Roast Those who CHOSE to stay home!

Remove this Banner Ad

Had my own game of footy at 2 o'clock. Still went to the second half. Wasn't the best game to watch, but eh, at least I put the effort in.

Personally, I'm a strong believer in sticking with your club and showing up to games regardless of the team's form. That's what being a supporter means to me so I can relate to what the OP is saying. HOWEVER, I can also strongly relate to those who didn't want to show up because of the team's poor form. If the players and coaches don't give the fans the effort and respect they deserve, then the fans won't give them the effort and respect in return. Whilst I don't necessarily choose that approach myself, I understand it and don't have a problem with it. If the club wants bigger crowds, then they need to play like a team that deserves bigger crowds.

I was going to go but I saw a bus on fire and the bus was full of orphans and I had to save all the orphans from the bus that was on fire and then the woman who was driving the bus that caught on fire went into labour and I had to deliver her baby and then the woman died so I started out with 21 orphans but ended up with 22 orphans and then I adopted all the orphans and I named all the orphans after different bus companies and now all the orphans live with me and now channel 10 is going to make a reality TV show about me and the orphans and it will save channel 10 so if you like watching Neighbours you're welcome.

I was going to go but I saw a bus on fire and the bus was full of orphans and I had to save all the orphans from the bus that was on fire and then the woman who was driving the bus that caught on fire went into labour and I had to deliver her baby and then the woman died so I started out with 21 orphans but ended up with 22 orphans and then I adopted all the orphans and I named all the orphans after different bus companies and now all the orphans live with me and now channel 10 is going to make a reality TV show about me and the orphans and it will save channel 10 so if you like watching Neighbours you're welcome.
Well don't let it happen again.

As meaningful as the OP. I've had a platinum ticket every year since we entered the AFL, including when I lived in Melbourne. I had other engagements tonight, but don't give a s**t I missed that putrid show.

Chiwigi should keep his whinging to about the English and the rich. At least we can just ignore as 'that guy at it again'. I sat through the s**t we served up at AAMI from 2008-2012 and I faced them with more enthusiasm then I would have felt going today if I was able to. He can cram his sanctimonious s**t where the sun doesn't shine. The club is riddled with players and staff who take crowd adulation as justification for their half arsed s**t. Those who have a membership and chose not to go as protest for bring served up s**t, when they don't have the excuses of zero off-field support like the dark years are perfectly justified to do so.

Haha kapow

I was there. But it was like being forced to sit there and watch some shitty movie your girlfriend wants to watch.

This game totally had Sarah Jessica Parker in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you dont attend games you cripple the club. Sponsors pay money to get exposure without a crowd they don't get it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
And less sponsors less $$$ to spend on the footy department for this coach and playing group or future ones. It's like people refusing to vote in elections, or doing invalid voting. They think it hurts the pollies by sending a message but in fact it just ends up hurting us.

If you dont attend games you cripple the club. Sponsors pay money to get exposure without a crowd they don't get it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sponsors care more about the TV audience so you're literally better off staying home from their POV.

You're an adult its you're choice. If any time not to go its now. Club can afford it but what we cant afford is for whats happening with our club be it list choices , team selections and our game plan because we have less members this year then the all our adelaide oval years and that will only get worse if we don't see a premiership team building within the near future.

I've only missed 2 port home games since 02 . I just can't not go thats just stuck with me . I still feel angry about missing in home game in 06 but hey thats just me.

Bottom line s**t needs to change and if you choose not to go . I get it and sort of thank you for doing what i can not because it does send our board a message in a way. Were not a religion. There us no hell for not going to a game . Its you're choice

I pay for two Platinum memberships and a Black Diamond seat..

I attend most games.
I chose not to go to this game because, quite simply, it was not worth it.

If that makes me a pussy, so be it.
Finger me gently and tweak my nub.
Disappointed in you Bomber. I thought you were hard core. Just when our team is starting to turn the corner. Weak. Fair Weather. Pussy.......dont ever pick on me again or I'll send you my fuel bill :straining:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back