The young Macedonian, Will Pucovski

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t he get concussed In The field as well?
He's had some weird ones. Copped one at short leg, and another where his bat got stuck in the ground and managed to flip over his bat.

And anybody who suggests it's because of his inability to play a short ball needs to get a clue. Marcus Harris has been badged significantly more over his career and has never suffered from concussion. Some people are simply more susceptible to it.

Yep, the main problem with Will is how vulnerable he has been to getting concussed. Even if he became the best at facing short bowling, he is still going to get hit occasionally. Even Root got badged by Stokes in the nets before the 1st test. Everyone gets hit there to some degree.

It's the main reason I don't think he will make it now. Hopefully the doctors can help a lot with it and I end up being wrong.

2 months until the 1st test on the Pakistan tour and he's only just returning to play and can't throw with his right shoulder yet, so we'd have to hide him in the field.

Bailey has said if he is fit he is a big chance of going to Pakistan.In premier cricket in Melbourne today his game is a late start due to heavy rain late yesterday in some Melbourne suburbs and Melbourne are bowling.It seems it will be a bowler friendly wicket.

I'm afraid he has reached the stage where the best thing for his own well-being is for him to retire or at least consider doing so.

It's a terribly unfortunate situation as he was such a promising prospect.

Last edited:
I'm afraid he has reached the stage where it the best thing for his own well-being is for him to retire or at least consider doing so.

It's a terribly unfortunate situation as he was such a promising prospect.
I was about to post the same thing. There is clearly an issue that is getting him a little bit spooked. And that little bit is all it can take.

He needs to retire and Oz Cricket needs to look after him by giving him some sort of coaching/mentoring role.

He should not play again. If Oz Cricket has any governance in place they will pull his pin.

Last edited:
Couldnt believe it when I heard this afternoon .
Watched him a few weeks back , gee he made premier cricket look so easy .

Looks like our generational talent wont even get a run at it .
Hope CA support him with the right advice and roles if he cant or doesnt want to proceed playing.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So sad, even when blokes like McCartin and Brayshaw were getting concussions they were from getting hit in packs etc. Puckovski is walking into doors and getting hit in fielding drills. Never gonna be able to face international bowlers if a butterfly can KO him

Hes gotta seriously consider walking away from sport for a couple years now atleast

So sad, even when blokes like McCartin and Brayshaw were getting concussions they were from getting hit in packs etc. Puckovski is walking into doors and getting hit in fielding drills. Never gonna be able to face international bowlers if a butterfly can KO him

Hes gotta seriously consider walking away from sport for a couple years now atleast

Na McCartin was pretty similar, his last one before he was delisted by st kilda he just got bumped in the shoulder in a marking contest and his head shook a bit and he had to spend 2 months in bed with no light or loud sounds… and these issues only get much much worse as u get older, the brain is pretty terrible at healing itself.

Na McCartin was pretty similar, his last one before he was delisted by st kilda he just got bumped in the shoulder in a marking contest and his head shook a bit and he had to spend 2 months in bed with no light or loud sounds… and these issues only get much much worse as u get older, the brain is pretty terrible at healing itself.

Majority of Mccartins were heavier, Pucovski has gotten concussed walking into a door, and been hit in training and fielding in a non conctact sport essentially. Far more easily concussed.

The fielding drill bit is incredible really , think its a few times now for him .
In 30 years I have never ever seen that happen once .

People are either aiming for his head, or he's head just keeps getting in people's way. Whatever the case may be, he really needs to stop all commentary duties and focus on he's wellbeing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back