Event The S34 SFA Players Association MVP - The Beez - Trophy - 5PM AEDT start

Remove this Banner Ad

Well... this result will be about as a popular as a fart at a funeral. šŸ˜®

Thank you to everyone who voted and thanks KP for your kind words, I know how hard those come to you and your graphics are fine and dandy mate.

I just want to acknowledge Hate to be honest.

Really didn't expect to be trying to find the words for this but the sheer amount of tireless, thankless work that he puts into this place, largely unrewarded, is beyond important to this place and the amazing league we have to enjoy here.

After seasons and seasons of people tagging him, regularly for things they would be quite capable of finding themselves with just a hint of effort, and he's done it all with a smile and a quite servititude because of the love he has for the joint, he has finally given us a glimpse at just how much he digs through to give us information for the betterment of the comp.

I don'tt hink anyone could have imagined what he created with Sweet FA plus, we probably never even realised it was possible, but it just goes to show how much graft he has done, and continues to do in the background, and for that it's great to see he has been widely acknowledged in the voting, but this really should have been his in my humble opinion.

We don't deserve you Hate, you're a star and thank you for everyinthg you do for the league. šŸ™

Congratulations to everyone that polled and especially those recognised in the top 20, you've made a quite different season an enjoyable one.

I planned on making fun of your fart at a funeral comment, but after rereading ā€˜my response, it absolutely stunk!

Yeah agreed^ CursingFijian in particular was criminally underrated, I had him high
Also HM to Robertio who is also fun as both an opponent and a neutral
CF is a great poster, but watch out for Sun RA, heā€™s got a wicked sense of humour and loves to be up to his eyeballs in it!

CF is a great poster, but watch out for Sun RA, heā€™s got a wicked sense of humour and loves to be up to his eyeballs in it!
naked-mole-rat_2x1.jpg

Congratulations to all the winners tonight, cannot fault the top 3 place getters, all very deserving. You are the kind of people that keep this place worth being part of, kudos.

A special mention also to BLUEALLTHRU, CursingFijian and Kilroy who were the top 3 ranked Bombers tonight, looks like the SFA is finally starting to pay attention to the quality of our list.

You sure? You only got 1732 votes. Pretty s**t for a team with so many active players. I guess it really is quality over quantity

Congratulations to my dear friend, TheInjuryFactory, on becoming just the third player to win the Sweet F.A Players Association - beez Trophy on two occasions and making the Coney Island Warriors the 6th club to have one of its players win the award on multiple occasions! You had yet another season of outstanding contributions to our community and there is no doubt you deserve all the votes you got. Many of the words you offered up about myself are too kind but can be used for yourself. This result keeps you firmly in the fourth spot on the all-time ladder, which is indicative of your quality but is also very impressive after having polled in only 9 seasons. Hopefully, you never fade away from the league. It is a great pleasure to come second and be up there with you and my other good friends, Tigerturbulance, DenieD and Tonga Bob, who also deserve a lot of accolades.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to vote for me. To be this high up in an award I have had a great deal to do with over the last 13 seasons is rather special. Congratulations to everyone in the Top 10 and 20 most importantly. It is the posters that make the league tick. Even if you didn't get a vote or many votes, you are all still as much a part of the league. :thumbsu:

Well done to Kennedy Parker, MWPP and Grand Uncle Horace on their contributions to the night!
Best friends!

I have updated the page on Sweet F.A+ to include the Season 34 results and have applied the badge to the profile of TheInjuryFactory:

You sure? You only got 1732 votes. Pretty s**t for a team with so many active players. I guess it really is quality over quantity
Told you before my smooth brain friend, we arenā€™t here to be popular. We are here to be hated and this was another excellent result for Baghdad!

You sure? You only got 1732 votes. Pretty s**t for one a team with so many active players. I guess it really is quality over quantity
We have already punished those three for bringing great shame to the good name of the Baghdad Bombers with a blanket ban on both the Harem and Stables for an entire week. We are currently conducting a secret ballot to determine which one will be the Committee Rep next season in a lesson for all listed players to heed.

Once we figure out who voted for us, they will be dealt with in the same manner as the wayward qumpires who forget to evenly apply the rules to both sides of a qooty game.

This is not the end of the recriminations either, stay tuned.

Congratulations to my dear friend, TheInjuryFactory, on becoming just the third player to win the Sweet F.A Players Association - beez Trophy on two occasions and making the Coney Island Warriors the 6th club to have one of its players win the award on multiple occasions! You had yet another season of outstanding contributions to our community and there is no doubt you deserve all the votes you got. Many of the words you offered up about myself are too kind but can be used for yourself. This result keeps you firmly in the fourth spot on the all-time ladder, which is indicative of your quality but is also very impressive after having polled in only 9 seasons. Hopefully, you never fade away from the league. It is a great pleasure to come second and be up there with you and my other good friends, Tigerturbulance, DenieD and Tonga Bob, who also deserve a lot of accolades.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to vote for me. To be this high up in an award I have had a great deal to do with over the last 13 seasons is rather special. Congratulations to everyone in the Top 10 and 20 most importantly. It is the posters that make the league tick. Even if you didn't get a vote or many votes, you are all still as much a part of the league. :thumbsu:

Well done to Kennedy Parker, MWPP and Grand Uncle Horace on their contributions to the night!

