Traded Tim Kelly [traded with #57 and future 3rd to West Coast for #14, #24, #33 and future 1st]

Who won this trade?

• Geelong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • West Coast

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Huh? Eagles don't have the picks for that, and no player from the Eagles would want to go to Melbourne after the season they have had.
Then Fremantle will use their pick 6, If a trade not done during trade period. Other club won't get involve if they don't hold any advantage that favour them in trade. They got their own players trading to do and can still trade draft pick after players trading end.

Last edited:
My purpose is to inform you that repeat opinion is still the same. Why not wait until a deal get done and then comment. Arguing for the sick of argue won't get the deal done.

Your purpose is to inform me/this board that what's already been said, needs repeating? Interesting. I think you need to work on your grammar a little bit though, if you're going to be coming in here acting so pompous.

Also, I could make the same comment - wait until a deal gets done and then comment - as you. Works both ways.

Well there are 2 examples when the point allocation was similar regarding early draft pick

2014 Adelaide Geelong
14 35 to 10 47
2013 Wce Collingwood
11 31 49 to 6 44
Yep. When teams need to bid for an academy or father son selections points are relevant. When they dont the are totally irrelevant and its simply about the clubs achieving the picks they think will bring in the best players. Geelong has no early academy or father son selections this year, which means the points comparison is a waste of time. Geelong wont care if pick 24 and 33 equal points for pick 12 unless they can trade that to a team with bids to make. This year there are very few teams other than GWS who need to make early bids for players before pick 12 and they are way more likely to need to use their pick 12 and 18 to move up the draft for a green bid. In other words you are wasting your time comparing points for a top 13 pick as no team is in the market to need multiple later picks in exchange for an early pick.

I think there is alot of posturing going on at the moment.

worst case for Eagles they dont get Kelly but dont lose anything.

Worst case for Freo Kelly goes to the Eagles but they dont lose anything.

Worst case for Geelong they lose Kelly and gain nothing.

If Freo get pick 6 whats stopping them from just using that in the draft to get Kelly ?

Whats stopping Eagles from trading for a pick ahead of Freo and getting him in the draft ?

To think Cats hold all the cards here is very naive.

I think the trade will get done respectfully but Geelong could lose out big if they are not careful.

And before anyone says it no club outside of WA would risk a high draft pick on Kelly in the draft given the circumstances !
If you dont get kelly its the same as losing kelly. A player who would be your best mid.

West coast has to give up more than that to get kelly. We can do the steven trade for a second or third rounder without you.
24 is a second rounder, and trying to hold the saints to ransom because of a player with mental health issues and wants to move clubs is not a good look. 24 is very fair for Steven.

Your purpose is to inform me/this board that what's already been said, needs repeating? Interesting. I think you need to work on your grammar a little bit though, if you're going to be coming in here acting so pompous.

Also, I could make the same comment - wait until a deal gets done and then comment - as you. Works both ways.
Yep, gotta love the WC b/f logic on here. Why discuss a prospective trade in a prospective trade thread. On the actual subject matter if this trade is true to form like most trades that happen. Day 1 of trading. West Coast and Geelong beat their chest and say they are miles off. What ever they release to the media the end result of most trades that happen is nearly always half way in between what is said in the first meeting.

My prediction Day 1. West Coast management. We've made what we think is a significant offer to Geelong of our 2019 first and a future first. Geelong knocks it back and want a guaranteed top ten pick this year as part of the deal. THe trade ends up being Pick 14 and 24 with a future first and then Geelong trade 14 and 24 to move into the top ten with another team. West Coast fans melt saying he's uncontracted until their heads turn blue. The reality is they've got a player most with a clue rate in the top 15-20 in the afl this season. With their future first ending up being a pick in the 20's with a heap of academy bids predicted early next year they've actially got a bargain, but WC fans are too clueless on anything football to realize.

Last edited:
24 is a second rounder, and trying to hold the saints to ransom because of a player with mental health issues and wants to move clubs is not a good look. 24 is very fair for Steven.
Steven is 30 and has mental health issues which meant he barely played any football this year. Pick 30 or lower. Regardless even if steven is worth a pick around 25 it still doesnt explain why we would take a low ball offer for kelly? Kelly is worth way way more then pick 14 and a second rounder.

My grammar is in progress, you need to be patient. As long you care to reply that mean you can understand even with my grammar limitations/flaws.

