Moved Thread The Riewoldt cousins

Who is the better player ?

• Nick Riewoldt

• Jack Riewoldt

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick Riewoldt

- 232 games, 554 goals, 41 brownlow votes and counting
If he plays to 34 like Nick, and plays 22 games (doesnt take into account possible injuries or finals) he will finish on 334 games.
At his current career average of 2.4 goals a game, he would finish on 800 goals.
With a probable decline towards the end of his career he would most likely be VERY close to Nicks 718 and very possible to go above it.
Brownlow votes he will get no where close.

- 8x leading Richmond goal kicker (and counting)
- 2x Coleman medals
- 1x premiership player (And if he gets more that gives him a real edge on Nick)
- 2x AA
- 1X Best and fairest
- Vice captain in a premiership season

Half of that list is pretty useless. Most goals and games played at a certain stadium? Nice trivia but not worth anything more.
Ditto most marks in a season and international football selections.

So what happens if Jack finished with more games, more goals, 2v0 colemans and snags another flag or 2?
I would say it would be a legit discussion then.

Apparently it’s not, was just trying to start a friendly discussion, pretty new to bigfooty and ive just been shat on, will probably remove this thread

You're a quick learner. You'll do well. Polls don't do well on the main board.

Btw, big footy sucks. Everyone on here is a campaigner.

So what happens if Jack finished with more games, more goals, 2v0 colemans and snags another flag or 2?
I would say it would be a legit discussion then.

Sav Rocca kicked more goals than Wayne Carey. Which would you pick if you could choose one at the peak of their powers?

Stats aren't everything, especially just pure goal numbers. Premierships also mean little - history is littered with star players that due to circumstance never played in flag winning sides.

The fact you are trying to make it a debate just reflects your bias. And that's okay, but you should recognise that...

No it is not. Nick is so far ahead of Jack. You clearly aren't give Nick the respect he deserves if you think Jack is close to be the player Nick was.
Based on what? As a goal kicker they are even at best. Jack very well may edge Nick in total goals kicked when he finished his career + already has 2 colemans v Nicks 0.
Both have the exact same goals in a season high, Jack already has more 50+ goal seasons and currently a higher career average.

Different players that are built physically different means Nicks was the big forward that was a brilliant contested mark. Jacks smaller and doesnt have that same skill, but then is better when the ball hits the ground, better at pressuring and setting up teammates.

Nicks got the legendary leadership and courage. Jacks not even close to the same level with leadership, not many are, but hes a great leader.

What importance do you put on team success for individual players? Jack will finish with at least 1 flag and Nick finished on 0 that gives him an advantage there.

Nick the better player, not even close. Jack very under-rated though.

Who's career would you rather? That is a good question
Nick has much more individual plaudits, yet Jack won a flag and premiership vice captain...

Of course everyone wants flags, but Gary Ablett Snr has less flags than Steven Armstrong, Tony Lockett has less flags than Ashley Hansen etc etc.

In a comparison of players using flags won is folly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sav Rocca kicked more goals than Wayne Carey. Which would you pick if you could choose one at the peak of their powers?

Stats aren't everything, especially just pure goal numbers. Premierships also mean little - history is littered with star players that due to circumstance never played in flag winning sides.

The fact you are trying to make it a debate just reflects your bias. And that's okay, but you should recognise that...
Oh Im sorry bud, I shouldnt have come into a DISCUSSION thread comparing the players and tried to discuss it.
Im so very sorry that I said Nick was better but Jack could come close as his career finishes. Thats just so biased isnt it?

The fact that Im trying to debate it means I know what a discussion is. Do you? Doesnt seem like it. Dont reply if youre going act like a flog, thanks.

Oh Im sorry bud, I shouldnt have come into a DISCUSSION thread comparing the players and tried to discuss it.
Im so very sorry that I said Nick was better but Jack could come close as his career finishes. Thats just so biased isnt it?

The fact that Im trying to debate it means I know what a discussion is. Do you? Doesnt seem like it. Dont reply if youre going act like a flog, thanks.

Sometimes things aren't even a debate. And that's my opinion too.

Based on what? As a goal kicker they are even at best. Jack very well may edge Nick in total goals kicked when he finished his career + already has 2 colemans v Nicks 0.
Both have the exact same goals in a season high, Jack already has more 50+ goal seasons and currently a higher career average.

Different players that are built physically different means Nicks was the big forward that was a brilliant contested mark. Jacks smaller and doesnt have that same skill, but then is better when the ball hits the ground, better at pressuring and setting up teammates.

Nicks got the legendary leadership and courage. Jacks not even close to the same level with leadership, not many are, but hes a great leader.

What importance do you put on team success for individual players? Jack will finish with at least 1 flag and Nick finished on 0 that gives him an advantage there.
Who cares? This is about who was the better player Jack himself would be embarrassed by this thread. Jack should just be happy he can say Nick was his cousin.

Who cares? This is about who was the better player Jack himself would be embarrassed by this thread. Jack should just be happy he can say Nick was his cousin.
I know, bud. Thats literally what my comment was about. Read before replying next time, thanks.

The fact that you didnt reply to any points isnt a strong counter argument. Why are you in a discussion thread if you're just going to say 'no' instead of replying to the points? Just dont bother replying. Saves us both time.

they play different positions so the fact that their total goals may end up close is actually an indictment on jack.

nick is comprehensively better at every facet of the game.

Back