Event The Sweet FA Season 26 Mobbenfuhrer Medal Count - Ant Bear becomes dual Mobbs Medalist - result pg24

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 5 in ruckmen, some of the best and labour intensive media work of the season (the real kind not the whoring kind) probably his teams best quality poster all season and from what I gather the committee wanted him in. What am I missing here? How can someone of Brokens quality and contributions..in one of his best seasons..be overlooked? Are we really all about cheap spam and ‘mates’ these days?
Because apparently media had absolutely no baring whatsoever this season.

Same reason a certain media god was omitted from contention.

Because apparently media had absolutely no baring whatsoever this season.

Same reason a certain media god was omitted from contention.

Nothing against the bloke but Mooch out, Broken in seems exceptionally reasonable.

Based on both on field performance and off field contribution. Especially off field contributions.
Mooch played backline and Broken played midfield...

Mooch played backline and Broken played midfield...

Mooch played full forward for a start, and we had 4.5 full forwards in the side: BigJoeD_, okeydoke7, Mooch, Noobz0r and myself as the half as I moved around a bit. I'm saying 1 of 5 full forwards coming out for a ruckman is not unreasonable.

Mooch played full forward for a start, and we had 4.5 full forwards in the side: BigJoeD_, okeydoke7, Mooch, Noobz0r and myself as the half as I moved around a bit. I'm saying 1 of 5 full forwards coming out for a ruckman is not unreasonable.
Well really the Full Forward who pimped himself out for a midfielder role should be first to go ;)

Jokes aside the point you make here highlights one of the many problems with this years team. Only one ruckman, ruck rover, rover (or two at most) could make the team because there's only one spot at that position. Yet, as you've pointed out, many full forwards can make the team because there's 6 forward positions available - what about those loyal pocket and flanker players?

Well really the Full Forward who pimped himself out for a midfielder role should be first to go ;)

Jokes aside the point you make here highlights one of the many problems with this years team. Only one ruckman, ruck rover, rover (or two at most) could make the team because there's only one spot at that position. Yet, as you've pointed out, many full forwards can make the team because there's 6 forward positions available - what about those loyal pocket and flanker players?

I’ve said similar things on other issues in my short time here, and in some ways it’s actually part of the fabric of this place - which is the randomness of some of the results - on game day, in voting, awards etc.

This randomness creates conversation and discussion and debate etc - who should and shouldn’t be included, how should the squad and then team be structured etc ??? Which is exactly how it occurs in the AFL competition too. Gawn and/or Grundy ?? Midfielders resting on the flanks ? Or genuine small/mid sized forwards there ?

But ultimately, it’s up to people to either setup systems - how you get nominated, how the awards are given out, what are the criteria - or just accept this randomness in the results....

And when asked if I was okay with being moved from the prime location to a flank, I happily said yes.

Now we’ve all had a few days to digest the glory, how and why did Broken not make the All SFA team?

Because the current committee/admin is obsessed with now ensuring the all-SFA is positional in an attempt to avoid the previous arguments that happened when it wasn’t positional meanwhile being shortsighted on the fact argument and debate are going to happen no matter what.

Because the current committee/admin is obsessed with now ensuring the all-SFA is positional in an attempt to avoid the previous arguments that happened when it wasn’t positional meanwhile being shortsighted on the fact argument and debate are going to happen no matter what.
Long sentence!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, massive oversight from the admin to leave out Broken, sure someone else will always be pissed off but in a year he was added as an immortal and had the form on and off field to back him in it shouldn’t have been him.

Nothing against the bloke but Mooch out, Broken in seems exceptionally reasonable.

Based on what?
Yes, based on what? I kicked a s**t ton more goals than the next placed forward and earned my spot. I don't write media threads (I may have written 2 in history from memory) but so what? I am active (but not spammy) in match threads, ladder and stats threads and occasionally go beyond.

Yes, based on what? I kicked a s**t ton more goals than the next placed forward and earned my spot. I don't write media threads (I may have written 2 in history from memory) but so what? I am active (but not spammy) in match threads, ladder and stats threads and occasionally go beyond.

Deal with it Mooch. Yer yesterday's news wrapping up fish and chips.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back