Best friends!

I have updated the page on Sweet F.A+ to include the Season 34 results and have applied the badge to the profile of TheInjuryFactory:

I can't believe I'm still 2nd lmao

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A special mention also to @BLUEALLTHRU, @CursingFijian and @Kilroy who were the top 3 ranked Bombers tonight, looks like the SFA is finally starting to pay attention to the quality of our list.
A subtle shift in the way the Bombers engage reaps benefits, who would have thunk it?!! It's only been talked about for a dozen seasons. Osmosis in the SFA, never thought I'd see the day, especially in Baghdad.

A huge congratulations to my man TheInjuryFactory. Knowing how much effort goes in to a season of sustained excellence,to see you back it up season after season and reach the summit again is amazing. Enjoy.

I can only echo the words of TIF in relation to Hate. I gave Hate the full measure and voted TIF 2nd I think, it was a close count, and I think the top 2 were the right 2. I'll openly admit it took me a couple of seasons to genuinely understand exactly what Hate means to this community. I'm actually awestruck by you, you're amazing. You mean everything to this place mate, and the recognition you've received isn't enough.

Tigerturbulance and DenieD superb seasons.

A high quality first 4 indeed.

9, 90, 900, doesnā€™t matter. Same result
Imagine posting over 1000 times in a season for 29 votes in the beez. You're obviously well regarded ;). You talked a big rep for a while now, I'm just not seeing it. And it seems, the Sweet FA are of a similar mindset.

View attachment 1571447

Season Highlights:
  • Ross Lyon is back and coaching!
  • Best award ceremony presentation of Season 34
  • May be sitting in a kebab shop somewhere in Freo right now

Content:

The winner of the Season 34 Beez Trophy for MVP of the SFA, for the second time, is TheInjuryFactory !

"Genuinely shocked, didn't think I would ever win one to be honest." - TheInjuryFactory after winning the S29 Beez Trophy.

Well you're right TiF. Obviously someone with you talents would never win ONE Beez Trophy, you'd win multiple!

TheInjuryFactory is a bona fide ICON of the SFA. His Ross Lyon shoops would be instantly recognisable for anyone across the league and this is a man that never let's his standards drop when it comes to delivering quality content to the SFA. He's not just in it for his own glory either, he's always been generous in using his exemplary graphics skills to help others with their project and also helping out the league.

In Season 34, TIF has been on a mission. A mission to uphold the integrity of the competition and hold those in power to account.

His Sweet FA Hall of Shame thread names and shames the captains who do not adequately recognise the milestone games of their players. His 3 Things I Learned thread has basically become the new town square, he runs competitions like SpudCoach and dedicates his time and energy week after week to give others an activity to engage with. He's been calling out the Committee and Administrator for failures to respect deadlines.

On top of all of that, TIF's effort in producing quality, high production projects is excellently represented in his TIF Awards thread where he hands out a bonanza of awards for a variety of quirky reasons - I even got 2 for being a s**t pirate and a s**t admin. It took a power of work, attentiveness and care and the result is a huge event that many people enjoy.

Season after season, there is nobody who is likely more at the forefront of this league and relevant than this future Hall of Famer. He deservedly joins The Filth Wizard and JoshWoodenSpoon as the only multiple time Beez Trophy winners and does so on the back of yet another extraordinary season.

[As a sidenote, I did not ask him for his help on graphics this presentation because I did not want to spoil the result. Hence, I had a go at the graphics for this myself only for him to s**t on me. What a flog. Won't hold it against you TIF because you play for the Warriors and I do not so clearly I've got the last laugh there. :heart:]

Congratulations TIF, in celebration here are some complimentary kebabs.

beef-shish-kebab-recipe-2355653-Hero_02-b84e98d366214f8f86494e10aa066c10.jpg
A deserving winner.
I expect being credited for the graphics in my threads probably got him over the line.

Imagine posting over 1000 times in a season for 29 votes in the beez. You're obviously well regarded ;). You talked a big rep for a while now, I'm just not seeing it. And it seems, the Sweet FA are of a similar mindset.
And, despite my alleged insignificance, you still canā€™t help but comment about me.

Cranial occupation free of financial obligationā€¦

And, despite my alleged insignificance, you still canā€™t help but comment about me.

Cranial occupation free of financial obligationā€¦
You posted, you were right there. I'm too high on pain killers right now to go searching, it was put on a platter, don't flatter yourself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back