Every club does it, in every trade period, lol. If a club was to come out and say 'yep, he'll be traded, no sweat', then they would be bent over at the trade table without a doubt. There is rarely any trade in trade history where a club has just said 'it's a done deal, will be tabled at 9:01AM. Last year we came pretty close with our deal for Linc to go to Brisbane, and then the subsequent on-trade to Carlton for Kreuger. No hassle, no fuss, everyone happy. Very very rare that you see that happen.

Agree.

However the amount of PR BS being thrown out by Geelong and the Vic media is simply off the charts.

Happy for the two club's to play the Game of Trades and go through the motions. But the rhetoric and noise coming from Geelong is TBH disrespectful to the process.

I actually think it's about Wells and Scott being fearful for their jobs. Cats fans want blood and a pound of flesh. The Geelong president has publically criticised the foul nature and comments of Geelong fans. This is a rare mixture of anger and toxic backlash by Cats fans.

If Wells, Scott and the club dont put up a strong image there will be ramifications to careers down there.

Steven is 30 and has mental health issues which meant he barely played any football this year. Pick 30 or lower. Regardless even if steven is worth a pick around 25 it still doesnt explain why we would take a low ball offer for kelly? Kelly is worth way way more then pick 14 and a second rounder.
You got pick 14 and Steven, hardly lowball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, gotta love the WC b/f logic on here. Why discuss a prospective trade in a prospective trade thread.

It's a Gold Coast supporter but I gotta love how we live rent free in your head.

You realize Geelong could say the exact same thing...right? Just change a few words - 'holding the Cats to ransom because of a player with autistic children and wants to move clubs is not a good look.'

Pick 9 and a ranger, swap of third rounders should do it for Kelly. the just get the lad home factor hey.
Otherwise it would be hugely Two faced.
Rules and ethics seem to be a bit blurred at GFC especially when the angle doesn’t suit.
Prickly like their coach ain’t gonna set wheels in motion.

You realize it's a Gold Coast supporter...right? Probably better not to insert yourself in the middle of something, when the previous comments provide context to what is being said.
Ok. Assumed it was west coast.

Are you going with a running gag of making dense statements in this thread? You know what he is referring to.

Anyway I heard a rumour that WCE are pressuring Kelly's family back in the west, super unethical I reckon ;)
Anyway I know for a fact that geelong supporters are openly abusing TK and his family via social media, super unethical I reckon ;)

Pick 9 and a ranger, swap of third rounders should do it for Kelly. the just get the lad home factor hey.
Otherwise it would be hugely Two faced.
Rules and ethics seem to be a bit blurred at GFC especially when the angle doesn’t suit.
Prickly like their coach ain’t gonna set wheels in motion.
Yes ethics is so blurred that we gave you 2 points and cost ourselves a finals spot in the process on the weekend when walsh was murdered. Collingwood and hawthorn disgracefully played football on the very evening after the murder. Most teams would of demanded 4 points with finals on the line. Eddie macguire definately would of. But we gave you two points that helped you make finals at our own expense.

Not to mention we decided to trade a free agent to you when we could of left you with nothing by bidding up dangers salary like every other club would have.

Geelong has always been overly kind to adelaide. In hindsight we should not of been as you have shown no appreciation.

Ok. Assumed it was west coast.
Nah we met in real life before , just different persona in BF. In every trade deal one club will be taking under. Right now just wait and let both club deal with it.

Agree.

However the amount of PR BS being thrown out by Geelong and the Vic media is simply off the charts.

Happy for the two club's to play the Game of Trades and go through the motions. But the rhetoric and noise coming from Geelong is TBH disrespectful to the process.

I actually think it's about Wells and Scott being fearful for their jobs. Cats fans want blood and a pound of flesh. The Geelong president has publically criticised the foul nature and comments of Geelong fans. This is a rare mixture of anger and toxic backlash by Cats fans.

If Wells, Scott and the club dont put up a strong image there will be ramifications to careers down there.

I honestly think that's more the AFL media, than Geelong as a club. Wells keeps getting brought on, lol. Has to say something. I have noticed that all of his comments have been firm, but fair. Even his comment today, was in the vein of 'some at our club think we shouldn't even trade him; such is his value to us.' It's more surrounding how highly they rate him, rather than dismissing his trade wishes. Yeah there's some rhetoric being thrown around, but when pushes come to shove, I would think this gets done sooner rather than later.

The fact he's answering questions at all, makes me think that he's comfortable enough to discuss it with the media. Meaning, he has his price and you guys have yours, and you'll meet in the middle.

That's the optimist in me anyway.

Back