The official Bigfooty NBA Week 4 thread (Get your edibles here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh and what about his total lack of offense?

I mean its fine to be first in Points Against, but if you're 3rd last in Points For its not really that useful.

FWIW the Magic have the 2nd best defence and they're 3-7

Ultimately the Jazz will be fine so long as he shares the court with enough spacing. They've ranked middle of the league for offence in the last few years despite inadequate spacing.

It matters far more whether your big can quarterback a half-court defence as opposed to being a low-post threat nowadays. Gobert's good in the pick and roll, and that's pretty much all he needs to be at the offensive end.

Ultimately the Jazz will be fine so long as he shares the court with enough spacing. They've ranked middle of the league for offence in the last few years despite inadequate spacing.

It matters far more whether your big can quarterback a half-court defence as opposed to being a low-post threat nowadays. Gobert's good in the pick and roll, and that's pretty much all he needs to be at the offensive end.

They've been middle of the road for Points For previous years, not 28th.
I know thats their style and with the team they have they want to slow it down, but its not as good as previous years.

Simply at this early point both ends of the floor have been less efficient.

I just dnt know why he is talked about in such high esteem. To me hes only slightly better than Whiteside.

Out of curiosity what are the odds of Kerr getting the axe and when?
Warriors to any fan that knows NBA was always mark jacksons team.

You cant get rid of the coach after losing his best 3 players for the season.
That and then resting the next best 2.

That said, I'm not totally ruling it out.

They've been middle of the road for Points For previous years, not 28th.
I know thats their style and with the team they have they want to slow it down, but its not as good as previous years.

They're ranked low this year because they're last in the league in turnovers committed and 29th for offensive rebounding. In layman's terms they're working with five less possessions per game.

On the other hand they're 11th for effective field goal %, and that's with Mike Conley and Joe Ingles struggling. Once they incorporate the new parts and the turnovers drop, they'll be fine.

Incidentally they've also already played the Clippers (x2), Lakers, Sixers and Bucks, all of whom figure to be among the better defensive teams in the league.

I just dnt know why he is talked about in such high esteem. To me hes only slightly better than Whiteside.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.

Gobert.png

I never want to play fantasy basketball again after my start to this season. Curry pick 1, Zach Collins gone one week in, Lowry balling and then now out and now OG Anunoby *s his face up.

I never want to play fantasy basketball again after my start to this season. Curry pick 1, Zach Collins gone one week in, Lowry balling and then now out and now OG Anunoby fu**s his face up.

I drafted Curry #1 too stupidly. Had giannis locked away until hte last day I did some mock drafts and there were no guards around at pick 20-21.

My current injury list:
Curry, Bagley, Lamb, Simmons, Ibaka

Wouldn’t mind if the cavs chased Ingram in the offseason in all honesty, not sure how many teams have cap space

Hornets, Griz & Hawks are some of the teams who will have money besides yourselves.

I'm particularly worried about the former two, as Ingram is from North Carolina and the Griz will 100% spend knowing they probably won't own their draft pick.

They're ranked low this year because they're last in the league in turnovers committed and 29th for offensive rebounding. In layman's terms they're working with five less possessions per game.

On the other hand they're 11th for effective field goal %, and that's with Mike Conley and Joe Ingles struggling. Once they incorporate the new parts and the turnovers drop, they'll be fine.

Incidentally they've also already played the Clippers (x2), Lakers, Sixers and Bucks, all of whom figure to be among the better defensive teams in the league.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.

View attachment 778068

Stats cna be misleading.

Although of course I bag his offence and he comes out like a madman today.

Stats cna be misleading.

Although of course I bag his offence and he comes out like a madman today.

Stats can be misleading if used incorrectly, or in small sample sizes. I don't think what I posted qualifies as either.

Rudy Gobert is rated highly for good reason, and you'd be in a minuscule minority by having him on a par with Whiteside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hornets, Griz & Hawks are some of the teams who will have money besides yourselves.

I'm particularly worried about the former two, as Ingram is from North Carolina and the Griz will 100% spend knowing they probably won't own their draft pick.

Yes please.
Does Batum's contract come off this year?

Oh * just read its a player option.

Batum player option for next year. Ouch.

Do have the following coming off though:

MKG: $13m
Biz: $17m
Marvin: $15m

Stats can be misleading if used incorrectly, or in small sample sizes. I don't think what I posted qualifies as either.

Rudy Gobert is rated highly for good reason, and you'd be in a minuscule minority by having him on a par with Whiteside.

I said only slightly better than Whiteside.

And nobody can be overrated if there weren't a bunch of people who believe hes that good in the first place..

You cant get rid of the coach after losing his best 3 players for the season.
That and then resting the next best 2.

That said, I'm not totally ruling it out.
I could've coached that team to 5 straight finals lol.

Yes please.
Does Batum's contract come off this year?

Oh fu** just read its a player option.

Batum player option for next year. Ouch.

Do have the following coming off though:

MKG: $13m
Biz: $17m
Marvin: $15m

You'll have upwards of $35 million cap space - plenty enough to nab Ingram. Jaylen Brown's salary for his first extension year is at $24 million.

I said only slightly better than Whiteside.

And nobody can be overrated if there weren't a bunch of people who believe hes that good in the first place..

That's fine, but you said (and I'm paraphrasing) that his bad offence cancels out his good defence.

The numbers just don't bear that out. If that were the case the Jazz would be a perennial 40 win team and Gobert would be a long term net neutral.

You'll have upwards of $35 million cap space - plenty enough to nab Ingram. Jaylen Brown's salary for his first extension year is at $24 million.

That's fine, but you said (and I'm paraphrasing) that his bad offence cancels out his good defence.

The numbers just don't bear that out. If that were the case the Jazz would be a perennial 40 win team and Gobert would be a long term net neutral.

I just meant as good as he is defensively he is that poor offensively.
Remembering the stat you quoted me is a team figure on points contribution.

I mean he could just not get used on offence at all and his numbers there still look good.

This just completely ignores how much he changed things when taking over from the imbecile that was Mark Jackson.

Pretty much this.

People forget that the Warriors jumped from the 12th ranked offence to the 1st/2nd ranked offence overnight, with the exact same pre-KD team.

I just meant as good as he is defensively he is that poor offensively.
Remembering the stat you quoted me is a team figure on points contribution.

I mean he could just not get used on offence at all and his numbers there still look good.

But he's not poor offensively.

He can't post up. He can't shoot.

But if he were poor offensively then his team would consistently be worse than the sum of their parts at the end of the floor... and yet they haven't been. That's why I posted his long term numbers, because after 400 odd games it's safe to say that he isn't an offensive liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back