The Official Bigfooty NBA week 3 thread - Hey Lue where are you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Stanley Johnson is low-key one of the biggest disappointments in the league IMO.

22 years old, former top-10 draft pick, has a starting role with plenty of gametime. Thought he'd be a much better player by now than he is. Spends way too much time trying to be something he's not, playing as a catch-and-shoot outside guy, and rarely uses his size and strength and athleticism to get to the line. How much of that is coaching/being shoe-horned into a role/offense that doesn't suit him, I'm not sure, but geez, he really just hasn't improved at all since being drafted.

Stanley Johnson is low-key one of the biggest disappointments in the league IMO.

22 years old, former top-10 draft pick, has a starting role with plenty of gametime. Thought he'd be a much better player by now than he is. Spends way too much time trying to be something he's not, playing as a catch-and-shoot outside guy, and rarely uses his size and strength and athleticism to get to the line. How much of that is coaching/being shoe-horned into a role/offense that doesn't suit him, I'm not sure, but geez, he really just hasn't improved at all since being drafted.
Playing alongside Reggie hackson doesn't help

Playing alongside Reggie hackson doesn't help

Does that make Johnson repeatedly take bad shots, though? Or is he just taking what he can get from his point guard? Why don't coaches address this?

I'm just surprised that through multiple coaches, and during his optimum window for improvement as a player, Johnson's shooting percentages and per-minute numbers have remained pretty much the same, and he hasn't changed or improved as a player at all.

Does that make Johnson repeatedly take bad shots, though? Or is he just taking what he can get from his point guard? Why don't coaches address this?

I'm just surprised that through multiple coaches, and during his optimum window for improvement as a player, Johnson's shooting percentages and per-minute numbers have remained pretty much the same, and he hasn't changed or improved as a player at all.
I don't think he is a bad player but I've watched a fair few piston games and think it's the system he plays in, as u said they play him as a spot up shooter which isn't his game and he tends to get the ball a lot with no time on the clock due to the pistons s**t ball movement

In my honest opinion I wouldn't let Reggie Jackson run the cairns taipans offense

I don't think he is a bad player but I've watched a fair few piston games and think it's the system he plays in, as u said they play him as a spot up shooter which isn't his game and he tends to get the ball a lot with no time on the clock due to the pistons s**t ball movement

In my honest opinion I wouldn't let Reggie Jackson run the cairns taipans offense
He sucked is SVG's system, and he sucks in Casey's. Can't shoot, had average athleticism and struggles to finish in the paint.

Can't blame Reggie either, he's struggled no matter what point guard has been there. Reggie has played a heap off ball this year as well (not defending Reggie, he's crap too).

Detroit has the worst wing rotation in the league.

Yeah him taking pull up 3's off the dribble.. crazy.
Just checked out his stats - 0.7 FTA per game this year! 1.3FTA for his career. That is crazy.

Not really seeing too many options out there that would take Wall.... Beal is the easier to trade and will get the better return.

I do agree you prefer to keep Beal, but whose taking Wall without you taking a tonne of salary in return

Lakers - Obvious candidates, yet won't want to pony up assets or take on salary into cap space for 2019
Charlotte - A Wall/Kemba based swap? The Hornets could get out of Batums deal in the deal
Wolves - Butler wants out, can they persuade him to go to the Wiz?
Rockets - If they are willing to pony up for Butler, they could be persuaded to go for Beal...
Miami - maybe they want out of Dragic
Philly - Fultz and contracts for Wall
Detroit - need to get rid of Reggie... and would happily take Wall (maybe?) but there'd need to be more to it

Apart from that... im struggling

Throw a panic Suns trade in there. Might be a panic trade from both sides if this continues,

C043B9AF-A72A-4AD5-83CA-1158506BE9D3.gif

Meanwhile the Suns send DeAnthony “Tabcorp Park” Melton to the G league and recall him after one game.

Kevin Love underwent successful surgery at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City, by Dr. Martin O’Malley, to address continued left foot symptoms.

This sounds like a hospital name by 6 yo’s would make up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Wizard's owner, who is also the owner of the Caps, decided to wander into the locker room before last game and show off the Caps' championship ring to try and inspire the team

Sorry bud. One league has some semblance of parity and a hard salary cap. The other one does not.

Kevin Love underwent successful surgery at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City, by Dr. Martin O’Malley, to address continued left foot symptoms.

This sounds like a hospital name by 6 yo’s would make up.

O'Malley is from Greys Hospital Seattle, made famous by Greys Anatomy

The 3 and D guys have turned into just 3 guys now. The 2nd tier wings who are drafted probably from 6-12 may as well forgot about trying to be the elite defender. Stanley's draft year was also the year coach Bud turned the DerMarre Carroll type from a token hard worker to a valuable commodity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back