Opinion Things you didn't expect to hear yourself say

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Boak will win the B&F in 2019.

2. Boak is leading like he should have lead the last 3 years as captain.

The wasted years of bullshit high half forward useless running period. Less is more.

I fervently hope that the rumours that Carlton and North Melbourne will poach both our head coach Hinkley and our longest serving assistant coach Voss...... actually happen.

I wish it wasn't bye week. I'll miss melt Thursday.
I'll be doing the opposite of melting if I see Dixon and Wines listed in the Maggies this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Boak will win the B&F in 2019.
2. Boak is leading like he should have lead the last 3 years as captain.

Just like Tredrea did in 2009 when he retired as captain in 2008. Wanganeen, after retiring the captaincy in 2000 was All Australian in 2001 and runner up in the Brownlow in 2003.

So the 3 things I thought I'd never hear myself say:

1. Christ I hope Jonas and Wines retire the captaincy at the end of the year. (actually I probably have thought that if not said it)

2. Port Power should never have just one captain again

3. Dixon, Motlop and Johnson are the only logical choices for the 2020 captaincy" (on the basis that everyone else will hopefully improve without retiring the captaincy)

EDIT: 4 things.

4. I wish Hinkley had been made Captain/Coach in 2018.

Last edited:
Just like Tredrea did in 2009 when he retired as captain. Wanganeen, after retiring the captaincy in 2000 was All Australian in 2001 and runner up in the Brownlow in 2003.

Big difference between Boak and the other 2.

Wangas was a reluctant captain at 23 and gave it up at 27 when he was in his peak years with plenty of footy left. He had a lot of injuries in 1999 and 2000 but he lead from the front when he was fit to play.

Tredders was never the same after his 4th knee dislocation in February 2006 a few months after he finally got the captaincy. He was 27 in his prime and his knee was stuffed. He struggled big time in 2006 and 2007 was an up and down year. Played ok in 2008 but as he was approaching 30 he decided he had to be selfish to extend his career and give up the captaincy. 2009 was a poor year we only won 9 games.

Boak was skipper for 6 years and all reports were he didnt want to give it up. He struggled to play well and lead when we needed him in the big games and close games to get us over the line, partly because he was played out of position, not because he was carrying major injuries.

Big difference between Boak and the other 2.

Wangas was a reluctant captain at 23 and gave it up at 27 when he was in his peak years with plenty of footy left. He had a lot of injuries in 1999 and 2000 but he lead from the front when he was fit to play.

Tredders was never the same after his 4th knee dislocation in February 2006 a few months after he finally got the captaincy. He was 27 in his prime and his knee was stuffed. He struggled big time in 2006 and 2007 was an up and down year. Played ok in 2008 but as he was approaching 30 he decided he had to be selfish to extend his career and give up the captaincy. 2009 was a poor year we only won 9 games.

Boak was skipper for 6 years and all reports were he didnt want to give it up. He struggled to play well and lead when we needed him in the big games and close games to get us over the line, partly because he was played out of position, not because he was carrying major injuries.

Yeah I was aware of most of that. It was just an attempt at humour REH. Although I'd try almost anything to Motlop play consistently to his potential.

Karlos the butcher.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back