The Official Bigfooty NBA week 3 thread - Hey Lue where are you?

Remove this Banner Ad

I use the mute button every time there's an ad break. The ads are insufferable. Same ads, over and over, sometimes 3 times in the same ad break. How's the half time breaks? After about 5 minutes of punishing ads, the go to the half time break where thesay 2 words, or show Shaq in a wig or something, then more ads. And what really annoys me is a close finish where they have time outs every 3 seconds. Why can't they just stay with the action so we can hear what the coaches are saying?

For those reasons I actually don't watch NBA on ESPN. Plus whenever I try to tune in it feels like 100% of the time I've tuned in when adds are on.

Houston atm...

giphy.gif

Houston atm...

giphy.gif

And they said Westbrook and Lebron had no help. Harden must be sitting there thinking wtf happened. Pringles is back to being a putrid coach, showed how much the assistants had to do with last year.

Wizards in a lot more trouble than Houston. Not just today but overall.

Feeling the second coach firing sooner rather than later.

Compared to expectations I'm not so sure.

Real word, I expect Houston to turn it around.

Wizards might just because of lol Eastern Conference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Porter contract just screwed them.

I don't think (at that money) any one is going to be interested in Wall anyway.

I think Beal is the only one who teams would be keen on, but he's also the one if I was the wizards I'd want to keep. To trade Porter they'd have to take on similarly bad contracts. They're screwed

Wizards in a lot more trouble than Houston. Not just today but overall.

Feeling the second coach firing sooner rather than later.

We’ve at least had the injuries/suspension excuse, although been down right s**t at the same time. Also a heap of new guys in the rotation.

Porter contract just screwed them.

I don't think (at that money) any one is going to be interested in Wall anyway.
They didn't have to match on Porter. Considering they also had a look at how stupid Brooklyn's offer sheet strategy was with Crabbe, and had a fairly good handle on what sort of player Porter was, and had Wall coming up for his post 30 contract extension, a few pretty non-subtle hints to blow it up and get some awesome assets for Wall there. Especially right before pretty loaded drafts.

They didn't have to match on Porter. Considering they also had a look at how stupid Brooklyn's offer sheet strategy was with Crabbe, and had a fairly good handle on what sort of player Porter was, and had Wall coming up for his post 30 contract extension, a few pretty non-subtle hints to blow it up and get some awesome assets for Wall there. Especially right before pretty loaded drafts.

Hindsights a wonderful thing

Its incredibly rare for a FO to blow up a playoff team

Add to that, would anyone in their right mind let EG preside over a rebuild.

Brooks will be lucky to make it past the weekend, like it or not, thats the easiest course of action.

Hindsights a wonderful thing

Add to that, would anyone in their right mind let EG preside over a rebuild.

Brooks will be lucky to make it past the weekend, like it or not, thats the easiest course of action.
Hindsight wasn't really required. They knew then that they weren't close to good enough.

They could have re-tooled the roster around Beal and achieved a fairly similar sort of result (bubble team in the east) without throwing away the next 3+ years on Wall and Porter.

Hindsight wasn't really required. They knew then that they weren't close to good enough.

They could have re-tooled the roster around Beal and achieved a fairly similar sort of result (bubble team in the east) without throwing away the next 3+ years on Wall and Porter.

Otto Porter can play, really rate him (in the right situation)

We went back to back.
We turfed Horford to bring in Dwight,
Then we turfed Milsap and Teague to bring in erm Plumlee.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back