Recommitted Tim English [Re-signed Until 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Our ruck stocks a poo so it would be horrible for us if he left.
I suspect if it comes to a cash battle West Coast will have more than we do (in cap space) by the end of this year.

He looked like he was going to be a star.
Since he got knocked out his looked like bambi on ice.
Big question marks on which path the rest of his career takes.
For his sake I’m hoping he gets back on the dean cox trajectory not the Rory lobb what could of be trajectory.
Dogs are in the window would they take lobb for English.
Hamling and lobb for English ??
Hamling would really help dogs in defence
lobb would be a great filler until darcy and jamar get their s**t together!

For his sake I’m hoping he gets back on the dean cox trajectory not the Rory lobb what could of be trajectory.
lobb would be a great filler until darcy and jamar get their sh*t together!
I would take Hamling back with open arms if he is over his injury

lobb would be a great filler until darcy and jamar get their sh*t together!

A swap for Lobb makes sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'll enjoy West Coast's top ten pick for him and we take your pick #17 for Lobb.
Emotion Reaction GIF

Pick 17 for Lobb

Not seriously, but think of it more like English and #17 for Lobb and #8.

Alternatively you could offer Melbourne pick #8 and #17 for Luke Jackson on the sort of money Tim English couldn't get two days earlier.
I wouldn’t mind Lloyd Meek but I highly doubt you guy’s would traded him

I wouldn’t mind Lloyd Meek but I highly doubt you guy’s would traded him

I'm expecting huge things from him this season just quietly. You're right about not wanting to trade him, especially under contract for 2023. If he has a break out season and shows himself as a genuine #1 AFL ruck there will be multiple clubs asking the question.

I'm expecting huge things from him this season just quietly. You're right about not wanting to trade him, especially under contract for 2023. If he has a break out season and shows himself as a genuine #1 AFL ruck there will be multiple clubs asking the question.
In a way I hope English stays our Ruck stock isn’t great

Do you think Meek and Darcy can exist in the same team? Does Meek have enough to make an impact forward at times? We are desperate for a ruck regardless of whether English leaves or stays.

Do you think Meek and Darcy can exist in the same team? Does Meek have enough to make an impact forward at times? We are desperate for a ruck regardless of whether English leaves or stays.

I think Darcy is the one who would play the forward role more than Meek. My hope for them is that both of them are competent in the ruck to be genuine #1 AFL rucks and that Darcy is the one who takes the forward half stoppages and leading forward - since he can slot set shots from the 50.

It's been a long time since Freo hasn't had a total liability when the primary ruck rests.

I don't think Lobb, Meek and Darcy can exist in the same team.

I think Darcy is the one who would play the forward role more than Meek. My hope for them is that both of them are competent in the ruck to be genuine #1 AFL rucks and that Darcy is the one who takes the forward half stoppages and leading forward - since he can slot set shots from the 50.

It's been a long time since Freo hasn't had a total liability when the primary ruck rests.

I don't think Lobb, Meek and Darcy can exist in the same team.
Does Lobb stay or go at the end of the year?

Does Lobb stay or go at the end of the year?

If someone offers him the "rest of career" contract he plays with them until he retires. Whether that's Freo, Gold Coast, Bulldogs, Melbourne, GWS, Sydney - who knows who wants someone to play a bit of ruck and play tall forward.

I'm leaning towards him trying to leave again, but given he is under contract for two seasons I think Freo make a fuss of it.

Meek is key. If he steps up and Darcy can fill the Lobb void forward then Freo is a better team.

Our ruck stocks a poo so it would be horrible for us if he left.
I suspect if it comes to a cash battle West Coast will have more than we do (in cap space) by the end of this year.

Would it? Does he actually really bolster your ruck stocks? Considering who Bevo chose to play ahead of him late last year...

My thoughts would be let him go on his inflated contract, if he demands one, and get a value ruck (Nankervis/Hickey/Stef tier competitor) in place.

If I was ranking Dogs on importance of keeping for the current tilt, I'd be keeping all of Bont, Macrae, Libba, Dunkley, Smith, Daniel, Dale, Keath, Naughton, Bruce and because his salary is some Pies, Treloar ahead of him (not counting the likes of JUH & Darcy, although they aren't going to be forced out cap wise). He'd probably be on par with Hunter, Duryea and Crozier for me - those are the sorts of guys I'd be thinking English is competing with.

All comes down to salary demands, but I'd not be risking losing any of the first 11 (well, maybe Bruce considering age - but that places a fair bit of time pressure on JUH and Darcy) to accommodate a bidding war for English. He can stay and have a good shot at a flag, or chase the dollars. I'm not desperate if I'm Beveridge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back