The washup of the trade/draft period

Remove this Banner Ad

I regularly disagree with decisions made by the AFC however unlike some other posters I do not gain pleasure from our F-ups.
Do you honestly think some posters take pleasure from our * ups? Put it this way, each * up takes us further away from a flag, what brings more pleasure, a * up or a flag?

I think you are confusing frustration with joy.

I must be playing poker wrong. Didn't realise we traded cards with other players. I'll try that next time.

Poor analogy...
SOS usually asks for the leftover deck from GWS. ;)

Team A - 2018 Finished 12th, 2017 Finished 1st (Lost Grand Final), 2016 finished 5th. Currently has 3rd most experienced list profile. (Has made finals 4/5 years)

I've seen someone else also claim we've made the finals four years in a row prior to 2018 - not true. We've only qualified for finals 3 out of the past 6 seasons.

Saints looked all over the place and confused with trade offers coming through. Did the Crows knock back a swap of future 1st with the Saints, and their P36 for our P19 & 65?
Sounds like Reid was trying to steal an impossible trade there with that first offer of P19 for their future 1st! haha, either that or there was wires crossed

Saints looked all over the place and confused with trade offers coming through. Did the Crows knock back a swap of future 1st with the Saints, and their P36 for our P19 & 65?
Sounds like Reid was trying to steal an impossible trade there with that first offer of P19 for their future 1st! haha, either that or there was wires crossed
Sounded like the saints were confused too. Only Gags knew what he was thinking

Interesting that Caldwell was their main man after p4

That was great. Sounds like Saints offered 16 and a swap of future firsts to open negotiations, thinking we’d ask for 36 back in return.

When they came after 19, Reid offered 19 + 69 for a future first and 36. One of the Saints guys said it was “so far out of whack” (and it would have been daylight robbery if they agreed to it) but the guy making the call conceded that their first offer was the same. After the Carlton trade went through, it sounds like they had either offered the same thing or the same with 36 (which ended up being 41).

Our recording is going to be the most interesting.
Reidy putting the hard word on SOS to get the trade done.
Trying to fleece Saints at the same time.
GWS giving Carltons 2nd away
These are the ones we know about.
I would prefer we keep it secret & get another early 2nd rounder next year...

Do you honestly think some posters take pleasure from our **** ups? Put it this way, each **** up takes us further away from a flag, what brings more pleasure, a **** up or a flag?

I think you are confusing frustration with joy.
I certainly wasn’t referring to you. Some genuine Crows fans are considerably more critical of the club than me (e.g. youself, the many faces of Alex, Slippery Pete). Other regular posters are clearly Poort Trolls. The ones I find hard to take are the Tools and the Crazies. I have no doubt that they take some strange satisfaction when things turn to **** at West Lakes.

The Trolls, tools and crazies barely made a post through the 2017 finals series and then were posting 24/7 from half time onwards in the Grand Final.

Last edited:
Our recording is going to be the most interesting.
Reidy putting the hard word on SOS to get the trade done.
Trying to fleece Saints at the same time.
GWS giving Carltons 2nd away
These are the ones we know about.

We probably won't release ours because we don't want to release vision of us hoping the kids port took would still be available at our next pick. GWS released theirs because they got exactly who they wanted, Carlton released theirs to prove they rated Stoker at 6, St Kilda released theirs to show their supporters they were trying to do deals and not just sitting on their hands, also doesn't hurt to let the Victorian kid going to GWS know that you wanted him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I certainly wasn’t referring to you. Some genuine Crows fans are considerably more critical of the club than me (e.g. youself, the many faces of Alex, Slippery Pete). Other regular posters are clearly Poort Trolls. The ones I find hard to take are the Tools and the Crazies. I have no doubt that take some strange satisfaction when things turn to **** at West Lakes.

The Trolls, tools and crazies barely made a post through the 2017 finals series and then were posting 24/7 from half time in the Grand Final.

There are people in the world who would never admit it, but get genuine pleasure out of whining and complaining, they love football because it gives them something to whinge about, doesn't mean they want the club to fail but the majority of their enjoyment comes from complaining. This place seems to give quite a few of those people a 24/7 outlet for their guilty pleasure.

Ahh..St Kilda - they bit off their nose to spite their face didn't they. If they had been prepared to trade pick 4 during trade period and not been dicks about it, they may well have got pick 8 & 16 for it and then got Caldwell and Collier Dawkins - who both serve their immediate needs much better than max king does...Then during live trade they got done over in wheeling and dealing. Having said that it must have been a bit tempting to swap 2019 1sts and get their pick 36 for our 19 as they are still likely a bottom 6 club in 2019

Ahh..St Kilda - they bit off their nose to spite their face didn't they. If they had been prepared to trade pick 4 during trade period and not been dicks about it, they may well have got pick 8 & 16 for it and then got Caldwell and Collier Dawkins - who both serve their immediate needs much better than max king does...Then during live trade they got done over in wheeling and dealing. Having said that it must have been a bit tempting to swap 2019 1sts and get their pick 36 for our 19 as they are still likely a bottom 6 club in 2019
Which may explain why Reid was only offering them a crazy deal, when he knew he had a cooperative Carlton deal in the waiting.

Which may explain why Reid was only offering them a crazy deal, when he knew he had a cooperative Carlton deal in the waiting.
yeah - we are banking on that carlton pick being a top 3 pick. The St Kilda one may have been a pick 6 or 7 and it was a higher price to pay although getting their pick 36 in this draft may have allowed us to grab one other guy we may have still quite liked

Reid obviously watched 'Draft Day' the night before. StKilda looked a mess in there compared with Carlton.
Those assholes should have known we wanted the world when they refused to give us pick 4

yeah - we are banking on that carlton pick being a top 3 pick. The St Kilda one may have been a pick 6 or 7 and it was a higher price to pay although getting their pick 36 in this draft may have allowed us to grab one other guy we may have still quite liked

I expect both to be bottom 4 teams next year though

I certainly wasn’t referring to you. Some genuine Crows fans are considerably more critical of the club than me (e.g. youself, the many faces of Alex, Slippery Pete). Other regular posters are clearly Poort Trolls. The ones I find hard to take are the Tools and the Crazies. I have no doubt that they take some strange satisfaction when things turn to **** at West Lakes.

The Trolls, tools and crazies barely made a post through the 2017 finals series and then were posting 24/7 from half time onwards in the Grand Final.
I didn’t think you were but I don’t think there are Port trolls on here impersonating Crows supporters, if there is that requires a lot of dedication and is just weird.

What's the story with Reids phone being down ?
Maybe it overheated ?

They were having to phone Reid's mobile because the landline phone in the crows room was broken, Carlton mentioned it too in their video. Hopefully, it didn't stop a club from making an offer to us we would have taken.

There are people in the world who would never admit it, but get genuine pleasure out of whining and complaining, they love football because it gives them something to whinge about, doesn't mean they want the club to fail but the majority of their enjoyment comes from complaining. This place seems to give quite a few of those people a 24/7 outlet for their guilty pleasure.
Yeah....well I’m just pissed that Brad Crouch is peaking WAY too soon !!!....get him off the track before he hurts himself !!! .....who the hell is running this club ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back