Rumour Tom Bell to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be interesting what Carlton would expect from us. Remembering we'll need at least 3 picks to get Keays and Hipwood probably. And its not like we're desperate for what Bell can provide us, good chance he'd just be depth.
Surely you could trade Aish + a third rounder for Bell + a second rounder?

Surely you could trade Aish + a third rounder for Bell + a second rounder?

Third rounder will most likely be tied up in Hipwood or Keays. Most draft forecasts have them both being bid on somewhere between 10-20, or possibly even higher.

Third rounder will most likely be tied up in Hipwood or Keays. Most draft forecasts have them both being bid on somewhere between 10-20, or possibly even higher.
Would Brisbane do a straight Aish for Bell + fourth rounder (or something close) then? They'd basically be trading one under-performing little runt for a big bodied Queenslander who will likely finish his career at the Lions. Wouldn't be a bad outcome, but it's still a shame that Aish's recruitment has proven such a disaster for a pick 7.

Would Brisbane do a straight Aish for Bell + fourth rounder (or something close) then? They'd basically be trading one under-performing little runt for a big bodied Queenslander who will likely finish his career at the Lions. Wouldn't be a bad outcome, but it's still a shame that Aish's recruitment has proven such a disaster for a pick 7.

Eh...I think you'll find we'd push for Bell+2nd or something. 2nd means we have more currency for our Academy, as a fourth would = less points.

Deal wont be done with Brisbane - Gold Coast need midfield numbers..he will be an upgrade to Matera at half forward guaranteed. Oh well enjoy him... he will conistsently pull in 70-80 supercoach points as he bashes and crashes all day and kicks a few goals.

Eh...I think you'll find we'd push for Bell+2nd or something
I agree that's what he's worth, but Aish is leaving regardless. Carlton will likely have the number 1 PSD pick, and they themselves are hunting for draft picks to begin a rebuild. I suppose they can always build around Cripps and Aish, but they'd likely want to keep their second rounder.

Third and fourth rounders won't be worth as much as other years due to the shallow depth of the draft, so you never know. Maybe they'll be worth more to you guys than to Carlton.

Deal wont be done with Brisbane - Gold Coast need midfield numbers..he will be an upgrade to Matera at half forward guaranteed. Oh well enjoy him... he will conistsently pull in 70-80 supercoach points as he bashes and crashes all day and kicks a few goals.
I'd love him at GC and definitely wouldn't be against it. You're definitely right about the half forward upgrade. Rocket said at a members function a few weeks ago that the club has their eye on a few mature players to move north, so Bell definitely fits in with that.

I agree that's what he's worth, but Aish is leaving regardless. Carlton will likely have the number 1 PSD pick, and they themselves are hunting for draft picks to begin a rebuild. I suppose they can always build around Cripps and Aish, but they'd likely want to keep their second rounder.

Third and fourth rounders won't be worth as much as other years due to the shallow depth of the draft, so you never know. Maybe they'll be worth more to you guys than to Carlton.

Whats worth more to you as a PSD: Carlisle or Aish? Key Position Swingman or Classy Outsider?

Well there you have it, Brisbane can just close negotations with Bell now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"But hard-running onballer Tom Bell’s manager has confirmed to the Herald Sun he might seek a trade back to Brisbane in coming weeks."

Might as well pack his bags now. He's coming!

He's fifth at Carlton according to the official AFL player ratings and he'd also be fifth at Brisbane. Is massively underrated on these boards and has had a breakout year.

He is actually one of the only players I could think of that if he was in my side, I wouldn't give a crap about his disposal.

He is a big dude and runs through brick walls. Therefore, I am not caring about the footskills and just implore him to get the ball in the contest and hack it forward

My thoughts exactly.
I definitely wouldnt mind bell. Particulary if we lose redden this year as a trade or next as a free agent. Not sure what we will get for redden and i hope he doesnt leave.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back