The Official Week 24 'Vale Derrick Rose/The Rise of Richard Rubio' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I could watch Davis vs Jokic all day.

Wolves 24-21 in games they lead by double digits.

Have lost 11 games when leading by 15+ - the most by any team in two decades.

Interesting to know how many times they've had 15 point leads.

Minny's really not that far away.

31 wins doesn't look that impressive on the surface, but sometimes the record lies. You could see the same thing with the Dubs in 2012, the Blazers in 2013 and the Jazz last year.

An NBA quality bench and a little maturity will take them a long way.

I mean, it's mostly because of foul trouble, but we're playing Dieng and Towns together a lot less today. Baby steps.

Perfect world both Lavine and Dieng come off the bench. Perfect world though.

Minny's really not that far away.

31 wins doesn't look that impressive on the surface, but sometimes the record lies. You could see the same thing with the Dubs in 2012, the Blazers in 2013 and the Jazz last year.

An NBA quality bench and a little maturity will take them a long way.
The concern is that both Rush and Shabazz have been good contributors for us this year in areas of need yet we're almost certain to lose both. Rush can likely be replaced through FA but Bazz is a concern. Our bench doesn't score at the best of times - take him out and it is completely toothless. Add in LaVine and Dieng and it starts to look better...but how do we get the players that allow us to take them out of the starting lineup?

We really need some FA luck.

The concern is that both Rush and Shabazz have been good contributors for us this year in areas of need yet we're almost certain to lose both. Rush can likely be replaced through FA but Bazz is a concern. Our bench doesn't score at the best of times - take him out and it is completely toothless. Add in LaVine and Dieng and it starts to look better...but how do we get the players that allow us to take them out of the starting lineup?

We really need some FA luck.

You can find guys, but you need a little luck with the timing. If it's a seller's market, you may end up squeezed out or overpaying (oh hai Solomon)

Aaron Afflalo is the perfect example of a guy you don't want to be throwing money at in 2017.

Maurice Ndour leading the superteam in scoring.

Only in New York.

You can find guys, but you need a little luck with the timing. If it's a seller's market, you may end up squeezed out or overpaying (oh hai Solomon)

Aaron Afflalo is the perfect example of a guy you don't want to be throwing money at in 2017.
Yeah, I'm not really interested in throwing money at a wing to be honest. We have a need there but not enough to warrant splashing cash - and our draft position is looking like wing territory anyway.

I'd prefer to offer what we can for an Ibaka/Millsap/Gibson type, and if no luck there head to the bargain bin with wings/forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I'm not really interested in throwing money at a wing to be honest. We have a need there but not enough to warrant splashing cash - and our draft position is looking like wing territory anyway.

I'd prefer to offer what we can for an Ibaka/Millsap/Gibson type, and if no luck there head to the bargain bin with wings/forwards.
Throwing a bunch of money at Milsap seems best to me, Wolves really aren't that far off making a big jump in wins imo as is reflected in their ability to get huge leads and compete with the best teams, just need some better balance in the roster so don't think giving Milsap a bunch given his age would be a poor decision.

Throwing a bunch of money at Milsap seems best to me, Wolves really aren't that far off making a big jump in wins imo as is reflected in their ability to get huge leads and compete with the best teams, just need some better balance in the roster so don't think giving Milsap a bunch given his age would be a poor decision.
Couldn't agree more, he's perfect for us. Veteran, exceptional defender, scoring option without being ball dominant and a good passer. In terms of fit it doesn't get any better than that. The net positive of bringing him in is larger than just his output too when you consider it puts Dieng on the bench, reduces KAT's minutes and gets Aldrich even further away from the rotation.

The only sticking point being whether we can convince him. There's no way we'll be the only team willing to pay him.

Couldn't agree more, he's perfect for us. Veteran, exceptional defender, scoring option without being ball dominant and a good passer. In terms of fit it doesn't get any better than that. The net positive of bringing him in is larger than just his output too when you consider it puts Dieng on the bench, reduces KAT's minutes and gets Aldrich even further away from the rotation.

The only sticking point being whether we can convince him. There's no way we'll be the only team willing to pay him.
You'd def be competing for his signature, but I think Towns/Wiggins is a pretty decent selling point. Looking through http://hoopshype.com/salaries/ just briefly there isn't a ton of good teams with max space so it's not like there's a top contender in waiting that he's going to flock to (Boston does but not sure they want to become the Hawks of 2 years ago with Horford/Milsap). Then again, he might like it in Atlanta and just re-up there if they want him around.

Saw the scoreline thought rusty was sitting, was wrong. Feels like he hasn't had a stinker for a while then which probably confirms his mvp favorite status.

Every time i watch Boban play, he dominates. So the question is, why the hell does he hardly play?

He did have a 6'7 guy on him but he owned us when on the court with spurs even against Dwert/Capela last year. He's slow up and down but that's the only negative I've seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back