagon fans?

are fans coming out of the woodwork worse than bandwagon fans?

tumblr_inline_ml9vh6F9tg1qz4rgp.gif

Would smash Horrible Bosses that dude needed to go dat blackmail or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol yeah. The people who call Heat fans bandwaggoners are the same people who were passionately going for the Mavs in '11, passionately going for OKC in '12 and now passionately going for the Spurs in '13. Don't know who they will be going for next year, but we'll be with the Heat.

Lol yeah. The people who call Heat fans bandwaggoners are the same people who were passionately going for the Mavs in '11, passionately going for OKC in '12 and now passionately going for the Spurs in '13. Don't know who they will be going for next year, but we'll be with the Heat.
Probs because most despise the Heat, and their own team is outta contention.

So that's why they cheer on the OKC/Mavs/Spurs to beat your mob outta spite.

I wouldn't necessarily call it that.

I passionately (not necessarily on these forums) went for Mavs, OKC and Spurs in the respective finals series because I don't like the Heat and wanted them to lose. I'm sure there many more out there in the same boat as me.

Probs because most despise the Heat, and their own team is outta contention.

So that's why they cheer on the OKC/Mavs/Spurs to beat your mob outta spite.

I'm talking about the people that hardly watch any NBA during the year, bob up around the CF's/ finals each year when every game is on ESPN just to cheer against the Heat. Got several of those mates around.

Can't say I've found any of them. Everyone at work I have known that has talked to me about why I'm taking days off and I've mentioned I'm watching the finals that has an opinion (about 4) mentioned Miami or LeBron as who they want to win.

I've had to tell all four people who Miami were actually playing in the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back