Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...-edition-part-2.1181682/page-39#post-53972641

Liking what I'm reading on the Weagles board with regards to the Lions... like seeing opposition discussion about our club even if not 100% true.

Looks like a lot lines up with comments on here as well, except for the draft ordering - very out of whack with the draft notes from the club's draft night which had Bailey and Starcevich 9 and 10, ahead of Allen and Brander - we were never taking Brander if he slid to us.

Interesting stuff re. Rockliff. Thought he and Redden were best friends?

And Worpel...wonder how he put that across in interviews? Was he blunt like the Port player or just tank the interviews?
His draft video was interesting. Think it was his Mum who said something like, “thank god you’re not moving”.

Thought I'd share this post by Chocco. What a blast from the past.

upload_2018-1-23_0-26-21.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-23_0-21-5.png
    upload_2018-1-23_0-21-5.png
    118.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Looks like a lot lines up with comments on here as well, except for the draft ordering - very out of whack with the draft notes from the club's draft night which had Bailey and Starcevich 9 and 10, ahead of Allen and Brander - we were never taking Brander if he slid to us.

Our draft board was made in the certain knowledge that we were taking Rayner at #1 (and I'd assume that quite often clubs who don't have pick one have boards that are somewhat more contingent than is generally assumed). So having chosen Rayner the priorities - and the desired risk profile - around who we take next, changes. Which is basically what the claim is - having decided to take Rayner, Allen sinks in the ratings. I do recall talk around here having been that our recruiters were very keen on Allen at one point.

Had we decided to take Brayshaw or LDU with pick one, then I'd imagine Allen climbs up our draft board a fair bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Showing my age, I know but I remember all those names.

Reynoldson, O'Keefe, Harris and Banfield were amongst my favourites back in the late 80's.

The Bears won their first two games in the (then) VFL in Season 1987.

Won convincingly against North at the MCG at night in Round 1 and then backed it up with a resounding win against the Cats at KP in Round 2.

Pity the wheels fell off after that though:(

Still, they were fun days.... the stunned amazement by the VFL establishment when they won those first 2 games.......the memories...............................:)

Last edited:
Looking forward to the return of Lyn. If they win what are the chances they make the top 4?

A question re the women's cricket - do they have different rules regarding what constitutes a six or is it the same as the men?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back