Event The S33 Sweet FA Players Association MVP -The beez Trophy - Starts at 7pm

Remove this Banner Ad

It's also when it finishes on my TV......

au memes GIF

I'd say Congratulations Headless but it was a pretty forgone conclusion before the season even started that you'd march straight in and grab the beez by his testicles, was it not?

He now has a head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi everybody. Headless here. You know - Headless from the anonymous online text-based football discussion forum bigfooty.com. 🤗

Sincere thanks to everybody for your tags, posts, and messages. This is a funny old place we've cultivated, but being voted as the winner of the beez Trophy in what I consider to be a special community (mostly :cautiousv1:) is very much appreciated. Thank you to everybody who voted.

Thank you also to NaturalDisaster for running the event last night, to Hate for the graphics and write-ups (including my one - very kind words), and to MWPP and TheInjuryFactory for the write-ups.

I have spent a very long time in this place - to varying degrees of activity - and countless people have made a positive impact on me and made me laugh. Thank you to each of you, and also to those with whom I have shared PMs across the years.

I hope serial_thrilla wins a beez Trophy, because serial's consistency at a high level in this award is perhaps unrivalled. Well done to serial and Kennedy Parker for excellent seasons.

Much love and thanks. :love: 🤗 🥳

EDIT: On the back of sante's wow react, a special thank you also to all Demons over the past 15 years or so, but especially our current group of wonderful, wonderful posters. A pleasure to post alongside. :gigglev1:

Last edited:
1639124143781-png.1295286

Welcome, everyone, to the countdown of the top 20 posters in the Sweet FA for Season 33. This will be the 15th beez Trophy, the award to recognise the best poster and contributor on the Sweet FA board throughout the course of the season. The award was started by Jack The Godfather in Season 15 and won by beez (hence the naming of the Trophy), it was not awarded in Season 16 or Seasons 19-21 before being revived by Hate in S22.

As was the case last season, the invitational voting system is designed to reward and encourage consistent engagement across the league over the entire course of the season. With the advice of the Committee representatives, 5 posters from each of the 12 clubs were sent invitations to produce a list of their top 20 posters in the league for Season 33. Self voting was not permitted (No one tried this, thankfully).

For the second consecutive season, we had 60/60 send votes for the beez medal.

Posters who were ranked 1 on a list were allocated 40 votes, 2 were allocated 37 and the votes decreased by 2 per rank until the 20th ranked poster is allocated 1 vote.

In total, 135 posters received votes in this seasons beez medal.
We will start tonight with the 20th overall ranked poster working our way up to the winner of the Season 33 beez Trophy. So crack open a beer (Or chilled, filtered water if your name is Headless), sit back and sing your praises or criticisms of those who made the top 20 tonight.

Thanks to Hate for assisting with graphics and write ups, thanks to Headless, MWPP & TheInjuryFactory for also assisting with the write ups.

Count down will start around 7.00pm.
And just to clarify when you say MVP this means what? Best player on field, off field, media, all encompassing?

Hi everybody. Headless here. You know - Headless from the anonymous online text-based football discussion forum bigfooty.com. 🤗

Sincere thanks to everybody for your tags, posts, and messages. This is a funny old place we've cultivated, but being voted as the winner of the beez Trophy in what I consider to be a special community (mostly :cautiousv1:) is very much appreciated. Thank you to everybody who voted.

Thank you also to NaturalDisaster for running the event last night, to Hate for the graphics and write-ups (including my one - very kind words), and to MWPP and TheInjuryFactory for the write-ups.

I have spent a very long time in this place - to varying degrees of activity - and countless people have made a positive impact on me and made me laugh. Thank you to each of you, and also to those with whom I have shared PMs across the years.

I hope serial_thrilla wins a beez Trophy, because serial's consistency at a high level in this award is perhaps unrivalled. Well done to serial and Kennedy Parker for excellent seasons.

Much love and thanks. :love: 🤗 🥳

EDIT: On the back of sante's wow react, a special thank you also to all Demons over the past 15 years or so, but especially our current group of wonderful, wonderful posters. A pleasure to post alongside. :gigglev1:
Congratulations Headless on your little award! I know this has been much sought after, so well done.

Clarkey

You've been here forever, I shouldn't have to answer this to you.
To this date, I've never had it answered. It would just be nice to know.

The AFL PA MVP is for any footballer who displays leadership, versatility, ability to play under pressure, skill and courage.

Is this what we base ours off?

It's a popularity contest Clarke
Friday GIF
What's the actual criterion? It seems a bit ridiculous that in the OP for the award there's actually no reference to what the award means.

It's fair to deduce it's a popularity contest and if so, just say it rather than this vague cloud of mystique.

What's the actual criterion? It seems a bit ridiculous that in the OP for the award there's actually no reference to what the award means.

It's fair to deduce it's a popularity contest and if so, just say it rather than this vague cloud of mystique.

Clarkey, you do this every season.

If you hate the beez, you don't have to engage with it.

Oh boy...

This is an online fantasy sports game Clarke, without a vague cloud of mystique it would just be a bunch of ones and zeros.

In this case the "ones" win a beez medal

And the zeros.... actually I wouldn't know what the zeros do. That's more of a "you" thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back