List Mgmt. The sign up Mclovin thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

If he goes, he goes. Not worth de-railing another season with contract speculation. Lever is the one we need.

Our forward line is stacked. If the WA clubs want him they'll probably need to pay a first rounder (presuming he has a break out year) which we can put towards a midfielder.

If he goes, he goes. Not worth de-railing another season with contract speculation. Lever is the one we need.

Our forward line is stacked. If the WA clubs want him they'll probably need to pay a first rounder (presuming he has a break out year) which we can put towards a midfielder.

McGovern is a far higher priority than Lever (IMHO, of course).

Likely gun tall forward with more tricks than most is always more important than a top quality but slow defender.

And I'd want more than just an average first rounder for McLovin.

McGovern is a far higher priority than Lever (IMHO, of course).

Likely gun tall forward with more tricks than most is always more important than a top quality but slow defender.

And I'd want more than just an average first rounder for McLovin.

Agreed, I love Lever but McGovern 100% more valuable as a player archetype.

I reckon McGovern will leave and we will receive an early second round pick in the trade.

But I'm usually wrong about list management things...
Well, that would be a disaster. He's worth a heap at his age and performance so far.

If he goes it's sad, but it's only a disaster if we get bent over for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon McGovern will leave and we will receive an early second round pick in the trade.

But I'm usually wrong about list management things...

I hope you're wrong.... but what you say feels so right.

This is a flag chance in the next few years on the line I reckon. He just makes that forward line complete, you can't match up on 3 gun key forwards. He leaves and we lose his enormous talent, Tex and JJ have better defenders on them and also flexibility to drop him back or in the mids.

Will only get better, and can see us getting shafted at the trade table considering his worth now but potential into the future. Reckon he'll be better than Gunston. Just needs to get involved a bit more, more accurate kicking too. Think that will come with experience.

If he hasn't signed by our last game i call for a city wide 'stacks on' on top of Mitch until he tells someone in his vicinity of the pile that he will stay. This has been an under utilised negotiation tactic in the AFL so far imo. We really have a long way to go as a sport.

My bigfooty new year's resolution was to not allow myself to be drawn in by re-signing threads... no really it was.*

And on that note, see you later suckers.:p

ignorance_is_bliss_matrix.gif

*Yes, I realise the irony of posting this in this thread.;)

Does outbidding Carlton for Eddie by a mere $50k a year count as winning a trade?

If not then what was the last one? I reckon getting Jenkins for a 10 pick downgrade (31 down to 41) would be well and truly one that worked in our favour.
Pick 10 for 14 from geelong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back