• No

Votes: 63 40.9%
  • I’ll vote during the season

Votes: 16 10.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

God, hearing his press conference.....

Thank * he can play football.

Explains the brain explosions, doesn’t look like he has one.

6 for 6 sounds overs, even for someone of his talent but i suppose 1 mill will be four fifths of sfa in 6 years time.

I have never liked these long contracts due to risk but that is what FA has forced clubs to do it seems. They appear to be more common now.

1 million is probably about the equivalent of a 700k contract a few years back. Greene is a gun and will legitimately have claims to being the best small forward over that 6 year period and could end up being regarded as good as the likes of Rioli and Betts.
So it all sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Plus if there is one area that GWS aren't blessed with great depth its small forwards. They can't afford to lose him.

Interesting that GWS lock Greene up for six years but Josh Kelly for only two last year. Was that Kelly's choice to go for a shorter deal? Greene is a very good small forward but I would rather Kelly locked up long term if I was GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think he'll ever be as good as Stevie J, but then again who for 6 mil is these days.

Would like to see this coin thrown at established top 10-20 players not semi-developed high draft picks all the time with 1 good/ok season to their name like Scully Melbourne.

Biggest reason?

Kelly has the structure around him to be the highest paid player on a list to play for a club in Melbourne and adapt to that "fish bowl life"

Tobes told his family that he will never play football in Melbourne. He is not equipped to deal with the "day-to-day dickheads" that would crowd his space of he did.

So, basically, the fans of EVERY Melbourne / WA / SA club and the respective media in those states drove Toby to seek out a 6 year deal.

If I did not have inside knowledge of the family I seriously would have thought he was up to leave us this year, but the 2 teams I would assume he would go to were Swans & Lions.

He loves Melbourne, it's home. But he hates the footy flogs that live here.

So you are saying that Kelly will return to play footy in Melbourne?

Young fella gets into a scuffle on the piss, adonbilivit. As punchable as his face is give it a rest it was years ago.

Back