The Official Week 24 'Vale Derrick Rose/The Rise of Richard Rubio' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Tbf its not a particularly good bunch
To be fair Chriss and Bender are still teenagers. I'll give them a chance to drink legally before writing them off

Quieter in here than at a Rondo team welcoming party
rajon-rondo-playing-a-game-of-connect-four.jpg

Quieter in here than at a Rondo team welcoming party

Is it short term memory or is this the most boring end to a regular season ever?

Besides the MVP race there's nothing really interesting happening. Seems certain a warriors v cavs finals and you could lock in just about all the awards besides MVP which by the media narrative is probably locked up too.

We're having a good season and I've barely paid attention to our last few weeks as it's obvious we would finish 3.

Is it short term memory or is this the most boring end to a regular season ever?

Besides the MVP race there's nothing really interesting happening. Seems certain a warriors v cavs finals and you could lock in just about all the awards besides MVP which by the media narrative is probably locked up too.

We're having a good season and I've barely paid attention to our last few weeks as it's obvious we would finish 3.

Concur with this. It's up there with the year the spurs and knicks made the finals.

Sad as it is there aren't the big city teams like lakers in there to spice things up. Perhaps the romance of the spurs getting up could help

This has been an awesome reg season imo. Plenty of lols with the "super teams", tanking drama, historical individual seasons, the emergence of future stars including tons of young bigs coming out and seeing a resurgence in the big man. Been a lot to enjoy as far as following the whole thing, maybe a different view point from someone who doesn't follow a good team tho but I think it's been great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The last week or so is always a bit of a drag. The bottom seedings in the East is the only thing up for grabs, and they are so far behind the top 4 seeds they're all going to get bundled out pretty easily no matter how it finishes up.

You're probably feeling it more as the Rockets were always going to finish third since about the all-star break.

Awards every season are generally sorted out by now. So, that's no different.

You could argue the Cavs/Warriors match-up has been sorted out the last 3 years, so that's not really any different either.

I have a bit of interest, just to see how Durant goes blending in with the team, but I can see why most teams don't care anymore.

This has been an awesome reg season imo. Plenty of lols with the "super teams", tanking drama, historical individual seasons, the emergence of future stars including tons of young bigs coming out and seeing a resurgence in the big man. Been a lot to enjoy as far as following the whole thing, maybe a different view point from someone who doesn't follow a good team tho but I think it's been great.

I'm not complaining about the year! :D

You mentioned upcoming stars, and there are a few 2nd/3rd year players, but it's been one of the WOAT rookie years this year. Horrid.

I'm not complaining about the year! :D

You mentioned upcoming stars, and there are a few 2nd/3rd year players, but it's been one of the WOAT rookie years this year. Horrid.
Oh no doubt but meh that happens from time to time, like you said there's been plenty of 2nd/3rd year guys breaking out and I find that stuff really fun to follow.

Agree. The ridiculous Conference system doesn't help. Cavs knew that short of losing an entire team with season ending injuries, they would end up number 1 in the East. It has been so dull for most of the season. At least Westbrook and Harden have given us something to get interested in.

Agree. The ridiculous Conference system doesn't help. Cavs knew that short of losing an entire team with season ending injuries, they would end up number 1 in the East. It has been so dull for most of the season. At least Westbrook and Harden have given us something to get interested in.

Didnt they just have essentially a winner takes 1st seed game against Boston?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back